PDA

View Full Version : Republicans have been flirting with treason

Carol
12-23-2011, 10:50 AM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/100262655)

Star Member quinnox (10,711 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

Republicans have been flirting with treason
The republican party has decided to follow a radical philosophy ever since a Democrat won the White House, that is whatever the Democrats are for, even if it will be beneficial for the country overall, and even if it also will help their constituents that they represent in the republican party, they are against. They have managed to make the general public opinion of Congress to reach new lows, even below 10%, basically everyone and their mother hates this Congress, and the obstinate refusal of the GOP to give anything to the Democrats approaching a "win" is a principle reason. In recent history this radical strategy of the republicans is unprecedented and it leads one to question whether the republican party has been acting in a manner close to treason, in that they seem to not care about the welfare of this country in their intractable and vehement opposition to things which would help the United States get back on its feet just because they don't want to work with the Democrats to try and fix the immediate emergencies.

Our house is on fire and the republican party is out back, standing around and watching casually while the patriotic citizens around them are rushing to get water and douse the flames.

It makes me think that the republican party of today, even during World War 2 back in the day would be in opposition to the president and the Democrats, while the USA is being bombed on its own soil. The republican party seems to hate America and refuses to help the people or nation in anything, what is the use of them even being a player in this political system? I would say they should be ashamed of themselves but I doubt any of the republican party leadership has a conscience or any personal honor to start with.LOL

So it's treason if Republicans do not do what Democrats want them to do even if Republicans know that what Democrats want is not in the best interest of our country.

If that's all that's necessary to claim treason then what is it when Republicans propose budgets, laws and policy that they know will help with the economy and Democrats will not do what the Republicans want? Treason???

Star Member MineralMan (38,045 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
7. Treason is a very specific crime, and is defined expressly in the Constitution.

Misusing the term cheapens it. The Republicans are being assholes, but they are not guilty of treason.I see. Democrats are only guilty of being assholes for not doing what Republicans want them to do to help the economy recover and protect our country.

AmPat
12-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Pot-Kettle-Black.:rolleyes:
What an idiot.:cool:

linda22003
12-23-2011, 11:35 AM
They haven't done anything treasonous this week, they've just done their very best to assist the Obama re-election campaign. :rolleyes:

SarasotaRepub
12-23-2011, 01:48 PM
They haven't done anything treasonous this week, they've just done their very best to assist the Obama re-election campaign. :rolleyes:

That's true.

Personally I think the Prez is a shoe-in for a 2nd term. This collection of Republicans are a bunch of clowns.

wwworkingguy
12-23-2011, 05:33 PM
That's true.

Personally I think the Prez is a shoe-in for a 2nd term. This collection of Republicans are a bunch of clowns.

Bite your tongue.....(on the first sentence). A 2nd term for the Usurper would mean the end of the USA.

NJCardFan
12-24-2011, 12:07 AM
Republicans may be flirting with treason but the Dems have made a science out of it.

AmPat
12-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Bite your tongue.....(on the first sentence). A 2nd term for the Usurper would mean the end of the USA.

Agreed! Between his deliberate Marxism he crams down our throats (with the willing assistance of his minions called the DIMoRAT Party), and his complete incompetence at anything resembling leadership, the USA cannot survive another four years of this Marxist turd.