PDA

View Full Version : Trump dumps GOP

SarasotaRepub
12-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Christ... (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/23/trump-dumps-gop/)now "The Donald" may join the Clowns running.:rolleyes:

Posted by
CNN Political Unit

(CNN) - Donald Trump continued to tease a potential presidential run by changing his voter registration Thursday from Republican to "unaffiliated" and publicly denouncing the behavior of members of his former party.

Michael Cohen, an aide to Trump, said the real estate mogul and reality television star made the switch "in order to preserve his right to run for president as an independent if he's not satisfied with who the Republicans nominate."

The change was made with the New York State Board of Elections.

Cohen added that Trump was "disgusted with the way Republicans are handling" the payroll tax cut extension, saying the actions of Republicans were partly to blame for his party change.

JB
12-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Good riddance.

Rockntractor
12-23-2011, 07:16 PM
No surprises here.
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?p=438139&highlight=trump#post438139

wwworkingguy
12-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Good riddance.

He's proved himself over and over again to be a major ass clown.

Janice
12-23-2011, 07:20 PM
I rather liked the Donald in a way. He helped nudge the other candidates to the right a little I think.

Of course we all know that the Donald, is all about -- the Donald. He was sort of entertaining ... in a carnival kinda way.

But if he does this, I will officially cancel my subscription. Instead he will be on my bucket list.

Hawkgirl
12-23-2011, 07:55 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/kcxu7m.png

Rockntractor
12-23-2011, 07:59 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/kcxu7m.png

I always enjoy that poster, the red lettering gets my attention!:confused:

Molon Labe
12-23-2011, 09:57 PM
Trump won't do it. He does this and Obama get's second term.

Rockntractor
12-23-2011, 10:19 PM

I think that is why he would do it.

Starbuck
12-23-2011, 10:55 PM
We live in a world where Donald Trump and Regis Philbin are household names; one as significant as the other.:confused:

mike128
12-23-2011, 11:02 PM
If Flip Romney is the GOP nominee, then I hope Trump does run for entertainment value; since the general election will already have been rendered a joke.

But somehow, I think Trump is just simply pulling these stunts so that more people will watch the upcoming season of "Celebrity Apprentice".

Tipsycatlover
12-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Trump said he would run ONLY if some disaster befell the republicans and they ran the wrong candidate.

This can have only one real meaning. Ron Paul. If by some twilight zone of horror, Ron Paul ends up being the nominee, I'll be voting for Trump.

DumbAss Tanker
12-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Trump said he would run ONLY if some disaster befell the republicans and they ran the wrong candidate.

Whatever THAT means. Does that just mean Ron Paul, or does it mean anyone besides Romney or Gingrich (If them)?

Donald, just STFU, your 15 minutes are on reality TV, not in the election.

mike128
12-24-2011, 10:18 PM
I seriously doubt Trump means Ron Paul, since Trump has already said many times that Ron Paul can't win.

AmPat
12-25-2011, 10:45 AM
I always enjoy that poster, the red lettering gets my attention!:confused:

I gotta buy a new computer, I can't see any red lettering.:confused:

Tipsycatlover
12-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Whatever THAT means. Does that just mean Ron Paul, or does it mean anyone besides Romney or Gingrich (If them)?

Donald, just STFU, your 15 minutes are on reality TV, not in the election.

I don't know what he means. He said he would run if republicans chose "the wrong candidate". To me, that means Ron Paul. It may not, but I would bet doughnuts it does.

Tipsycatlover
12-25-2011, 03:27 PM
I seriously doubt Trump means Ron Paul, since Trump has already said many times that Ron Paul can't win.

Then it makes sense if the republicans are so foolish as to have Paul, a man who cannot win, as the nominee.

Common Sense
12-29-2011, 12:56 PM

I don't believe it either. Trump can be a bit weird, but don't misunderstand his business awareness. He's well aware that a second Obama term could devastate people like himself - and the nation.

I'm thinking that he's doing it for a few simple reasons. First, to draw enemy fire away from the Republican candidates. And, to steer the candidates away from making stupid anti-business statements. And, publicity and attention. You see, as long as the left thinks he might run, his statements about the election remain relevant to the news media.

I'd make a friendly wager that he won't run. And with that confidence, maybe what he's doing is good!

malloc
12-30-2011, 03:22 AM
Johnson is now the libertarian nominee, which means he'll bow out if Ron Paul is the nominee. If Trump does mean Ron Paul, then Obama gets a second term.

If Ron Paul is nominated and Trump runs, Obama wins. If Ron Paul isn't nominated Gary Johnson runs, and Obama wins. Johnson, though he's a solid libertarian whom I agree with on most positions, isn't particularly well known, and will gain little of the popular vote, but I think he can get enough to swing several key states which otherwise would have gone Republican to Obama. The Southwest is pretty libertarian but votes Republican for obvious reasons. Gary Johnson would definitely split the Republican vote in the 4 corners region, and maybe even up into the Midwest.

Tipsycatlover
12-30-2011, 09:07 AM
You give Gary Johnson way too much credit. He will get the same libertarian vote the libertarians always get. He won't split the Republican vote. If Ron Paul is the republican nominee that would definitely split the republican vote as republicans flee the party.

malloc
12-31-2011, 07:56 AM
You give Gary Johnson way too much credit. He will get the same libertarian vote the libertarians always get. He won't split the Republican vote. If Ron Paul is the republican nominee that would definitely split the republican vote as republicans flee the party.

I'm pretty damn sure that even Republicans would vote RP over Obama. However, Gary Johnson has some pull in states which will be in play (the mid/south west) in 2012. Gary Johnson getting on the ballot and pulling votes will definitely swing the election to Obama. There's no away around that.

For instance, New Mexico goes 45% for Obama, 44% for Generic Republican nominee, and 6% for Gary Johnson. Well, Obama claims 100% of the electoral votes for New Mexico, because he won the state. This *will* happen should Gary Johnson actually campaign.