PDA

View Full Version : White House Signals Pipeline Provision Not a Deal-Breaker in Payroll Tax Cut Debate

SarasotaRepub
12-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Published December 16, 2011| FoxNews.com

Senate leaders reached a tentative agreement Friday night on legislation to extend Social Security payroll tax cuts and jobless benefits for two months while requiring President Barack Obama to accept Republican demands for a swift decision on the fate of an oil pipeline that promises thousands of jobs.

A vote is expected to be held as early as Saturday on the measure.
Any deal would also require House passage before it could reach Obama's desk.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/16/white-house-signals-pipeline-dispute-might-not-hold-up-tax-cut-deal/#ixzz1gkhe9En3

Bailey
12-16-2011, 10:09 PM
SSHHHHHHHH

If you listen closely you can hear liberal heads explode from the DUmp. :D

I wish I didn't enjoy their pain and disappointment so much :)

SarasotaRepub
12-16-2011, 10:29 PM
SSHHHHHHHH

If you listen closely you can hear liberal heads explode from the DUmp. :D

I wish I didn't enjoy their pain and disappointment so much :)

They are a tad upset...:D

Bailey
12-16-2011, 10:32 PM
They are a tad upset...:D

They are already spinning it that the magic negro can nix the deal after he signs the bill. lol Grasping at straws they are. /yoda off :D

txradioguy
12-17-2011, 04:01 AM
Maybe someone at the WH got Obama to finally realize that if you're going to run around claiming to be a "job creating" President...it's not a good idea to kill off a plan that would create 20,000 jobs.

Bailey
12-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Maybe someone at the WH got Obama to finally realize that if you're going to run around claiming to be a "job creating" President...it's not a good idea to kill off a plan that would create 20,000 jobs.

The only jobs the DUmmies care about are "green" jobs, whatever the hell they are. I guess they think its alright for China to get that oil then us.

Chuck58
12-17-2011, 03:30 PM
It's all nonsense.

The Dims want the pipeline. They want someone to blame. It's all BS leading toward demonizing the Republicans for the passage of the pipeline bill. Then, The One can tell the tree huggers that 'they made us do it.'

Wei Wu Wei
12-17-2011, 07:21 PM
It's all nonsense.

The Dims want the pipeline. They want someone to blame. It's all BS leading toward demonizing the Republicans for the passage of the pipeline bill. Then, The One can tell the tree huggers that 'they made us do it.'

This sounds accurate.

Also, I bet even if Obama supports and signs this law, that in very short time right-wingers are going to keep pushing the narratives that Obama is a job-killing eco-nut and people are going to eat it all up without thinking twice.

Rockntractor
12-17-2011, 07:25 PM
This sounds accurate.

Also, I bet even if Obama supports and signs this law, that in very short time right-wingers are going to keep pushing the narratives that Obama is a job-killing eco-nut and people are going to eat it all up without thinking twice.

Tokyo Rose!:rolleyes:

fettpett
12-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Only reason he wants this and isn't trumpeting the downward trend in unemployment is because they want the unemployment extension passed.

txradioguy
12-18-2011, 01:19 PM
It's all nonsense.

I think hes enjoying playing both sides of this to see which lobby...the Enviro Weenies or the Oil Companies donate the most $$$ to his campaign trying to influence him.

IMHO...hell take cash from both...then screw over the oil companies in the end and try to kill the pipeline.

(singing) Go on take the money and run...

Zeus
12-18-2011, 05:41 PM
I think hes enjoying playing both sides of this to see which lobby...the Enviro Weenies or the Oil Companies donate the most $$$ to his campaign trying to influence him.

IMHO...hell take cash from both...then screw over the oil companies in the end and try to kill the pipeline.

(singing) Go on take the money and run...

I disagee. The potential for a very positive economic impact is to great. The enviroweenies will loose out on this one.

txradioguy
12-19-2011, 06:17 AM
I disagee. The potential for a very positive economic impact is to great. The enviroweenies will loose out on this one.

Nah I think he'll cave to the Green Fascists...he's said too many times that under his presidency fossil fuel...if people still chose to use it would be very expensive.

If he was going to cater to big oil and truly cared about creating jobs and lessening our dependency on foreign sources of oil he'd quit blocking permits to drill in the Gulf.