PDA

View Full Version : The mood of DU3 to me--"Watch what you say, be careful"

jendf
12-07-2011, 08:01 PM
The DUmmies are getting a preview of the new software DU3. Some interesting changes about to take place.

Pre-selected jury members can decide whether or not to "hide" a thread that does not meet their strict standards.

A jury decided this thread should be hidden because the subject was "Meh" and the poster discussed what he didn't like about the new software. :D

DainBramaged

Message hidden by jury decision
A Jury voted 5-1 to hide this post on Wed Dec 7, 2011, 03:25 PM. Reason: This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate. (See Community Standards.) When the original post in a discussion thread is hidden by Jury decision, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/du3/10021828

The DUmmies express their dislike in this thread (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2442627).

quinnox Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Dec-07-11 04:10 PM
Original message
The mood of DU3 to me - "Watch what you say, be careful"

The more I look at DU3 preview and consider the new policies, the stronger the vibe I get of its designed to be a conformity community. With all powerful hosts, which if just one doesn't like your thread/post they can shut you down on a whim, and then the jury system, you better not say anything too controversial or unpopular because otherwise your thread/post will be censored.

Talk about a stifling atmosphere for discussion, where you are hesitant to post anything that isn't vanilla or empty and vacuous like "I love Democrats!" or "Who loves chocolate?" otherwise the hosts or community may come down on you like a ton of bricks.

I noticed a few people making this observation in other threads and totally agree with them. Its like in the brave new world of DU3, we welcome opinions as long as they aren't too far from the mainstream or for that matter from my own!

DainBramaged Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Dec-07-11 04:31 PM
Response to Original message
5. I typed "Meh" as a thread title in Soapbox and this was the response Updated at 6:45 PM

Edited on Wed Dec-07-11 04:37 PM by DainBramaged
Message hidden by jury decision
A Jury voted 5-1 to hide this post on Wed Dec 7, 2011, 04:25 PM. Reason: This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate. (See Community Standards.) When the original post in a discussion thread is hidden by Jury decision, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted. Show post

I can see where this if fucking going....a jury of 5 decided in a beta test I was disruptive.

Actually it was alerted on because it was deemed disruptive by someone out there without a sense of fucking humor.

They are going to eat each other alive when this goes live. Pass the popcorn. :D

rjas77
12-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Ya know...We here could have a lot of fun with this :D :D :D

*Crank up those moles people....Disrupt from within*

SarasotaRepub
12-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Ya know...We here could have a lot of fun with this :D :D :D

*Crank up those moles people....Disrupt from within*

You mean "already having"...;)

rjas77
12-07-2011, 08:58 PM
You mean "already having"...;)

You evil Sith Lord. My mole got outed a while ago and you have to be registered at the DUmp a year ago to be eligeble to post at Skynet DU :( :(

rjas77
12-07-2011, 09:10 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/du3/10021828

LOL..Everyone where their posts are visible has a pretty yellow star next to their name.

Herr $kimmer is making a fortune!

SarasotaRepub
12-07-2011, 09:15 PM
It's going to be interesting...:D

I'm not sure I like the new DU, I think they may have introduced too many new features and those idiots argue about anything and everything.

Novaheart
12-07-2011, 09:21 PM
It's going to be interesting...:D

I'm not sure I like the new DU, I think they may have introduced too many new features and those idiots argue about anything and everything.

I don't see what's new about it. When I was there, Violet Crumble, Eferrari, Bluebear, and a host of other eunuchs and mentally ill women were constantly threatening anyone who didn't toe the line of Berkeley doctrine.

SarasotaRepub
12-07-2011, 09:32 PM
I don't see what's new about it. When I was there, Violet Crumble, Eferrari, Bluebear, and a host of other eunuchs and mentally ill women were constantly threatening anyone who didn't toe the line of Berkeley doctrine.

Well you have a point...:D

Dan D. Doty
12-08-2011, 02:22 AM
YOU WILL LOVE BIG BROTHER

txradioguy
12-08-2011, 02:23 AM

But for most of the slow blinkers at DU it's taken this long to realize just what kind of forum they REALLY belong to.

Elspeth
12-08-2011, 02:41 AM
1. Skinner is getting too old, lazy, and tired to justify himself and his mods.

2. It's an election year. Dissidents are not welcome, especially from the far left.

Hence, DU3.

SarasotaRepub
12-08-2011, 08:53 AM
1. Skinner is getting too old, lazy, and tired to justify himself and his mods.

2. It's an election year. Dissidents are not welcome, especially from the far left.

Hence, DU3.

And in that vein...

lumberjack_jeff (1000+ posts) Wed Dec-07-11 08:56 PM
Response to Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2442627#2442627)
107. du3 is the infrastructure for the lord of the flies

You're free to speak provided everyone agrees with you.

Horse with no Brain (1000+ posts) Wed Dec-07-11 09:11 PM
Response to Reply #107 (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2442627#2444226)

116. In a nutshell, yes Message control.

Just think...during the last primaries, if anyone had been allowed to actually VET the candidate without being called racist...we might not be where we are now.

Now...not only will we not be able to ask the questions....but the doe eyed supporters won't even be forced to voice an answer.

YIKES...OUCH!!!! :D:D

DumbAss Tanker
12-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Be careful out there, moles. It'll take a while to figure out where all the new mole-traps lie. Since recs are no longer anonymous in DU3, expect a lot of Junior G-Men to be screening that for patterns and coming to ridiculous conclusions, with accusations and denouncements to follow.

Elspeth
12-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Horse with no Brain (1000+ posts) Wed Dec-07-11 09:11 PM
Response to Reply #107

116. In a nutshell, yes Message control.

Just think...during the last primaries, if anyone had been allowed to actually VET the candidate without being called racist...we might not be where we are now.

Now...not only will we not be able to ask the questions....but the doe eyed supporters won't even be forced to voice an answer.

She f*&%ing admits it!

So it took her 4 years to see what the rest of us saw during the 2008 primaries: anyone who questioned Oblahblah's lack of experience was called "racist."

If she stays on DU, she's a bigger fool than I already think she is.