PDA

View Full Version : On private call, Republicans say attacking Obama personally is too dangerous

Perilloux
12-06-2011, 03:40 PM
On private call, Republicans say attacking Obama personally is too dangerous (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/yahoo-exclusive-republicans-disclose-private-call-too-dangerous-175828684.html)
Yahoo News exclusive
By Rachel Rose Hartman | The Ticket 1 hr 16 mins ago

Republicans on a private Republican National Committee conference call with allies warned Tuesday that party surrogates should refrain from personal attacks against President Barack Obama, because such a strategy is too hazardous for the GOP.

"We're hesitant to jump on board with heavy attacks" personally against President Obama, Nicholas Thompson, the vice president of Tarrance Group, a Republican polling firm, said on the call. "There's a lot of people who feel sorry for him."

Recent polling data indicates that while the president still suffers significantly low job approval ratings, voters still give "high approval" to Obama personally, Thompson said.

Voters "don't think he's an evil man who's out to change the United States" for the worse--even though many of the same survey respondents agree that his policies have harmed the country, Thompson said. The upshot, Thompson stressed, is that Republicans should "exercise some caution" when talking about the president personally.

:smilie_wall:

WTF! Having flashbacks of McCain's 08' campaign after reading this. I am SO SICK of this kind of BS from weak @ss Republican's. If they aren't going to attack him why even bother running against him? Anyone think Obama surrogates will refrain from "personally attacking" the eventual Republican nominee? I don't even know how to articulate how furious this article makes me.

:mad:

Articulate_Ape
12-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Not a very private call.

DumbAss Tanker
12-06-2011, 06:58 PM
While my immediate reaction is "WTF ARE THEY THINKING?!?" the cynic in me says "...Because that's what 527s are for!"

Janice
12-06-2011, 09:11 PM
"On private call, Republicans say attacking Obama personally is too dangerous" ....

I guess its a little obvious where McCain got his advise from now.

And ah... just how did that turn out? Hmmmm GOP??

:rolleyes:

AmPat
12-06-2011, 10:58 PM
The RNC had better wake up and listen to the people that donate------LIKE ME! I will not send another dime to the RNC (Retards-N-Charge) until they have a candidate. I'm sick of these (insert P word) kissing the @$$ of political correctness. It is pure cowardice and stupidity.:mad:

txradioguy
12-07-2011, 04:21 AM
Republicans on a private Republican National Committee conference call with allies warned Tuesday that party surrogates should refrain from personal attacks against President Barack Obama, because such a strategy is too hazardous for the GOP.

The hell it is!

He sure as hell isn't going to refrain from personal attacks on his opponent much less slack up on the verbal attacks he makes on normal Americans on a daily basis.

These weak kneed clowns need to wake the hell up and realize they are trying to play by rules the other side tore up and spit on decades ago.

Tipsycatlover
12-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Every time someone rips obama, they get a boost in the polls. The republicans should stop listening to democrats.

noonwitch
12-07-2011, 10:19 AM
If he is the worst president ever, why would the GOP need to attack him personally? Attacks on his record should be enough.

Arroyo_Doble
12-07-2011, 10:46 AM
If he is the worst president ever, why would the GOP need to attack him personally? Attacks on his record should be enough.

There is a need for catharsis. The level of contempt is too large for mere policy debate.

DumbAss Tanker
12-07-2011, 10:48 AM

Because THEY will be launching personal attacks (Hell, they already have, for instance see San Franfreako's answer to Skeletor and her news conference this week), since the Dems sure as Hell aren't going to be bragging about Obama's record. Refusing to respond in kind - 'Staying above the fray' - just doesn't work, as McCain's elitist Beltway-insider approach should have proved to any doubters. The electorate wants red meat, not escargot.

txradioguy
12-07-2011, 11:20 AM

Pointing out his failed record IS a personal attack in the minds of your fellow Libtards in D.C.

noonwitch
12-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Because THEY will be launching personal attacks (Hell, they already have, for instance see San Franfreako's answer to Skeletor and her news conference this week), since the Dems sure as Hell aren't going to be bragging about Obama's record. Refusing to respond in kind - 'Staying above the fray' - just doesn't work, as McCain's elitist Beltway-insider approach should have proved to any doubters. The electorate wants red meat, not escargot.

The media wants red meat. The public is watching reality shows and busy with Christmas right now. They'll start thinking about the election after the holidays, when the primaries begin.

Perilloux
12-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Pointing out his failed record IS a personal attack in the minds of your fellow Libtards in D.C.

Exactly! And this from the article in the OP:

Voters "don't think he's an evil man who's out to change the United States" for the worse--even though many of the same survey respondents agree that his policies have harmed the country, Thompson said.

IMO is evidence of that. Pointing out the damage Obama's "change" is doing to this country is not a "personal attack".

AmPat
12-07-2011, 02:28 PM

There is a need for catharsis. The level of contempt is too large for mere policy debate.

O Blah Blah set the rules for the game. Stop whining for the Marxist POC, he made his bed, he can LIE in it.:cool: