PDA

View Full Version : Occupy's Rose Parade float: 70-foot octopus of corporate greed

SarasotaRepub
12-30-2011, 03:31 PM
:rolleyes: What morons... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/100290294)

Fri Dec 30, 2011, 01:38 PM
cal04

Occupy's Rose Parade float: 70-foot octopus of corporate greed

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/12/occupys-rose-parade-float-70-foot-octopus-of-corporate-greed.html

Occupy protesters are busy finishing their float that will run at the end of the Rose Parade: a 70-by-40-foot octopus made of recycled plastic bags.

The octopus, said activist Mark Lipman of Los Angeles, represents Wall Street's stranglehold on political, cultural and social life, with tentacles "that reach into your pocket to get your money and a tentacle to get your house."

"This is the real Rose Parade, and the other is the Rose Charade," said Pete Thottam, 40, an Occupy activist.

(snip)
During the rehearsal Thursday, activists were assigned roles, such as working with an Occupy peacekeeping team or carrying the plastic pipes that will support two large replicas of the preamble to the Constitution. Each replica one with the words "We the People," one with "We the Corporations" requires dozens of people to hold up. Maneuvering the octopus "human float" took some practice in coordination. Protesters spun in circles, moving it through the park. Each tentacle will have several protesters lifting it.

Wouldn't it be a shame if the crowd just tore it to pieces????

Tipsycatlover
12-30-2011, 03:46 PM
:rolleyes: What morons... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/100290294)

Wouldn't it be a shame if the crowd just tore it to pieces????

Who will even know they have it! Estimates are 700,000 people in the street following the parade. OWS asked for police help in clearing space and defining their octopus. That was denied. They will be treated just like everyone else.

JB
12-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Protesters spun in circlesHaha. What an opportune time to post that 'running in cirlces' graphic.

I'll just use this one for now: :DDsmilie_panic:

Apache
12-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Who will even know they have it! Estimates are 700,000 people in the street following the parade. OWS asked for police help in clearing space and defining their octopus. That was denied. They will be treated just like everyone else.

Where'd you see that?

Dan D. Doty
12-31-2011, 11:56 PM
They will be treated just like everyone else.

Moonbats hate that; they expect everyone to kiss their ass because they think they're better then everyone else.

MOONBAT: You subhuman bastard, why aren't you on your knees pucking up!!!

SANE PERSON: Because I'm waiting for you to lick my balls first jackoff. Now go away and leave me alone before I kick you so hard you'll be wearing your ass for a hat.

Note; Moonbat posted soon after on DU stating that the sane person cried and ran away.

Tipsycatlover
01-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Where'd you see that?

Local news report. This octo isn't going to last five minutes. OWS has 1,000 people to "march", there's no march. Among almost a million spectators OWS will be indistinguisahable.

I note that one of their main protests is that J.R. Rodriguez is the Grand Marshal.

Yeah good luck with that one.

http://occupytheroseparade.org/

Dan D. Doty
01-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Why did they make a float that really showed what OWS did during its three months of protesting;

a huge trash pile, a bong collection, and some asshat taking a sh*t on a car hood while someone else steals his expensive tech toys.

Tipsycatlover
01-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Why did they make a float that really showed what OWS did during its three months of protesting;

a huge trash pile, a bong collection, and some asshat taking a sh*t on a car hood while someone else steals his expensive tech toys.

They DID. The "octopus" is made of scrap stuff.

noonwitch
01-03-2012, 09:54 AM
They DID. The "octopus" is made of scrap stuff.

Well, then it can't be in the parade. All Tournament of Roses parade floats have to be made out of roses, unless that rule has changed since I was a kid.