PDA

View Full Version : Occupy Clear Channel - Take Back OUR Airwaves 12/12/11

SarasotaRepub
12-10-2011, 05:49 PM
:rolleyes: I'm sure CC is just all upset... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2457144)

Tsiyu (1000+ posts) Sat Dec-10-11 01:34 AM
Original message Occupy Clear Channel - Take Back OUR Airwaves 12/12/11

http://www.mediaactioncenter.net (http://www.mediaactioncenter.net/) /

OCCUPY CLEAR CHANNEL!

Join us Monday, December 12th for a national action to "Occupy" Clear Channel stations and demand our rights as owners of the radio airwaves.
Clear Channel stations across the country are abandoning progressive talk in favor of even more right-wing stations on our airwaves - in anticipation of an election year. We will let them know that eliminating progressive views and further promoting right wing pro-corporate views to the exclusion of any other thought is not acceptable on our public airwaves.
This will be in conjunction with a physical protest in Sacramento. We will meet at 1440 Ethan Way at Clear Channel's offices in Sacramento Monday morning at 10:30. Then we will go inside to inspect their public files.
And we are asking other people around the country to do inspections of Clear Channel stations on the same day. Can you help in this action to start reclaiming our public airwaves?
It's easy: Just visit your local Clear Channel station on Monday, during normal business hours. Politely tell them you are there to inspect their public files. Because we are the owners of the airwaves, they legally must let you in. If they do not , get their names and write down what they tell you, and let us know. (Details of our rights are at http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/audio/decdoc/public_and_br... (http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/audio/decdoc/public_and_broadcasting.html) . We suggest you print this and carry it with you in case the stations do not well understand our legal right to conduct such inspections. Refer to the section, "The Local Public Inspection File.")
Find out where your local Clear Channel station is here: http://www.clearchannel.com/Radio/StationSearch.aspx ? (You may need to cut and paste into your browser.)
They may ask you for your name and address, and may charge a reasonable amount for photocopying files. They also may observe you as you do your inspection. They may NOT ask you to identify your organization or reason for doing an inspection, and they cannot refuse to provide you with a copy of the file.
Once inside, we suggest you start by looking at the letters file. You will (should) find complaints there; see who is complaining and about what, and how the station is reacting to the community. Also, look through the political files; find out who is buying political ads and for how much money.
You will be amazed at what you find, and you'll find it enormously empowering. Take notes and tell us what you discover.
If you plan to join us, please reply to this email or post on our facebook page before Monday, and we will add your city to our publicity outreach. If we can have people in many cities inspect Clear Channel's files on the same day, we will send a powerful message to Corporate radio station owners that WE own the airwaves, and they must serve our interest - the public interest.

More annoying stunts that will change nothing. And these dipshits will probably go into CC offices with their moronic "Mic Check" thingy. I'd hose em down but that's just me. :D

Apache
12-10-2011, 06:26 PM
... our rights as owners of the radio airwaves.

Why yes, you are part owners of the airwaves... You're not total owners, nor do you own the equimpment to broadcast. You can whine all about your message not getting out there, however you'd be wrong. Your message is out there, nobody likes it...;)

Carol
12-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Liberal radio keeps getting shut down because they cannot make a go of it financially or in ratings........people just aren't interested in listening to liberal radio.......so their solution is to "occupy" conservative radio claiming it is "theirs".

And they wonder why they are a spectacle, gaining media time but not winning over the 99% they claim to represent.

JB
12-10-2011, 08:25 PM
If they want their liberal message on the radio just buy ad time when those programs are on. That's how it works. It's actually very simple.

However, since no one is buying ad time on these liberal programs, because no one is listening, it's bye-bye liberal programming.

Have these dum-dums no sense of anything?

newshutr
12-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Can't they just voice their message on Air Ameri.....ummmm.....

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

FDK
12-11-2011, 01:32 AM
Because we are the owners of the airwaves, they legally must let you in.

Can people really be THIS stupid?

(Never mind, it's the DUmp. I know the answer.)

Dan D. Doty
12-11-2011, 03:59 AM
Liberal radio keeps getting shut down because they cannot make a go of it financially or in ratings........people just aren't interested in listening to liberal radio.......so their solution is to "occupy" conservative radio claiming it is "theirs".

And they wonder why they are a spectacle, gaining media time but not winning over the 99% they claim to represent.

Pretty much the size of things.

Lets get this right.

