PDA

View Full Version : Def Dept Agrees To Allow Muslim Cadets To Wear Hijabs

Janice
12-26-2011, 12:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/9zJur.jpg

Defense department agrees to allow Muslim cadets to wear hijabs (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features-the-religion-world/2011/12/22/defense-department-agrees-to-allow-muslim-cadets-to-wear-hijabs/)

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) announced today that the Department of Defense will begin allowing Muslim and Sikh students who wear an Islamic head scarf (hijab) or a turban to participate in the Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps (JROTC).

"We welcome the fact that Muslim and Sikh students nationwide will now be able to participate fully in JROTC leadership activities while maintaining their religious beliefs and practices," said CAIR National Executive Director Nihad Awad.

-------------------------------------------

Every muslim on the planet must be laughing at America -- and our boy king ... again. Are orthodox Jews allowed to wear head coverings in the U.S. military? Lord Stinkey and his underlings gives America the middle finger ... once again.

Starbuck
12-26-2011, 10:07 AM
http://fashionnewdesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Spring-Summer-2011-Latest-Hijab-Fashion-Trend-in-Pakistan-For-Womens.jpg
Dang! That just pisses me off!

Y'all know we're talking about JROTC students; not military, right? I don't have much of a problem with it.

txradioguy
12-26-2011, 10:47 AM
http://fashionnewdesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Spring-Summer-2011-Latest-Hijab-Fashion-Trend-in-Pakistan-For-Womens.jpg
Dang! That just pisses me off!

Y'all know we're talking about JROTC students; not military, right? I don't have much of a problem with it.

Doesn't matter. As I said when I posted the same story a couple days ago...this is the camels nose under the tent flap.

ROTC and Regular Army being forced to accept this is next...and it the next round of court cases...this court case will be cited a to why it should be allowed everywhere.

Bailey
12-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Its just the start of this, isn't Jr ROTC supposed to get you used to the conformity of the military? How the hell can you wear that when you are wearing a helmet? We should have a no tolerance policy considering Muslims is so far as allowing any religious exceptions, quite frankly we shouldn't allow them in due to divided loyalties.

Novaheart
12-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Its just the start of this, isn't Jr ROTC supposed to get you used to the conformity of the military? How the hell can you wear that when you are wearing a helmet? We should have a no tolerance policy considering Muslims is so far as allowing any religious exceptions, quite frankly we shouldn't allow them in due to divided loyalties.

Normally I eschew predictions or slippery slope arguments, but with Islam the plan is written and the intent is clear. The MO of Islam is to inject itself into a culture, usually through commerce, to grown and appear a benign presence, gently asking for accommodations along the way. Then the courtesies become expectations and the requests become demands. We don't have to look to books to see this, we have witnessed it.

Janice
12-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Actually the hajib is not "religious apparel" like the yarmulke. It's cultural dress. People who want to kill us and our way of life use our own rules against us and insist that we "tolerate" them.

"People who want to use our own rules against us ..." - kinda like the boy king Muslim in Chief.

Adam Wood
12-27-2011, 04:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9zJur.jpgA burqa is not a hijab.

Kay
12-28-2011, 08:41 PM
So then can we assume that now JROTC students are free
to wear a Christian cross pinned on their uniform? Right?

Rockntractor
12-28-2011, 09:38 PM
A burqa is not a hijab.
Well shit, it's perfectly alright then, this changes everything.

Adam Wood
12-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Well shit, it's perfectly alright then, this changes everything.Well, it certainly does change a lot of things.

You folks do realize that people wear hijabs voluntarily as part of their religious expression, right? Whereas a burqa is something women are forced to wear?

So, why the intentional lie in the OP?

Well, I think we all know the answer to that.

Look, it's just not unreasonable to accommodate this girl in high school in the same fashion that the military already accommodates Jews who wear a yarmulke or Sikhs who wear a turban (http://www.army.mil/article/58866/Sikh_Soldier_answers_lifelong_calling_to_serve/).

I know it's fun for everyone to get their panties in a bunch and then run around in circles flailing their arms in the air while wailing about how this one little girl is going to impose Sharia upon the entire US by way of the JROTC, probably with some stealth help from 4-H and the Girl Scouts, but the reality is that just isn't happening. All you do is make yourself look foolish when you wail and gnash your teeth over something so petty as this, and then when the real threat does come along in the form of Nidal Hasan there's no credibility left.

Odysseus
12-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Okay, a few terms need to be defined.

The Hijab is the head covering, usually a scarf that wraps around the head and hides the hair.
The Chador is the full-length cloak that covers a woman from the top of her head to her ankles, and has a hole which allows her face to be seen.
The Niqab is the the face veil which, when worn with the chador, completely covers every part of a woman except her eyes, hands and feet.
The Burqa is a full body garment that has a screen in front of the eyes and only permits the hands and feet to be seen.

When we are discussing the JROTC rule, we are discussing the hijab. Now, here is the problem: AR 670-1 allows religious garments only if they do not conflict with the proper wear of the uniform. A Yarmulke complies with this, as does the skull cap that male Muslims tend to wear. A Turban is a bit more problematical, but the way that other armies have gotten around this is to establish Sikh regiments whose duty uniform includes the turban. Given that the US military already has separate headgear for different units (Airborne, Ranger and SF), it is conceivable that a Sikh exception could be made, but only if they formed separate units, which would defeat the purpose of integration into the armed forces. Separate uniforms for ethnically segregated units would be a horrible precedent to set, as would permitting the wear of items which are not uniform in order to promote ethnic or religious separatism.

Rockntractor
12-29-2011, 12:04 PM
I know it's fun for everyone to get their panties in a bunch and then run around in circles flailing their arms in the air while wailing about how this one little girl is going to impose Sharia upon the entire US by way of the JROTC, probably with some stealth help from 4-H and the Girl Scouts, but the reality is that just isn't happening. All you do is make yourself look foolish when you wail and gnash your teeth over something so petty as this, and then when the real threat does come along in the form of Nidal Hasan there's no credibility left.
Individually these things may same petty but when you combine them enentually they will bury us with separate regulations for every group.

Look up the meaning of "uniform" this might give you a clue and help bring down your flailing self righteous arms.

ironhorsedriver
12-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Well, it certainly does change a lot of things.

You folks do realize that people wear hijabs voluntarily as part of their religious expression, right? Whereas a burqa is something women are forced to wear?

So, why the intentional lie in the OP?

Well, I think we all know the answer to that.

Look, it's just not unreasonable to accommodate this girl in high school in the same fashion that the military already accommodates Jews who wear a yarmulke or Sikhs who wear a turban (http://www.army.mil/article/58866/Sikh_Soldier_answers_lifelong_calling_to_serve/).

First. Jewish members of the US Military are forced to conform with uniform regulations. They don't wear a yarmulke with their uniform. If they choose to wear it off duty, so be it. Muslims can wear their garb off duty as well. Sikhs can wear turbans in the British Army because it was part of their uniform when they joined.They originally joined the British Army as basically mercenaries.

Odysseus
12-29-2011, 04:38 PM
First. Jewish members of the US Military are forced to conform with uniform regulations. They don't wear a yarmulke with their uniform. If they choose to wear it off duty, so be it. Muslims can wear their garb off duty as well. Sikhs can wear turbans in the British Army because it was part of their uniform when they joined.They originally joined the British Army as basically mercenaries.

Jewish Soldiers can wear yarmulkes with the uniform, as long as it doesn't interfere with the wear of required uniform items.

The man problem with women wearing the hijab is that it is visible under the issue headgear and cannot be worn safely in training. I also highly doubt that the Muslim women currently serving in the military want to wear it. The JROTC cadets who demand the right to wear it are not going to join the active force after they graduate from high school. The enlistment oath conflicts with Sharia, as it demands that the Soldier "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic," while Sharia forbids obedience to any law other than Allah's.

Adam Wood
12-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Nobody clicks the links, apparently.

Odysseus
12-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Nobody clicks the links, apparently.

No, I read the Sikh story, but he received an exception to the policy, not a change in the policy. And, his hair and headgear are going to be a problem for him in training. He's going to truly hate the gas chamber.

Novaheart
12-29-2011, 08:35 PM
The enlistment oath conflicts with Sharia, as it demands that the Soldier "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic," while Sharia forbids obedience to any law other than Allah's.

