PDA

View Full Version : On the Media...

SarasotaRepub
12-13-2011, 08:10 PM
I wonder how many drinks she's had already??? (http://www.democraticunderground.com/100213292) :D

nadinbrzezinski Tue Dec 13, 2011, 05:09 PM

Well OWS should have woken most of us as to how truly CONSERVATIVE the media is. Tea Party shows up with more porta potties than protesters, and even more media...they are there. In fact, it is a very positive coverage.

OWS is uggly and dirty and using the wrong tactics and have no support...never mind they have changed the conversation in radical ways. There is more, if these guys and gals were doing this in Arabic or Farsi they'd be heroes.

So if this does not break this in, pretty much nothing will.

But from now on, I do not watch MSM. That's not the right use of language. When I turn on msnbc for example, I am watching either conservative or elite media. Either is correct. MSM is their frame...no, it's not mainstream, it is conservative and concerned for elite values. In-fact, salaries for talking heads are also elite and conservative.

I invite you to start thinking about these issues beyond the surface, oh and I include NPR in this.

For Nadine, OWS has become the new shiney thing in the room and she has thrown herself at it and is going for broke. People at DU have been trying to talk her down but it's way too late for that...:D

Dan D. Doty
12-13-2011, 10:42 PM
First of all, the Tea Party held rallies, not the protest that didn't want to go home.
Second, they didn't get in people's faces.
Third, they didn't force citiies to spend millions to babysit them because they wouldn't go home.
Fourth, no one got raped , murdered, or robbed at their rallies.
Fourth, they didn't scream at little kidsuntil the kids cried ( these guys like to kids and old people a lot).
And Fifth, they didn't think this was 1969.

NJCardFan
12-13-2011, 11:52 PM
I always get a chuckle when they accuse the MSM as being conservative. This ought to tell you how far to the left these loons are.

patriot45
12-14-2011, 12:49 AM
OWS is uggly and dirty and using the wrong tactics and have no support

Too Funny!

And Dan D Doty, you had too # 4's!:D

FDK
12-14-2011, 03:23 AM
Occupy Wall Street: Attention whoring at it's finest.

txradioguy
12-14-2011, 05:06 AM
I always get a chuckle when they accuse the MSM as being conservative. This ought to tell you how far to the left these loons are.

They believe...because they've told me...that CNN is Centrist and that NPR is "center left" and the rest fall somewhere in between.

Adam Wood
12-14-2011, 01:42 PM
When I turn on msnbc for example, I am watching either conservative or elite media. Either is correct. MSM is their frame...no, it's not mainstream, it is conservative and concerned for elite values. In-fact, salaries for talking heads are also elite and conservative.Holy shit. Talk about being off the reservation!

Yeah, Nadine, when you tune in to Rachel Maddow spewing her lies, that's actually the conservative elite.

Fuckin' moron.

Articulate_Ape
12-14-2011, 03:52 PM
First of all, the Tea Party held rallies, not the protest that didn't want to go home.
Second, they didn't get in people's faces.
Third, they didn't force citiies to spend millions to babysit them because they wouldn't go home.
Fourth, no one got raped , murdered, or robbed at their rallies.
Fourth, they didn't scream at little kidsuntil the kids cried ( these guys like to kids and old people a lot).
And Fifth, they didn't think this was 1969.

Sixth, they didn't leave a godawful mess behind.

Dan D. Doty
12-14-2011, 05:08 PM

Sorry, forgot that one.

Seventh, no one at a Tea Party rally took a sh*t in/on someone business, front yard, car hood.

And lastly, no one was at the Tea Party rallies was under the delusion that taking a sh*t on someone's property, getting stoned out of their mind, getting in people's faces, talking your fellow Moonbats into not reporting crimes against them, screaming at kids until they cried, doing a never-ending drum circle, raising taxes sky high, or regulating the nation to death was going to create even one job.

This whole thing was about a bunch of Attention Whores, Drama Queens, Anti-American, Anti-Capitalism, Anti- Free Speech assholes creating empty gestures that were made to make the sorry lot of them feel good and not do a damn thing in the real world ( which they don't like any way).

SarasotaRepub
12-14-2011, 07:13 PM

People like Nadin on DU totally ignore the drug use, the filth, the scum that #OWS has become. People like her have blinders on, they just see some "Liberal Message".

And hate, plenty of hate and jealously of things they will never attain.

Wei Wu Wei
12-14-2011, 07:21 PM
They believe...because they've told me...that CNN is Centrist and that NPR is "center left" and the rest fall somewhere in between.

I'm curious about your own scale here?

Is ABC/NBC left-wing?

What does that make CNN? Far-left?

What then, does that make BBC?

What then, does that make MSNBC?

What then, does that make Al Jazeera?

What then, does that make Democracy Now?

What then, does that make Russia Today?

Articulate_Ape
12-14-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm curious about your own scale here?

If I may...

Is ABC/NBC left-wing? Absolutely.

What does that make CNN? Far-left? Not FAR left, but demonstrably left-leaning.

What then, does that make BBC? More balanced in general than US MSM, but riddled with leftist agenda-driven coverage (again demonstrable)

What then, does that make MSNBC? Please. It is essentially an arm of Jay Carney's press department.

What then, does that make Al Jazeera? Hello? A thinly-veiled (pardon the pun) mouthpiece for the Islamist's global agenda.

What then, does that make Democracy Now? Commies pretending not to be commies.

What then, does that make Russia Today? Commies pretending not to be commies.

If you think otherwise, I have a time-share in Siberia you would love to get your hands on. It's dirt cheap. Honest.

NJCardFan
12-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Don't bother with wee wee. He agrees with the DU OP that the media in the US is nothing but a propaganda arm for corporate America.

Articulate_Ape
12-15-2011, 01:47 AM
Think of it as my No Child Left Behind policy.

Dan D. Doty
12-15-2011, 01:50 AM
Don't bother with wee wee. He agrees with the DU OP that the media in the US is nothing but a propaganda arm for corporate America.

Which pretty much means he doesn't mind if media is instead the proaganda arm of The State :rolleyes:

txradioguy
12-15-2011, 03:04 AM

Yup and he will completely ignore myself and a couple of others that have worked or are currently working in the media when we talk about the leftist bias in practically all the media outlets.