* Moonbats are now against the First Amendment because they can't force everyone to listen to them, or force anyone not listen to programs they disagree with.

* Moonbats think they can just ignore the Fourth Amendent if they form a mob and demand people turn over their papers and files ( I guess they never heard of a warrant before :rolleyes:)

* Moonbats are under the delusion that they can't be ( and maybe will be ) charged with tresspassing if the people at these stations ask them to leave; the stations don't belong to the public.

Life sucks most of time for a Moonbat because the same behaivor they used to get whatever they wanted from Mommy & Daddy don't work so good out in the real world; having a temper tantrum doesn't impress a lot of folks ( except other Moonbats).

txradioguy
12-11-2011, 05:59 AM

Not a clue. And the sad thing si that this sense of entitlement and lack of knowledge on how people acquire things is being taught to them in school.

Tipsycatlover
12-11-2011, 10:01 AM
When commuists take over a country they usually shut down the media to everything but their owm propaganda.

Wei Wu Wei
12-11-2011, 02:20 PM
If they want their liberal message on the radio just buy ad time when those programs are on. That's how it works. It's actually very simple.

However, since no one is buying ad time on these liberal programs, because no one is listening, it's bye-bye liberal programming.

It's so simple. The interests and concerns of poor people could easily be heard if they just out-bid multi-national corporations for ad time. :rolleyes:

It's like the Soviet Regime, I don't understand what everyone was complaining about. If you wanted to go to a good school and get a good job, you just needed to become a Party insider. That's how it works, it's very simple. No tricks, it was very clear-cut. I can't imagine what everyone was upset about.

djones520
12-11-2011, 02:27 PM
It's so simple. The interests and concerns of poor people could easily be heard if they just out-bid multi-national corporations for ad time. :rolleyes:

It's like the Soviet Regime, I don't understand what everyone was complaining about. If you wanted to go to a good school and get a good job, you just needed to become a Party insider. That's how it works, it's very simple. No tricks, it was very clear-cut. I can't imagine what everyone was upset about.

Dude... are you serious? Your comparing a company making a profit to denying children school and work? :rolleyes:

Wei Wu Wei
12-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Not exactly. I'm saying the current media system is a buy-in system that is essentially exclusive in our economic environment.

You have to pay money in order to have your interests represented by the media. Considering the record-level inequality in this nation, it creates a very exclusive system where the only people who are able to have their message voiced by the media are those who hold large amounts of money.

Because you have the pay your way into the media, the people and entities that hold large sums of wealth will have more of a voice than those who hold little or no wealth. It's not even a matter of scale, it's not like poor people get 20 units of media time while wealthy corporations get 2 million units of media time. Instead, they are put on a level playing field, where they have to bid for the same ad space, meaning that the wealthy interests will always win and push out the interests of people without money.

This is why corporate media is always going to be one-sided and the suggestion that poor people should simply buy their way in is a total joke.

It's always easier to see systems of exclusion in other places, people seem unable to criticize their own institutions.

Tipsycatlover
12-11-2011, 02:53 PM
It's really about ratings and what people choose to pay attention to. It's almost like the hated word of the left, democracy.

The way the left can get their point across is to forcibly take over the media so that ONLY their views can be heard removing that choice from people.

Tipsycatlover
12-11-2011, 02:57 PM
I have often wondered why the left hates freedom so much. They keep saying they are for MORE freedom, but when the people use that freedom to reject the left, it's not such an ideal anymore is it?

Novaheart
12-11-2011, 04:11 PM
More annoying stunts that will change nothing. And these dipshits will probably go into CC offices with their moronic "Mic Check" thingy. I'd hose em down but that's just me. :D

Sorry, but even a broken clock and all that. Clear Channel is a cancer on radio.

Novaheart
12-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Your message is out there, nobody likes it...;)

Then you would need to explain the almost even split in the nation between the two major parties and the independents. Since you can't, then there must be some other factor in play to explain why conservative talk radio is more popular than liberal.

I'll tell you what it is if you like. Other than on DU, liberals don't like to be in an echo chamber. For some reason, conservatives can listen to the same old shit all day long from Rush, and Mark, and Todd, and Glenn.

How much of the conservative talk day is taken up by the thinking man's conservatives like Dennis Praeger and Michael Medved compared to the idiots like Hugh Hewitt Monica Crowley, and the ACLJ guy's son?

BTW, for sheer entertainment you should listen to those Libertarian boys who have a show on Sundays broadcast live from Keene New Hampshire or something.

