PDA

View Full Version : Obama Compares Himself To Biblical Heroes

Janice
12-17-2011, 01:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6G73H.jpg

Scintillating Chutzpah: Obama at Reform Judaism's Confab (http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/12/scintillating_chutzpah_obama_at_reform_judaisms_co nfab.html)

President Obama Friday went before the General Assembly for Reform Judaism's annual conference -- probably the biggest annual meeting of American Jews in the nation's capital -- to pledge his undying support of Israel. Speaking (text) to a liberal audience, he dwelled in great detail on Jewish support for his agenda and for progressive causes dating back to FDR -- from Social Security to the Civil Rights Act to the Voting Rights Act and to Obama's own domestic priorities.

But he really pumped up his oratory when he pledged that his commitment to Israel is "unshakable." >>>

And topping his pro-Israel credentials, he added: "We are determined to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons; we will take no options off the table."

Not surprisingly, his remarks drew repeated applause. Obama knows that the 78 percent support of American Jews in 2008 has been slipping and that his policies toward Israel haven't been uniformly positive. So there was a clear tinge of damage control in his speech.

But let me inject a couple of other observations in order to strike a bit of balance in assessing Obama's pro-Israel speech.

First, while pledging total fealty to Israel's security needs, Obama - as he often does - proceeded to burnish his own image more than anyone else's. It always comes down to Obama.

In a display of scintillating chutzpah, after bidding everybody "Shabbat Shalom," Obama linked himself to the biblical Joseph -- the chief character in this week's Torah portion. When Joseph finally declared his identity and embraced the brothers who had sold him into slavery in Egypt and then became reunited with his father Jacob, Obama pointed out, Joseph stepped forward and said one word, "Hineni" - " Here I am."

And, with his own spin on this week's biblical liturgy, Obama went on to note that "Hineni" was also the response of Abraham to God in the binding of Isaac, and of Moses when summoned by God from the burning bush. >>>

Quite an oratorical feat to put oneself in the same company as Joseph, Abraham and Moses. But Obama never opts for a bit of humility.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did he offer them a shower and delousing afterwards?

:popcorn:

DumbAss Tanker
12-17-2011, 03:09 PM
The biggest part of lying successfully is telling it to people who already want to believe it.

Rockntractor
12-17-2011, 04:23 PM
He needs to try being Daniel and trot around in a furnace, if he exits unscorched I'll vote for him!:)

Chuck58
12-17-2011, 06:25 PM
He needs to try being Daniel and trot around in a furnace, if he exits unscorched I'll vote for him!:)

Oh come on.....Didn't he descend from Olympus amid Grecian columns to save mankind? Isn't he The One? Surely, all those who voted for him couldn't have been deceived.

God help us all if that ... umm ... person is re-elected, because He's the only one who could. Imagine 4 more years, with no accountability because he can't run a third time. It would be rule by Executive Order and this country will be gone.

txradioguy
12-18-2011, 05:20 AM
His ego and self inflated sense of worth truly knows no bounds.

Janice
12-18-2011, 08:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxvSjDkF7HE&

Marvel not at how this sow looks down on us with its snout proudly in the air.

AmPat
12-18-2011, 10:37 AM
What a Pompous @$$ed POC!
For the sake of what used to be the greatest country on earth, we have to send this filthy Marxist to the dump heap of history.

Chuck58
12-18-2011, 09:42 PM
I just can't watch it. I cannot stand the SOB. I cannot stand his nose in the air or listening to that clipped style of speaking he has.

I used to hate Clinton. But damn at least Clinton gave the impression that, under other circumstances, he'd be the kind of guy you could sit on the tailgate of a PU, with a beer, and BS with. This character is somebody I don't want to see, hear or be within miles of.

Wei Wu Wei
12-18-2011, 11:19 PM
lol

AmPat
12-19-2011, 11:19 AM
I just can't watch it. I cannot stand the SOB. I cannot stand his nose in the air or listening to that clipped style of speaking he has.

