PDA

View Full Version : Alec Baldwin thrown off AA flight at LAX for 'playing game' on phone

Rockntractor
12-07-2011, 12:34 AM
By ERIN CALABRESE and DAVID K. LI

Last Updated: 11:15 PM, December 6, 2011

Posted: 4:51 PM, December 6, 2011

What a smart Alec.

Hot-head Alec Baldwin was kicked off an American Airlines flight this afternoon in Los Angeles because he was playing a game on his phone apparently past the point when passengers are supposed to have turned off their devices.

On his Twitter account, Baldwin wrote: "Flight attendant on American [Airlines] reamed me out 4 playing WORDS W FRIENDS while we sat at the gate, not moving."

Fellow passengers stuck on the runway at Los Angeles International Airport quickly tweeted about the incident moments after it took place.

Michael J. Wolf, founder of the website Activate.com, tweeted at around 4:20 p.m. ET that Baldwin had been tossed from the flight.
DAVID CROTTY/ PatrickMcMullan.com
Alec Baldwin was reportedly thrown off a flight today.

"On an AA flight at LAX. Alec Baldwin removed from the plane. We had to go back to the gate. Terrible that everyone had to wait."

Baldwin was aboard AA Flight 4, which was delayed an hour, when the "30 Rock" star was booted for not listening to the flight attendant.

Passenger Steve Weiss, who was sitting across the isle from Baldwin, described the scene.

"Apparently he said he was playing a game, but he was actually talking on the phone. She [the flight attendant] was very nice. The door was closed they just announced that they were pulling away from the gate. He got up threw his papers on the floor stormed into the bathroom slammed the door closed, beat on the wall and then came back."

"He said 'If you want to kick me off, kick me off.' He was just crazy, he just flipped out, the guy has problems."

The flight attendant who dealt with the hotheaded Hollywood actor said he couldn't stay on the flight.

"He was violent, abusive and aggressive. He got into the bathroom and started beating on the wall and he pounded his fists on the galley counter. Yelling, screaming, very ugly. It was unsafe to keep him on board that's why he got kicked out."

The flight attendant did not want to give her name, but said she asked him five times to get off his phone.

"He was asked five times. I contacted the captain. We were brought back in and he was let off the plane."

No special treatment for Baldwin was given.

"Everybody is the same. Everyone has to follow the rules, it doesn't matter who you are," the flight attendant said.

A rep for Baldwin said, "Alec was asked to leave a flight for playing Words with Friends while parked at the gate. He loves WWF so much that he was willing to leave a plane for it, but he has already boarded another AA flight."

In 2007, the actor left a nasty voice mail tirade for his young daughter, calling her a “rude, thoughtless little pig.”

He later apologized and wrote a book inspired by that incident.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/alec_baldwin_thrown_off_flight_at_ikgro0tlAWEveH4I Moa4YK#ixzz1fouWVw5E

Kay
12-07-2011, 12:48 AM
He is such an ass.

NJCardFan
12-07-2011, 12:59 AM
He is such an ass.

But he is a liberal icon.

Kay
12-07-2011, 01:12 AM
But he is a liberal icon.

Oh you are correct.
I should have used caps. ;)

He is such an ASS.

BadCat
12-07-2011, 08:54 AM
They should have waited until they were at 35000 ft to throw him off.

SaintLouieWoman
12-07-2011, 10:20 AM
He's the biggest jerk around. I can't believe that people give him a break because they like the role he plays on 30 Rock. He's just reading those lines. It's so ironic that he plays a conservative on that show. It's obvious why his ex dumped him.

Obviously any anger management training he had didn't work. Just like you can't fix stupid, you can't fix an ASS (you're right on, Kay).

AmPat
12-07-2011, 11:33 AM
The flight attendant who dealt with the hotheaded Hollywood actor said he couldn't stay on the flight.

"He was violent, abusive and aggressive. He got into the bathroom and started beating on the wall and he pounded his fists on the galley counter. Yelling, screaming, very ugly. It was unsafe to keep him on board that's why he got kicked out."IOW's; He's a liberal.;)

jendf
12-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Kudos to AA for fighting back. What a douche.

noonwitch
12-07-2011, 02:13 PM
He used to be good looking, back in his Knots Landing days. He didn't age so well.

Odysseus
12-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Baldwin has always been a nutbar. Remember his rant about murdering Rep. Henry Hyde and his family for impeaching Clinton?

In a December 11, 1998 appearance on Conan O'Brien's late-night NBC talk show, Baldwin was asked about Clinton's battle to avoid impeachment. An enraged Baldwin said the following about that battle, and about the Republican congressman spearheading the impeachment effort, Henry Hyde:

"... The President is very popular and things are going pretty good and they are voting to impeach the President. They voted on one article of impeachment already. And I come back from Africa to stained dresses and cigars and this and impeachment. I am thinking to myself in other countries they are laughing at us twenty four hours a day and I'm thinking to myself if we were in other countries, we would all right now, all of us together, [starts to shout] all of us together would go down to Washington and we would stone Henry Hyde to death! We would stone him to death! [crowd cheers] Wait! Shut up! Shut up! No shut up! I'm not finished. We would stone Henry Hyde to death and we would go to their homes and we'd kill their wives and their children. We would kill their families. [stands up screaming] What is happening in this country? What is happening?..."

He's a bully and a thug wannabe.

JB
12-07-2011, 05:47 PM
A 53 year old man throws a temper tantrum like a 3 year old. What a wuss.

Wei Wu Wei
12-07-2011, 06:17 PM
hahahaha what a jackass

RedGrouse
12-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Alec Baldwin is really volatile.

Elspeth
12-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Alec Baldwin is really volatile.

Did they do a drug test on him after he was kicked off?

RedGrouse
12-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Did they do a drug test on him after he was kicked off?

I wonder about it.

CueSi
12-07-2011, 09:07 PM
He used to be good looking, back in his Knots Landing days. He didn't age so well.

Sometimes I think that's why he's so angry. He's resembling an irritated water buffalo while Bush ages decently, Cheney makes his evilness work for him in retirement, and Kim Basinger, while broke, is still hittable.

As they say in the hood, "oh, he mad."

~QC

Kay
12-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Sometimes I think that's why he's so angry. He's resembling an irritated water buffalo while Bush ages decently, Cheney makes his evilness work for him in retirement, and Kim Basinger, while broke, is still hittable.

~QC

I've always thought that Kim Basinger was one of the most beautiful women ever.
She was/is such a natural and healthy looking pretty. She later suffered from that
Syndrome of not being able to leave her house or be around people. I always felt
Like he was probably the type that couldn't have someone more attractive in the
House than himself, so he probably was really emotionally abusive to her because
She looked better than him. The type that wanted a trophy wife on his arm walking
Down the red carpet, but would get mad if the press story wasn't all about him only.

Odysseus
12-08-2011, 12:13 AM

~QC

Aside from your dislike for Cheney, what is the point of including him in this discussion?

CueSi
12-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Aside from your dislike for Cheney, what is the point of including him in this discussion?

HUH? I actually kinda like Cheney. Alec Baldwin didn't. Did you lose your sarcasm this morning?

~QC

Arroyo_Doble
12-08-2011, 12:32 PM
A 53 year old man throws a temper tantrum like a 3 year old. What a wuss.

He is standing up against the unjust percecution of cell phone users. He is a modern day Rosa Parks.

Odysseus
12-08-2011, 06:57 PM
He is standing up against the unjust percecution of cell phone users. He is a modern day Rosa Parks.

And the scary thing is, that is probably what he thinks happened.