Wei Wu Wei
12-11-2011, 04:26 PM
I'll tell you what it is if you like. Other than on DU, liberals don't like to be in an echo chamber. For some reason, conservatives can listen to the same old shit all day long from Rush, and Mark, and Todd, and Glenn.

i think there is something to this. I've known more than a few left-wingers who enjoy watching Fox, listening to right-wing radio like Rush or Hannity and posting on conservative boards.

I've never once in my life met a conservative who enjoys listening to Democracy Now! or Russia Today, and I live in Texas so I meet conservatives all the time.

SarasotaRepub
12-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Well for "Hate Radio" there is Mike Malloy. :D That bitter old fart is hilarious...

Tipsycatlover
12-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Then you would need to explain the almost even split in the nation between the two major parties and the independents. Since you can't, then there must be some other factor in play to explain why conservative talk radio is more popular than liberal.

How much of the conservative talk day is taken up by the thinking man's conservatives like Dennis Praeger and Michael Medved compared to the idiots like Hugh Hewitt Monica Crowley, and the ACLJ guy's son?

BTW, for sheer entertainment you should listen to those Libertarian boys who have a show on Sundays broadcast live from Keene New Hampshire or something.

Your real beef is with the audiences, the listeners, the public. There should be a way of making people listen to the hosts you choose. Maybe just taking the popular ones off the air will work.

JB
12-11-2011, 07:24 PM
It's so simple. The interests and concerns of poor people could easily be heard if they just out-bid multi-national corporations for ad time. :rolleyes:So all the liberals in the country are poor? There's no big companies that promote a liberal message/theme? Ben and Jerry's maybe? Liberal rags of any kind?

The point is, the reason these outlets fail is because no one is listening. If no one is listening, no one is going to buy airtime.

I'm not poor. I'm not rich. But I hear my interests and concerns being discussed on radio/television all the time. I wonder why that is???

Wei Wu Wei
12-11-2011, 08:41 PM
So all the liberals in the country are poor? There's no big companies that promote a liberal message/theme? Ben and Jerry's maybe? Liberal rags of any kind?

Well I'm talking about the message of working-class and poor people, not liberals.

There are plenty of companies that promote liberal messages and themes but the message of liberalism doesn't always represent the interests of struggling people.

The interests of struggling workers and the poor are not represented by big companies, conservative or liberal.

The point is, the reason these outlets fail is because no one is listening. If no one is listening, no one is going to buy airtime.

That's precisely why commercial media is a horrible outlet for news and information. It all comes down to ratings, so the content is geared to be the most entertaining and appeal to the lowest common denominator, instead of having depth or intellectual quality.

That's a fantastic format for American Idol or other forms of entertainment, but when it comes to the press, it falls apart.

I'm not poor. I'm not rich. But I hear my interests and concerns being discussed on radio/television all the time. I wonder why that is???

It's because you accept the views that are presented to you by commercial enterprises and you have not learned how to critically think for yourself.

Tipsycatlover
12-11-2011, 08:59 PM
How did Alec Baldwin get to be poor? Or Michael Moore? Liberals promote themselves as destitute, starving and homeless. Too poor to even listen to free radio shows.

Dan D. Doty
12-11-2011, 11:01 PM
That's precisely why commercial media is a horrible outlet for news and information. It all comes down to ratings, so the content is geared to be the most entertaining and appeal to the lowest common denominator, instead of having depth or intellectual quality. .

In other words, only the State can deliever the truth( in s very boring manner of course) :rolleyes:

Why is it that every goof Leftist who screams " you can't trust the government " wants the government to control everything :confused::confused::confused:

Novaheart
12-12-2011, 12:41 AM
i think there is something to this. I've known more than a few left-wingers who enjoy watching Fox, listening to right-wing radio like Rush or Hannity and posting on conservative boards.

I've never once in my life met a conservative who enjoys listening to Democracy Now! or Russia Today, and I live in Texas so I meet conservatives all the time.

I try listening to Democracy Now, but soon after old gravel voice starts gurgling about whatever is America's fault this week, I have to turn off the radio. I literally cannot stand to listen to her alcoholic voice (technically it's called "vocal fry" while others claim it's a legitimate dialect of the Pacific Northwest). It vibrates my ear funny. And the content of her lack of character makes me hope that someone takes a baseball bat to her, Naomi Kline, Ari Lewis, and the whole damned bunch. I can't stand listening to Mark Levin for much the same reason, only in reverse. His nasal girlish screech is unbearable.