I used to hate Clinton. But damn at least Clinton gave the impression that, under other circumstances, he'd be the kind of guy you could sit on the tailgate of a PU, with a beer, and BS with. This character is somebody I don't want to see, hear or be within miles of.

Me too. His clipped style and his annoying Essessessessessess that whistle out of his sewer just grate on my nerves. I thought Bush was hard to listen to but this guy tops the list of cartoons I won't watch.

CueSi
12-21-2011, 01:58 AM
<reads story>

What.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnuadWk9iOhEbndqD6ca0EsEdtir0Iu 5m0puwnMboLJPP2AfKXPcLHqWSUmQ

~QC

txradioguy
12-21-2011, 05:10 AM
Careful folks...we can't criticize the Obama's in front of CueSi...she'll think the only reason we are is because they are black. :rolleyes:

Bailey
12-21-2011, 08:17 AM
Careful folks...we can't criticize the Obama's in front of CueSi...she'll think the only reason we are is because they are black. :rolleyes:

I hate his white half just as much as his black half. :D

AmPat
12-21-2011, 10:16 AM

I doubt it. S she is more intelligent than that and not so shallow. Nobody here has a problem showing disdain for liberals and Marxists of any color. We have a equal opportunity disgust for them and she is no different.

txradioguy
12-21-2011, 01:34 PM
I doubt it. S she is more intelligent than that and not so shallow. Nobody here has a problem showing disdain for liberals and Marxists of any color. We have a equal opportunity disgust for them and she is no different.

I would believe that except for the fact that on a thread about the Obama Hawaii vacation she flat out said we despise Michelle because she's black.

Molon Labe
12-21-2011, 02:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxvSjDkF7HE&

Marvel not at how this sow looks down on us with its snout proudly in the air.

Gott im Himmell.....:rolleyes:

textbook narcicist

txradioguy
12-21-2011, 02:21 PM

textbook narcicist

Kinda of makes it a little more clear why they removed Narcissistic personality disorder from the D.S.M.

Arroyo_Doble
12-21-2011, 02:22 PM

textbook narcicist

Your bullshit detector needs a little work.

Molon Labe
12-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Your bullshit detector needs a little work.

lol....
I'm willing to entertain why you think I need some work.

I'm of the opinion that most people who attain positions of power probably have many of those traits.

Especially when it comes to someone like this trying to sell me that he's a success when we are surrounded by more FAIL than I've experienced in my lifetime.

Arroyo_Doble
12-21-2011, 02:50 PM
lol....
I'm willing to entertain why you think I need some work.

Just a tweak. I am sure you are aware his words are being filtered. He did not say he was the fourth best president. If that was the case, I believe the bigger thing to be "outraged" by is that he puts LBJ in the top three and doesn't even mention Polk. :cool:

I'm of the opinion that most people who attain positions of power probably have many of those traits.

Especially when it comes to someone like this trying to sell me that he's a success when we are surrounded by more FAIL than I've experienced in my lifetime.

He is just defending his administration (and even with that, admits to falling short a paragraph or two later). I wouldn't expect him to come out and say, "I sure am the suxxor." He is just doing that thing people do.

Janice
12-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Part of the transcript I read:

I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president — with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln — just in terms of what we’ve gotten done in modern history.

Excuse me ... "with the possible (maybe yes, maybe no) exceptions ..."? So according to that logic in essence he believes he MAY be the GREATEST President EVER. He MAY be number 1, not number 4 or whatever.

I guess Ive always had a bit of a problem w/folks who seem to be a bit too enamored with themselves whether they be Rush Limbaugh or whatever/whoever. I mean some folk seem to have an amazing ability to "kiss their own posteriors", but this guy really has some serious issues.

