PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to use my passport for Voters ID

Carol
01-01-2012, 08:32 PM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002100744)

Star Member UTUSN

I'm going to use my passport for Voters ID
In the ancient of days, we thought that suppression of voting had been largely done away with. There were hoary tales of how REHNQUIST and Sandra Day O'CONNOR teethed on it.

The spread of voter ID laws spread with the coming of the 'Baggers. So I went into outraged disbelief.

After the new realities, for the time being anyway, I got to thinking about the literalness of MY voting, like pulling out the drivers license.

And I railed when Colon POWELL and Condo did Shrub-CHEENEE's bidding and got most of us to have to get passports (plus increasing the fees for all related stuff) and have to use them with countries we didn't have to before.

So now it has occurred to me that when I go vote I'll use my passport, with the thought, spoken or not, "I'm using my passport because I feel like I'm in a foreign country."
Right, needing to identify oneself, and provide documentation is only needed in a foreign country.

DUmmies all around over there.
RKP5637 (16,952 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
1. I feel that way more and more each day "... like I'm in a foreign country."
Many DUers are in perpetual misery because they don't ever get things 100% their way. What a way to live.

SarasotaRepub
01-01-2012, 10:31 PM
:stfu1: and show me your papers!!!! :p

FDK
01-01-2012, 10:47 PM
If you have a passport then please use it to leave the country.

Dan D. Doty
01-02-2012, 12:38 AM
If you have a passport then please use it to leave the country.

If only :rolleyes:

Tipsycatlover
01-02-2012, 01:41 PM
What's truly sad, unutterably sad. This person doesn't know that a passport is valid ID.

noonwitch
01-03-2012, 09:57 AM
What's truly sad, unutterably sad. This person doesn't know that a passport is valid ID.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought.

AmPat
01-03-2012, 11:48 AM
RKP5637 (16,952 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
1. I feel that way more and more each day "... like I'm in a foreign country." Well thank the Magic Negro for all that hope and Change he brought us. Thank him for government owned; health care, govt auto manufacturing, approved (useless) light bulbs, washing machines that are inefficient, toilets that don't flush, banks, millions of empty houses, a devalued dollar, massive unemployment, inflation, etc.

You wanted change, you got it.:mad: