PDA

View Full Version : Need some help. My household is short on food money - we have an idea but need info.

SarasotaRepub
12-14-2011, 06:56 PM
This, if true, is really pathetic... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/100217875)

jwirr (17,956 posts) Wed Dec 14, 2011, 05:39 PM

Need some help. (Yes, you do...) My household is short on food money - we have an idea but need info. I know

that some of you watch shows on the internet. We are going to get rid of our Direct TV etc. if I can find a way to watch the following shows on internet. Do you all have the places I need to go to see them on the internet?

Countdown with Keith Olberman

TYT with Cenk

Rachel Maddow

Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell

Ed Schultz

That is all I watch and I am paying $70+ for it on Direct TV. That is a lot of food for the family.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

I can't believe anyone would admit to such a pathetic life. :rolleyes::D

JB
12-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Maybe your problem is that you watch 5 or 6 hours of television a day.

Buy a book. Learn a new skill or a new language. Volunteer, work part time. Stop wasting your time in front of the TV.

Arroyo_Doble
12-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Maybe your problem is that you watch 5 or 6 hours of television a day.

Buy a book. Learn a new skill or a new language. Volunteer, work part time. Stop wasting your time in front of the TV.

TV is for closers.

Articulate_Ape
12-14-2011, 07:13 PM
TV is for closers.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Adam Wood
12-15-2011, 11:14 AM
"We're just ten dollars away from getting rid of our satellite television so that we can afford to eat!"

linda22003
12-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Best Answer on the Thread:
"I have never had cable and somehow miraculously have managed to survive all these years."

Worst Answer on the Thread:
" Be sure to let food pantries help you. Counting the heads of those who are food insecure is a way of standing up for everyone else who is having trouble in this economy. If you qualify for help, ask for it."

DumbAss Tanker
12-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Man, if that's what you're watching, just subscribe to Mother Jones, and/or strip the end of an extension cord, plug it in, and stick one wire in each ear.

:rolleyes:

Bailey
12-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Best Answer on the Thread:
"I have never had cable and somehow miraculously have managed to survive all these years."

Worst Answer on the Thread:
" Be sure to let food pantries help you. Counting the heads of those who are food insecure is a way of standing up for everyone else who is having trouble in this economy. If you qualify for help, ask for it."

My Dad is like the Best answer you have given in reguards to Computers, he's lived 69 years and hasnt had the urge to get one. lol