I listen to Michael Medved and Dennis Praeger. While there are some folks on NPR or WMNF who are on the right side of some issues, they will then turn around and make some stupid remark about "broken immigration system" or global warminginging.

newshutr
12-12-2011, 06:20 AM
The beauty of the radio... It has a "tune" function.. So if you don't like the message, you hit it and it goes all static until you find something you agree with/like. There's the cure for cancer right there.

Seems even the libs used that tune function and tuned out their own propaganda.

Tipsycatlover
12-12-2011, 09:07 AM
The left isn't complaining that there isn't enough programming for it's causes. It's that there is an opposition at all. If they can shut dowm opposing views all that will be left are their own.

Common among propagandists. It's how the Russian Pravda became Pravda.

Dan D. Doty
12-12-2011, 01:43 PM
The left isn't complaining that there isn't enough programming for it's causes. It's that there is an opposition at all. If they can shut dowm opposing views all that will be left are their own.

Common among propagandists. It's how the Russian Pravda became Pravda.

Leftists try to seek ways to shut the other guys up, either by hassment on college campuses, storming book signings, or attacking radio stations.

A Leftist, for some stupid reason thinks by shutting other people up, they've proven that they are right on whatever issue theyare bitching about.

Apache
12-12-2011, 04:16 PM

Most people are not interested in talk radio, or has that escaped your notice? Most people listen to entertainment/ music broadcasts. Those who do like talk radio are by far conservative in nature, that's why Leftist radio won't catch on as well as conservative talk has.

I had the misfortune of listening to ERR America for half an hour while driving through northern New Mexico. The "parodies" they played weren't even funny, much less based in truth. The Left in this country might have a chance, but they're missing one thing... one critical element...

THE TRUTH...

Apache
12-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Well I'm talking about the message of working-class and poor people, not liberals.

There are plenty of companies that promote liberal messages and themes but the message of liberalism doesn't always represent the interests of struggling people.

The interests of struggling workers and the poor are not represented by big companies, ...

You know what? I AM working class AND POOR. Do you know that your asinine policies and theories about the way things "should be" have made it worse for me?

Leftist utopian dreams are bullshit! Life ain't fair! You adapt, endure and over-come life's obstacles. You don't cry until something is handed to you...

Novaheart
12-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Your real beef is with the audiences, the listeners, the public. There should be a way of making people listen to the hosts you choose. Maybe just taking the popular ones off the air will work.

For a decade now, I have been reading the rabble claim that the popularity of Rush Limbaugh is testament to all sorts of things from conservative representation in the population to the rightness or wrongness of the message. Numerous credible site debunking so much of what Rush claimed as fact did not deter you.

As a former bartender, I learned something about human nature. If you go into a bar full of strangers, and list everything you like, and only talk positive stuff, you will probably sit there with no one to talk to. You go into a bar with a handful of complaints and someone will buy you a drink.

Apache
12-12-2011, 06:26 PM
For a decade now, I have been reading the rabble claim that the popularity of Rush Limbaugh is testament to all sorts of things from conservative representation in the population to the rightness or wrongness of the message. Numerous credible site debunking so much of what Rush claimed as fact did not deter you.

Back it up. Show the proof...

JB
12-12-2011, 08:19 PM
It's because you accept the views that are presented to you by commercial enterprises and you have not learned how to critically think for yourself.If you're attempting to insult me you're going to have to do better than that.

But let's look at this statement. What you're saying is that if you listen to commercial enterprises you're succumbing to the lowest common denominator and you're nothing more than a hack.

If that's the case, why do liberals, the working class and/or the poor even give a shit that their message is not being heard? You just told us that if your message is delivered through commercial enterprises you're nothing more than a huge douche. Why would you then want your message delivered in that fashion?

Novaheart
12-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Back it up. Show the proof...

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1895

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/156584260X?ie=UTF8&tag=thewritershome&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=156584260X

On this page you will find an assortment of Rush Limbaugh quotes and links to stories about them, demonstrating the Master Of Idiocy's penchant for stating "facts" that he either fails to research or deliberately concocts, using odd and/or fallacious sources (like his own opiate-addled brain).

Check back often, as Rush's mouth shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon, and we will be adding to the collection regularly. Enjoy....

"What better way to head off more oil drilling, nuclear plans, than by blowing up a rig? I'm just noting the timing, here." Limbaugh suggesting that "environmentalist whackos" deliberately blew up the oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico to stop offshore oil drilling.