I guess Im a bit old school as I hate to encourage folks like that. Praise and adulation and such should come from other quarters about you. Not from you, about yourself. That is, if you have an ounce of class, dignity and maybe a dash of understanding about humanity and history. And your not insecure about yourself.

CueSi
12-21-2011, 08:40 PM
I would believe that except for the fact that on a thread about the Obama Hawaii vacation she flat out said we despise Michelle because she's black.

Did I actually say that? Show me.

But let me make something clear.

Criticism about her appearance cut VERY close to home for me, and make me feel very uncomfortble, like that those same comnents about how she looks could very well be said about me. If that isn't clear enough, I don't know what is. You guys hit below the belt in that department alot. And as a black woman, knowing I look more like her than you, it just makes me wonder how you really see black people.

~QC

Rockntractor
12-21-2011, 08:43 PM

But let me make something clear.

Criticism about her appearance cut VERY close to home for me, and make me feel very uncomfortble, like that those same comnents about how she looks could very well be said about me. If that isn't clear enough, I don't know what is. You guys hit below the belt in that department alot. And as a black woman, knowing I look more like her than you, it just makes me wonder how you really see black people.

~QC

I have the same opinion of Hillary, I wish race didn't have to come up in everything but apparently it does.

CueSi
12-21-2011, 08:55 PM
I have the same opinion of Hillary, I wish race didn't have to come up in everything but apparently it does.

Politics should be politics. Talking trash about someone's appearance cheapens the conversation.

~QC

Rockntractor
12-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Politics should be politics. Talking trash about someone's appearance cheapens the conversation.

~QC

So now you feel you should control the conversation for everyone else?

CueSi
12-21-2011, 09:08 PM
So now you feel you should control the conversation for everyone else?

Please clean off your words before you pull them out your ass and stuff them in my mouth. I didn't know letting someone know I felt uncomfortable was controlling the conversation.

Because it seems that's what you're trying to do in the opposite direction, based on past actions.

And unlike me, you have more than words at your disposal, so if anyone actually can, it's you, isn't it?

~QC

Rockntractor
12-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Please clean off your words before you pull them out your ass and stuff them in my mouth. I didn't know letting someone know I felt uncomfortable was controlling the conversation.

Because it seems that's what you're trying to do in the opposite direction, based on past actions.

And unlike me, you have more than words at your disposal, so if anyone actually can, it's you, isn't it?

~QC

I'm not playing your race game, have a nice life.

CueSi
12-21-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm not playing your race game, have a nice life.

I didn't even mention race in that post. Where did I mention race in that post?

~QC

txradioguy
12-22-2011, 04:40 AM

Ok...you should know better by now but here goes

Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
She's not fat. What the crap?

Lanie, she's a liberal and black. You have to ask?

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=470119&postcount=17

You words...your stupid comment.

She's black and a liberal...if we criticize her...according to you...is MUST be because of skin color.

Libtard idiot. Think twice next time before you accuse me of lying about what you say.

txradioguy
12-22-2011, 04:43 AM
I didn't even mention race in that post. Where did I mention race in that post?

~QC

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=470119&postcount=17

DumbAss Tanker
12-22-2011, 10:36 AM

~QC

You make a valid point, but most of the snark about Michelle's appearance is simply a natural reaction to the fawning, over-the-top press orgasms about how fabulous she looks. She just doesn't look exceptional at all, good or bad, and the press paroxysms over the way she dresses are equally over the top and so draw the same reaction, in fact some of her clothing choices are pretty horrifying.

A certain reputation for using race to forcefully blackmail her way ahead professionally as a young attorney, and her unlovable food-Nazi public persona, don't help, either. I'm sure she loves her kids and is devoted to her husband, but that's not the part of her that is thrust in front of our attention constantly.

wineslob
12-22-2011, 11:48 AM
I ws gonna say she was more akin to a hot, steaming, plie of dog shit, but I won't.

Janice
12-22-2011, 08:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8cNtH1mULo

Behold Your God, O Israel!