Molon Labe
12-21-2011, 04:07 PM
88 frakin' rounds of golf

http://obamagolfcounter.com/

txradioguy
12-21-2011, 04:52 PM

I'm sure Bridget has something from factchecker.org to dispel this "myth" too.:D

Odysseus
12-21-2011, 05:43 PM
That works out to one outing every other week, not to mention all of his other vacations and off-days. That's not a lot if you're Tiger Woods, but if you're the leader of the free world, and your country is involved in two major wars, two covert wars, a recession and a debt crisis, maybe that's a bit too much leisure time. OTOH, given his job performance, perhaps we should be grateful that he isn't focused on being at the office more.

Arroyo_Doble
12-21-2011, 05:47 PM

That is funny.

BTW, I bet he knows Belvoir's and Andrews' courses pretty well by now.

AmPat
12-22-2011, 02:26 AM
That is funny.

BTW, I bet he knows Belvoir's and Andrews' courses pretty well by now.

I bet he sucks just as much as ever.:cool:

Odysseus
12-22-2011, 09:24 AM
I bet he sucks just as much as ever.:cool:

I'm sure that he does. And he plays a lousy game of golf, too. :D

AmPat
12-23-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm sure that he does. And he plays a lousy game of golf, too. :D

Ewww! That left a mark, but surely you jest?.:p

linda22003
12-23-2011, 11:34 AM
I googled how often Eisenhower played golf while in office, and found that he averaged twice a week. That's over a hundred times per year. 88 times in a little less than three years is amateurish by comparison.

AmPat
12-23-2011, 12:26 PM
I googled how often Eisenhower played golf while in office, and found that he averaged twice a week. That's over a hundred times per year. 88 times in a little less than three years is amateurish by comparison.

What was the State of the Union for Eisenhower? I bet he wasn't presiding over a failed-stagnant economy and two major wars. I'm thinking he wasn't attempting to bankrupt the country while acting the concerned C-In-C either.

BadCat
12-23-2011, 12:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9m3GyDh6M8

A HORRID swing...his pager goes farther than the ball.

Tecate
12-23-2011, 12:36 PM
His backswing isn't horrendous, but everything falls completely apart the moment he begins his downswing. Of course, the downswing is pretty much EVERYTHING in golf.

linda22003
12-23-2011, 12:49 PM
What was the State of the Union for Eisenhower? I bet he wasn't presiding over a failed-stagnant economy and two major wars.

Very true. He only had to deal with Korea, the Cold War, civil rights and school desegregation, Sputnik and the implied threat of Soviet technological advancement, the US coup in Iran, a deep (if brief) recession in 1958, brinksmanship with China, the Suez crisis, the revolution in Hungary, Crohn's disease, a mild stroke, and a serious heart attack.

You're right, the fifties were a MUCH simpler time. :cool:

AmPat
12-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Very true. He only had to deal with Korea, the Cold War, civil rights and school desegregation, Sputnik and the implied threat of Soviet technological advancement, the US coup in Iran, a deep (if brief) recession in 1958, brinksmanship with China, the Suez crisis, the revolution in Hungary, Crohn's disease, a mild stroke, and a serious heart attack.

You're right, the fifties were a MUCH simpler time. :cool:
Cold war-Static and ultimately won.
Korea-static since 1953 and ultimately won if economies and threat are considered.
Iran-Became an ally until the Malaise president was elected.
Recession-Allowed the economy to recover and recovered quickly.
China-Still there along with the USA as far as I can tell.
Suez-Under control still in spite of the Malaise II presidency of O Blah Blah.
Hungary-We were never threatened but now a democracy.
Disease?- I guess it doesn't exist in the O Blah Blah world???
You proved my ultimate point: Eisenhower was competent and O Blah Blah is an incompetent idiot. Thanks!;)

linda22003
12-23-2011, 02:13 PM
You proved my ultimate point: Eisenhower was competent and O Blah Blah is an incompetent idiot. Thanks!;)

And my ultimate point is that some behavior is fine if you approve of the person, and the exact same behavior is not fine if you don't approve of the person. I try to be consistent. I agree that I haven't liked the way Obama is doing the job, but I don't think his playing golf is the reason.