Read More Idiotic Limbaugh Quotes

According to Limbaugh, God sent the volcano in Iceland as punishment for the Obama Health Care Plan:

"You know, a couple of days after the health care bill had been signed into law Obama ran around all over the country saying, 'Hey, you know, Iím looking around. The earth hadnít opened up. Thereís no Armageddon out there. The birds are still chirping.' I think the earth has opened up. God may have replied. This volcano in Iceland has grounded more airplanes ó airspace has more affected ó than even after 9/11 because of this plume, because of this ash cloud over Northern and Western Europe. At the Paris airport theyíre telling people to head to the train station to catch trains out of France, and when people get to the train station theyíre telling people, 'There arenít any seats until at least April 22nd,' basically a week from now. Itís got everybody in a shutdown. Earth has opened up. I donít know whether itís a rebirth or Armageddon. Hopefully itís a rebirth, God speaking."

Hear The Actual Recording Of Limbaugh (speaking as God) Making This Statement

ďHave you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?Ē

Top Ten Limbaugh Racist Quotes

"If you [donate to the Hatian Relief Fund], youíll probably just end up on an Obama campaign mailing list Ė and a big chunk of your donation will get siphoned off by government bureaucrats."

Limbaugh On The Hatian Earthquake

The following book by Steve Rendall is a well-documented attack on the "outrageously false" statements of Environmental Enemy Number One. Each chapter begins with an amusing retelling of Limbaugh's lies about a specific topic, followed by examples of statements that contrast Limbaugh's take with the facts.

The Way Things Aren't: Rush Limbaugh's Reign of Error

A HISTORY OF LIMBAUGH LIES

Below you will find examples of lies, misstatements, and distortions from The Rush Limbaugh Show, with links to documentation of the statements on the highly respected website MediaMatters.com

Limbaugh lies about 9-11 Commission report

Limbaugh falsely claims"Nobody ever said there was" a connection between Iraq and the 9-11 attacks

Limbaugh misrepresents Duelfer report on Iraqi WMDs

Limbaugh lies about AIDS

Limbaugh overstates the minimum wage

Limbaugh makes false claims about the Democratic National Convention

Limbaugh distorts the Kyoto Protocol

Limbaugh falsely accuses Sen. Tom Harkin (D-IA)

Limbaugh claims Clintons are funding Swift Boat Veterans for Truth

Limbaugh lies to defend Swift Boat Vets

Limbaugh misstates Pew report on journalists

Limbaugh mischaracterizes the federal deficit

Limbaugh misstates federal education spending

Limbaugh lies about Bush's false uranium claim

Tipsycatlover
12-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Do you HONESTLY believe that Rush Limbaugh said all those things as FACT?

Although if you notice a composite of the ten most wanted really do end up looking like Jesse Jackson.

Apache
12-13-2011, 05:22 PM
From the first link...
Most of us here in the media are what I consider infotainers.... Rush Limbaugh is what I call a disinfotainer. He entertains by spreading disinformation.

--Al Franken at the White House Correspondents' Dinner (4/23/94)

I perused the page you provided. Funny thing I noticed, it has Limbaugh quotes, but no way to check them... Context is everything. Your first link provides none, so it's easy to see how you can point to that and say." told you so..."

Doesn't pass the smell test. You guys on the Left like to take snippets, bits, pieces out of context and twist them to suit your own needs... Your need to discredit him is intellectually dishonest at best, or as I like to say...LIES :cool:

Zathras
12-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Isn't it funny that Nova neglected to provide a link for each so called lie...typical.

Apache
12-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Isn't it funny that Nova neglected to provide a link for each so called lie...typical.

Funny? No. Typical? Mostly...

Nova and his Leftist worldview can't deal with the truth face to face. Because they know, deep down, it's wrong.

Left and Right want the same thing, a fair world. The difference is, the Right recognizes human nature and adjusts. The Left FORCES change, human nature be damned...

Dan D. Doty
12-14-2011, 01:51 AM
Has anyone stormed the radio stations yet?

marinejcksn
12-14-2011, 02:08 AM
Well I'm talking about the message of working-class and poor people

Wei, there are no such thing as poor people in America. Not in the real sense of poverty, like what exists in the 3rd World countries I've served in. Even the destitute homeless man in America is better off than individuals in extremely impoverished countries.

And as an economic system of so-called equality, explain for me which Socialist country ever eliminated poverty in the entire history of man.