PDA

View Full Version : Holder Cites Race in Explaining Scrutiny of Justice Department

txradioguy
12-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Eric Holder is once again under fire from Republicans -- this time for pulling the race card to dismiss critics of his tenure as attorney general.

The attorney general cited race in explaining why a "more extreme segment" of his critics were going after him. "This is a way to get at the president because of the way I can be identified with him, both due to the nature of our relationship and, you know, the fact that we're both African-American," Holder said in an interview with The New York Times.

Holder has faced more congressional scrutiny than any member of President Obama's Cabinet. Calls for his resignation on Capitol Hill have mounted as the investigation into the ATF's Fast and Furious gunrunning probe intensifies. The Republican presidential candidates are as united in calling for Holder's resignation as they are in calling for the repeal of the federal health care overhaul.

Holder's Republican detractors have been aggravated by the Justice Department's lawsuits against states pursuing crackdowns on illegal immigrants, its decision to stop defending the Defense of Marriage Act in court and several other initiatives.

And Republicans rejected the notion that race had anything to do with it.

J.C. Watts, a former Republican congressman from Oklahoma, told Fox News that the criticism of Holder appears to be based on the Justice Department's actions.

"I think it's fair criticism. When you look at Fast and Furious ... when you look at guns ending up in the hands of drug lords and criminals south of the border, I think that's fair criticism," he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/21/holder-cites-race-in-explaining-scrutiny-justice-department-actions/#ixzz1hHrYjspU

AmPat
12-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Holder Cites Race in Explaining Scrutiny of Justice Department
Ahh, there it is, the "Race Card." The last desperate attempt of a guilty minority to excuse his criminal behavior. Why not? It worked so well for the murderer known as OJ. "If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit."
Sure OJ is guilty as sin but Mark is a Racist!:rolleyes:

Sure Holder supplied weapons to drug running criminals, but hey, how else does he promote the liberal meme of evil guns? Why sure the act is "technically" illegal, and yes, an American citizen was murdered because of it. But accessory to murder? No way! It is RACISM pure and simple.:mad:

NJCardFan
12-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Funny how the race pimps never came to Herman Cain's defense. I wonder why that is?

Rockntractor
12-23-2011, 01:43 PM
If you are white apparently you are racist, this is all we hear anymore.
A tired mindless accusation that is becoming meaningless because of it's overuse.

MrsSmith
12-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Funny how the race pimps never came to Herman Cain's defense. I wonder why that is?

Yep, that was funny, wasn't it?

AmPat
12-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Yep, that was funny, wasn't it?

Funny ha ha or funny queer?:confused::D

MrsSmith
12-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Funny ha ha or funny queer?:confused::D

Funny as in NOT. :mad:

Evidently, the race card is ONLY for Democratic blacks...and only for those that have clearly done something wrong. It just doesn't apply to conservative blacks...any more than the "innocent until proven guilty" phrase applies to conservatives of any shade.

RedGrouse
12-24-2011, 07:51 PM
The Race Card game gets old too fast. Eric Holder needs to resign.

ironhorsedriver
12-25-2011, 09:51 AM
The Race Card game gets old too fast. Eric Holder needs to resign.
Holder needs to be jailed!

AmPat
12-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Funny as in NOT. :mad:

Evidently, the race card is ONLY for Democratic blacks...and only for those that have clearly done something wrong. It just doesn't apply to conservative blacks...any more than the "innocent until proven guilty" phrase applies to conservatives of any shade.

I know, I was channeling Carl (Billy Bob Thornton).