PDA

View Full Version : The Virginian Pilot POLL: Which candidate is more qualified to be president...?

megimoo
09-13-2008, 10:48 AM
The Virginian Pilot POLL: Which vice presidential candidate is more qualified to be president...?

Which vice presidential candidate is more qualified to be president should the need arise?

Joe Biden
33% (406 votes)
Sarah Palin
60% (737 votes)
They're equally qualified
6% (78 votes)
Total votes: 1221 Sept 13 2008 20:00 Am EST

http://hamptonroads.com/polls/which-vice-presidential-candidate-more-qualified-be-president-should-need-arise?t=1221314166

LibraryLady
09-13-2008, 11:48 AM
I think DU is watching;

peacebird Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-13-08 11:44 AM
Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7054954)
please DU this poll (Virginian Pilot) Who is more qualified to be VP?

http://hamptonroads.com/pilot/news

right now Palin is leading 2 to 1 over Biden....

hisownpetard Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Response to Original message
1. 67% Palin, 28% Biden. Who ARE these people?

Makes me want to move to Peru.

go, just go

PoliCon
09-13-2008, 04:11 PM
lets start a fundraiser to help lefties relocate if they like after the election. :) Tickets to Cuba or Venzuela or Iran for any leftie who wants to leave America.

Odysseus
09-13-2008, 04:50 PM
lets start a fundraiser to help lefties relocate if they like after the election. :) Tickets to Cuba or Venzuela or Iran for any leftie who wants to leave America.

I'd be willing to pay a tax surcharge to get rid of them. It would be cheaper in the long run.

PoliCon
09-13-2008, 09:07 PM
I'd be willing to pay a tax surcharge to get rid of them. It would be cheaper in the long run.
OH no. I'm not willing to become them to get rid of them. I have no interest in forcing people against their will to pay for some pet project of mine. I'm sure that we can raise plenty of money from free will offerings that we would not have to resort to taxing people for the sake of social engineering. The ends do NOT justify the means.

Odysseus
09-14-2008, 08:56 AM
OH no. I'm not willing to become them to get rid of them. I have no interest in forcing people against their will to pay for some pet project of mine. I'm sure that we can raise plenty of money from free will offerings that we would not have to resort to taxing people for the sake of social engineering. The ends do NOT justify the means.

Who said anything about forcing them? Believe me, a onetime tax to get rid of the likes of Alec Baldwin would be the most popular expenditure of federal dollars since the Louisiana Purchase. We can put it to a vote:

Resolved that the federal government shall pay to relocate any person who has stated that they will leave the country in the event that their candidate loses the election. That those persons shall permanently renounce their citizenship and that such relocation shall be permanent.

PoliCon
09-14-2008, 08:57 AM
I'd vote against it - as would most everyone I know - wereas we'd all be willing to make charitable donations.

Odysseus
09-14-2008, 10:22 AM
I'd vote against it - as would most everyone I know - wereas we'd all be willing to make charitable donations.

The problem with the charitable donations is that the majority of liberals who claim that they would leave if a Republican were elected can already afford to do it. They'd just take the money and stay. I submit that an announcement that you will leave the country based on the election results should be treated as a contractual obligation and enforced.

You know, I'm joking about this, but I find my arguments more compelling that I thought they'd be. I'd better stop before I talk myself into forced deportations. :D

d_va
09-14-2008, 11:20 AM
This comment from the poll sums it up:

That's why those of us with all of our brain will vote for McCain/Palin.

:p

patsfan
09-14-2008, 12:08 PM

Remember how they threatened to move to Canada in 2004? They were soooo depressed!

Isn't there a way we can hold them to their word?

Odysseus
09-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Remember how they threatened to move to Canada in 2004? They were soooo depressed!

Isn't there a way we can hold them to their word?

That's it!!! They were depressed! They needed treatment for that depression, and since they are in favor of national health care, obviously there is no better place to start than with liberals. In fact, it's a win/win, since experimenting on liberals means that we don't have to use animals, so the PETA crowd can't possibly complain. We can institute a range of therapies for their post-election depression, to include deportation. :D

Seriously, though, I think that any individual stupid enough to say that they will leave the country if McCain wins should be reminded of it every time they go anywhere in public. Talk show audiences should have signs that they can hold up on Leno or Letterman that say, "Aren't you gone yet?" whenever one of these clowns appears. It might not shame them into leaving, but it will annoy and embarass them, which should lead, if nothing else, to a lot of court-ordered community service, which they are usually in favor of, and the sight of Alec Baldwin or Barbra Streisand in a baggy orange jump suit would be almost as good as getting them to leave the US.

megimoo
09-14-2008, 01:27 PM
That's it!!! They were depressed! They needed treatment for that depression, and since they are in favor of national health care, obviously there is no better place to start than with liberals. In fact, it's a win/win, since experimenting on liberals means that we don't have to use animals, so the PETA crowd can't possibly complain. We can institute a range of therapies for their post-election depression, to include deportation. :D

Seriously, though, I think that any individual stupid enough to say that they will leave the country if McCain wins should be reminded of it every time they go anywhere in public. Talk show audiences should have signs that they can hold up on Leno or Letterman that say, "Aren't you gone yet?" whenever one of these clowns appears. It might not shame them into leaving, but it will annoy and embarass them, which should lead, if nothing else, to a lot of court-ordered community service, which they are usually in favor of, and the sight of Alec Baldwin or Barbra Streisand in a baggy orange jump suit would be almost as good as getting them to leave the US.
The two who come to mind Alex Baldwin And Old Streisand would set off an National cheer if they followed through and move to London !

PoliCon
09-14-2008, 03:09 PM
The problem with the charitable donations is that the majority of liberals who claim that they would leave if a Republican were elected can already afford to do it. They'd just take the money and stay. I submit that an announcement that you will leave the country based on the election results should be treated as a contractual obligation and enforced.

You know, I'm joking about this, but I find my arguments more compelling that I thought they'd be. I'd better stop before I talk myself into forced deportations. :DI've no interest in giving them money - I'm interested in chartering a plan - letting them on and dropping them off. :)

Odysseus
09-14-2008, 05:12 PM
The two who come to mind Alex Baldwin And Old Streisand would set off an National cheer if they followed through and move to London !
Alec Baldwin and Barbra Streisand are only the two most obvious. There's a host of moonbats who keep telling us how much happier they'd be outside of the country if their pet Democrats lose. I'm willing to take them at their word.

I've no interest in giving them money - I'm interested in chartering a plan - letting them on and dropping them off. :)
The real issue is whether they can come back. There's got to be a point where someone stating that they will leave the country if their party doesn't win constitutes a renunciation of citizenship. I submit that any moonbat who is willing to leave America because they aren't in power is more concerned with that power than they are with citizenship, and ought to be denied both.

PoliCon
09-14-2008, 06:24 PM
The real issue is whether they can come back. There's got to be a point where someone stating that they will leave the country if their party doesn't win constitutes a renunciation of citizenship. I submit that any moonbat who is willing to leave America because they aren't in power is more concerned with that power than they are with citizenship, and ought to be denied both. Can't argue with that.