PDA

View Full Version : Congressman on hunger strike to show solidarity with Occupy

SarasotaRepub
12-16-2011, 07:14 PM
By:Aubrey Whelan | 12/16/11 11:16 AM

Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., embarked on a 24-hour hunger strike in solidarity with four Occupy DC protesters who have gone without food since Dec. 8 (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/blogs/capital-land/2011/12/three-occupy-dc-protesters-begin-hunger-strike-district-voting-rights/198) to advocate for D.C. voting rights.

Ellison, the first Muslim to serve in the House, met with the hunger strikers Thursday and pledged to read their declaration which calls for full voting rights for District residents as well as legislative and budget autonomy on the floor of the House of Representatives to enter it into the congressional record.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/capital-land/2011/12/congressman-embarks-hunger-strike-solidarity-occupy-vote-dc/2008241#ixzz1gk5A6KS1

:rolleyes:

SPYDER
12-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Wait a few more days and he will be wanting some pork chops!:D

NJCardFan
12-16-2011, 11:33 PM
which calls for full voting rights for District residents
Meaning that everyone who will no doubt vote Democrat like illegal aliens & convicts.

Apache
12-16-2011, 11:40 PM
What? He missed Ramadan????

Piker! Put it down where andwhen it counts!!!

OSW Supporters are fugding worthless when it comes to themselves....

txradioguy
12-17-2011, 04:26 AM
24 hours huh? Glad to see he's making such a sacrifice. :rolleyes:

Tipsycatlover
12-17-2011, 09:32 AM
All it would take to end these hunger strikes is to simply not care. So what if they want to starve themselves. Take the food and feed the hungry.

Molon Labe
12-17-2011, 10:35 AM

Many of us have had medical exam fasts that lasted as long.

Teetop
12-17-2011, 11:03 AM
P.O.S. probably gained weight too...

DumbAss Tanker
12-17-2011, 03:06 PM
24 hours, hah? BFD.

Adam Wood
12-19-2011, 05:43 PM
People shouldn't be so hasty to judge this 24-hour hunger strike.

After all, how do we know it's not 24 business hours? He could be hungry for quite some time....

JB
12-19-2011, 06:58 PM
After all, how do we know it's not 24 business hours? He could be hungry for quite some time....Excellent. :D

It didn't even dawn on me until you mentioned it. I'm slipping.

Starbuck
12-20-2011, 12:06 AM
Or it could be a so called 24 hours. Like the so called War On Terror, as it is referred to by those who feel they know it is damn well not a War on Terror and so must be something - anything - else; they never specify, though.:)

djones520
12-20-2011, 01:39 AM
Or it could be a so called 24 hours. Like the so called War On Terror, as it is referred to by those who feel they know it is damn well not a War on Terror and so must be something - anything - else; they never specify, though.:)

Whenever I challenge someone on that issue, tell them about how I've been deployed, I've taken part in the fight against these Terrorists, just where the fuck they get off calling them "so-called", and i've never gotten a single answer. Closest I've gotten is a "whatever" followed by a hasty retreat from the conversation. :rolleyes:

Starbuck
12-20-2011, 11:22 AM
Whenever I challenge someone on that issue, tell them about how I've been deployed, I've taken part in the fight against these Terrorists, just where the fuck they get off calling them "so-called", and i've never gotten a single answer. Closest I've gotten is a "whatever" followed by a hasty retreat from the conversation. :rolleyes:

Yeah. Wei does that. He's never explained himself. Neither have the other so called Americans.

Truthfully, I have never found where the so called congressman in question has referred to it as the so called War on Terror. :)

txradioguy
12-20-2011, 02:03 PM

They get away with it because...as Reutuer's explained...when answering why they put the term "terrorists" in scare quotes...One mans terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

That is also what the Liberals in this country...board members included when it comes to terrorists.

RobJohnson
12-21-2011, 03:43 AM
They get away with it because...as Reutuer's explained...when answering why they put the term "terrorists" in scare quotes...One mans terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

That is also what the Liberals in this country...board members included when it comes to terrorists.

In this country most terrorists are also know as union leaders....:D

Odysseus
12-22-2011, 06:07 PM
People shouldn't be so hasty to judge this 24-hour hunger strike.

After all, how do we know it's not 24 business hours? He could be hungry for quite some time....
He's a congressman. What would he know about business hours?

You've got to learn to define your victory conditions. My favorite sentence in the English language used to be, "You obviously know a lot about this, but I know that you're wrong." It meant that I'd won the argument, but that the liberal would never admit it. Getting a "whatever" and a hasty retreat means that the lib in question has run out of talking points and cannot come up with anything to refute your argument. It's a surrender in everything but name, and the closest that you'll get to them admitting that they are ignorant or wrong. Savor that, and let them know that you know exactly what it means.

Janice
12-22-2011, 10:30 PM

Hehehe .... what a hoot.

Adam Wood
12-23-2011, 09:47 AM
He's a congressman. What would he know about business hours? Probably about as much as Will Pitt and Jason Leopold know about federal indictments. :D