Can you tell me where there is a "credible source" online which affirms what you have written here? I ask, because surely this would not only preclude many Moslem immigrants from becoming US citizens, it would invalidate the citizenship of many who have pretended to take the oath of citizenship.

I am so sick of people saying that this is "just another religion" and that my opposition to Islamic infiltration in this country is similar to some irrational prejudice.

Novaheart
12-29-2011, 08:36 PM
No, I read the Sikh story, but he received an exception to the policy, not a change in the policy. And, his hair and headgear are going to be a problem for him in training. He's going to truly hate the gas chamber.

I forget, are they the ones who don't wash their hair?

Tipsycatlover
12-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Sikhs in the miiitary are not permitted to wear a turban. Whatever they wear has to accommodate a helmet. A yamulke being a small thin circlet of fabric isn't an issue.

Arroyo_Doble
12-30-2011, 11:47 AM
I am so sick of people saying that this is "just another religion" and that my opposition to Islamic infiltration in this country is similar to some irrational prejudice.

It is not similar; it is.

Odysseus
12-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Can you tell me where there is a "credible source" online which affirms what you have written here? I ask, because surely this would not only preclude many Moslem immigrants from becoming US citizens, it would invalidate the citizenship of many who have pretended to take the oath of citizenship.

http://www.politicalislam.com/pdf/WebSitePDF/ShariaNonMuslim.pdf
An excerpt:

This is fact-based knowledge based upon critical thought and analysis. Everything you see here can be independently verifi ed. This is a very different approach from asking a Muslim or an “expert” about Islam or Sharia. If a Muslim or any expert says something about Islam that disagrees with the Koran or Sunna, then the expert is wrong. If the expert says something that agrees with Koran or Sunna, then the
expert is right, although redundant. Once you know Koran and Sunna, further advice is not required.
political islam.

The largest part of the Trilogy is not about how to be a good Muslim. Instead most of the text is devoted to the unbeliever. The Koran devotes 64% of its total words to the unbeliever and the Trilogy, as a whole, devotes 60% of its text to the unbelievers. Islam is NOT just a religion. It is a complete civilization with a detailed political system, religion and a legal code—the Sharia. Mohammed preached the religion of Islam for 13 years in Mecca and got 150 Arabs to convert to Islam. He went to Medina and became a politician and a warlord. After 2 years in Medina, every Jew was murdered, enslaved, or exiled. He was involved in an event of violence on the average of every 6 weeks for the last 9 years of his life 1. Mohammed died without a single enemy left standing. This was not a religious process, but a political process. Jihad is political action with a religious motivation. Political Islam is the doctrine that deals
with the non-Muslim.

Mohammed did not succeed with his program of religion, but his political process of jihad triumphed. Sharia law is the political implementation of the Islamic civilization. The political nature of Islam is what creates the major difference between Sharia and Jewish religious law, halakha. Jewish law has nothing
to say about non-Jews and explicitly says that the law of the land trumps halakha.

Sharia has a lot to say about Kafi rs and how they are to be treated, subjugated and ruled. Sharia claims political supremacy over the Constitution. There is nothing good for non-Muslims in the Sharia. This is why every unbeliever has a reason to know Sharia law, especially those in politics, policy, regulation and legal matters. Sharia law is about the unbeliever as well as the Muslim. Islam’s attitudes and actions about unbelievers are political, not religious.

Even though Sharia violates every principle of our Constitution, it is being implemented today, because Americans are unaware about Sharia or its meaning
------------------------------------------------------------
1 The Life of Mohammed, A. Guillaume, Oxford University press,
1955, page 660.

I forget, are they the ones who don't wash their hair?
No that's Rastafarians.

It is not similar; it is.
See above.

noonwitch
01-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Some public schools still require students to take JROTC, instead of offering it as one gym class option among many (like my school did).

If it is a public school and the class is required of all students, then muslim and sikh students should be allowed to wear their hijabs and turbans.

Rockntractor
01-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Will these condom heads also be given their rights?:confused:
http://blog.petaasiapacific.com/wp-content/uploads/Malaysia-Condom-Demo-January-13-2011-009-506x379.jpg