PDA

View Full Version : What’s next for Herman Cain

txradioguy
12-23-2011, 10:48 AM
From hosting a TV show to serving as secretary of defense, former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain says he’s keeping his future options open for now.

In a lengthy interview with The Daily Caller on Thursday, the former GOP presidential candidate seemed to rule one thing out: running for office again.

“Right now today?” he said when asked if he could imagine being a candidate again. “No.”

“And here’s why,” Cain explained. “Politics is too dirty and it’s too easy to go after somebody’s character when you can’t kill their idea.”

The former Godfather’s Pizza CEO dropped out of the 2012 race after saying his family was hurt too much by stories in the media about “false accusations.”

Cain said if it wasn’t for the media continuing to “spin over and over false accusations,” he knows he “would be the front-runner heading into Iowa, absolutely.”

Yet Cain says he doesn’t regret running for the White House, saying his 9-9-9 tax reform plan sparked a discussion among the GOP candidates about reforming the tax system.

“The answer is yes,” Cain said when asked if he’s still glad he ran. “I believe that I caused the other candidates to put solutions on the table.”

Cain admits he misses being a part of the debates. “Everybody I talk to, they say the debates just aren’t the same,” he said.

Cain blasted “lazy journalism,” including reporters who claimed his campaign was more of a book tour than a presidential campaign. “To be honest with you, it is insulting,” he said.

Asked to describe his greatest weakness as a presidential candidate, Cain said “not being aware that some [news] outlets were going to look and evaluate every potential negative word or appearance.”

He said it was silly that he received so much attention for saying it was unimportant to know who the president of “Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-beki-beki-stan is.”

“And by the way, the president of Uzbekistan is Islam Karimov,” he said on Thursday.

Cain also made it clear he doesn’t plan to cooperate with reporters at Politico.com, the website that first reported accusations against Cain during the campaign. He said he almost didn’t agree to cooperate with TheDC for this story because he initially believed this reporter wrote for Politico.

Cain said he won’t “do an interview over there after that hatchet job.”

As for the 2012 race, Cain said he plans to eventually endorse, but doesn’t want to do it until “emotions subside.”

http://dailycaller.com/2011/12/23/whats-next-for-herman-cain/#ixzz1hMxkarzC

linda22003
12-23-2011, 11:41 AM
He WAS going to keep working on promoting the "9-9-9" plan. Haven't heard a word about it since.

Starbuck
12-23-2011, 12:15 PM
He WAS going to keep working on promoting the "9-9-9" plan. Haven't heard a word about it since.

And we may or may not hear of it again. But now is not the time to push it. The 9-9-9 plan was a ramp-up, I am sure you know, to the Fair Tax plan. He'll still push it, but he and I both know that if he pushes too soon or backs a loser and doesn't get himself into a position of influence he will have wasted his chance.

He should wait. He may get a better chance to advance his agenda in the next year. After all, he made no enemies of the other candidates during his campaign. And that was smart.

wwworkingguy
12-23-2011, 05:41 PM
I think he should start a new pizza chain offering the best $9.99 pizza's. :rolleyes:

Molon Labe
12-23-2011, 10:12 PM
I think he should start a new pizza chain offering the best $9.99 pizza's. :rolleyes:

where do you think he got his idea for his tax plan?

patriot45
12-23-2011, 11:44 PM
I wanna know where all the paid off whores went!? Wheres thier book deals, stories! They disappeared. But hey, it worked the Cain Train is gone.

Rockntractor
12-23-2011, 11:54 PM
I wanna know where all the paid off whores went!? Wheres thier book deals, stories! They disappeared. But hey, it worked the Cain Train is gone.

I wish he would sue.

Tecate
12-23-2011, 11:57 PM
Fill-in host on the Neal Boortz radio show? :D

Rockntractor
12-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Fill-in host on the Neal Boortz radio show? :D

I've heard him fill in somewhere , I think it was Rusty Humphreys show.

Tecate
12-24-2011, 12:16 AM
I've heard him fill in somewhere , I think it was Rusty Humphreys show.
He's been a substitute host for Boortz for many years, otherwise I never would've heard of the man before he entered the 2012 race.

He may have filled in for others as well, but Boortz is the only one that I'm personally aware of.

Rockntractor
12-24-2011, 12:23 AM
He's been a substitute host for Boortz for many years, otherwise I never would've heard of the man before he entered the 2012 race.

He may have filled in for others as well, but Boortz is the only one that I'm personally aware of.

Boortz isn't on XM and that is all I listen too.

patriot45
12-24-2011, 12:27 AM
Nobody said where the whores went! They were vocal until he dropped out! The real candidate we could have gotten behind was sabotaged!

txradioguy
12-24-2011, 06:14 AM
Nobody said where the whores went! They were vocal until he dropped out! The real candidate we could have gotten behind was sabotaged!

They accomplished their mission to do exactly what you said. Remember...with Libs there doesn't have to be any actual act commited...it's all about the seriousness of the allegation.

RobJohnson
12-26-2011, 05:42 AM
Boortz isn't on XM and that is all I listen too.

Snob.

:rotfl:

Rockntractor
12-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Snob.

:rotfl:

Really, I can't be troubled with you peoples trivial little commercials and whatnot.:D
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/snob-1.jpg

NJCardFan
12-26-2011, 01:17 PM

Yeah, we certainly wouldn't want him to do something that ended up successful.

I take it this clown is another handle for wee wee.