PDA

View Full Version : Police Officer Killed, Shooter At Large At Va. Tech

NJCardFan
12-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Christ.

Police Officer Shot on Virginia Tech's Campus, Gunman Sought

BLACKSBURG, Va. DEVELOPING: A police officer was shot Thursday on Virginia Tech's campus, the university announced on its website.
A potential second victim has been reported at a campus parking lot.
The suspect, according to the posting, is described as a white male wearing gray sweatpants and a gray hat with a neon green brim. He was believed to traveling on foot near McComas Hall, a campus gym.
Messages seeking comment from school officials were not immediately returned.
"There is an active campus alert in Blacksburg," read a notice on the school's website. "Everyone should seek shelter or stay where you are. Blacksburg Transit service is suspended until the alert is lifted."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/08/shots-fired-at-virginia-techs-campus-gunman-sought/?test=latestnews#ixzz1fyAjJ4Kn

Molon Labe
12-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Good grief.

This is so sad.

And then again.....this couldn't have possibly happened because guns aren't allowed there.

Arroyo_Doble
12-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Good grief.

This is so sad.

And then again.....this couldn't have possibly happened because guns aren't allowed there.

The police aren't armed?

Molon Labe
12-08-2011, 03:18 PM
The police aren't armed?

Yeah all 6 of them patrolling the 20,000 students over 3000 acres. :rolleyes:

Virginia Tech is a gun free zone. lol

All the police will do to protect you is have a designer body bag waiting after an assault.

Read my sig.

Arroyo_Doble
12-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Yeah all 6 of them patrolling the 20,000 students over 3000 acres. :rolleyes:

Virginia Tech is a gun free zone. lol

All the police will do to protect you is have a designer body bag waiting after an assault.

Read my sig.

I understand the argument in the context of the massacre years back; this was a police officer that was shot. I assumed the officer was armed.

Molon Labe
12-08-2011, 03:26 PM
I understand the argument in the context of the massacre years back; this was a police officer that was shot. I assumed the officer was armed.

Yes...the University as do most universities has armed police officers. A student or another person yet unidentified was also shot.

It is unclear if that person was armed.

Live stream:

http://emergencystream.com/video_streams/VA/Roanoke1.html