PDA

View Full Version : Check in in you don't expect anything to be better in 2012

Carol
01-02-2012, 08:53 AM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002101741)

Star Member RB TexLa (15,099 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

Check in in you don't expect anything to be better in 2012

Last edited Sun Jan 1, 2012, 10:25 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
If you don't expect anything to be better personally or for the world.

I don't expect anything personally this year over last. They will just get worse and worse. But it's what I expect from life.

We are in the 1st or 2ed year of what will probably be a 30 or so year recovery so double digit unemployment is still here for a while.

Star Member BlueIris (27,753 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
2. 'Sup.

Call me a pessimist, but I am expecting zero or negative growth, zero improvement in the job situation, and a worsening of the economy and society overall.

Star Member emilyg (21,432 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
7. Checking in.

I miss the Democratic Party of old.

Star Member Odin2005 (40,425 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
8. Checking in.

Star Member RKP5637 (16,970 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
11. I hate to sound pessimistic, but I don't know where the magic is coming from to suddenly

make things better across the world. I do know one thing, it will be a hell of a lot worse if Obama is not elected. ... but really, what is going to magically change, I think we are in for a very long recovery, and probably a major change in lifestyles for many people, maybe permanently.

We had a pretty good formula here for quite awhile that worked for many, but it's been wrecked over the past several decades, I just do not see how suddenly things are going to get better in 2012.

Additionally, about 50% of this country lives in or near poverty, that's not going to suddenly get fixed. One thing that would help is if MSM started reporting better what is going on in this country and got out of the BS for Profit game. And if the media in the Hatred for Profit business went away!
Things are only getting worse under Obama and yet they "know" that if he isn't reelected it will be worse. They are drinking the koolaide that's for sure.

Star Member frazzled (6,994 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
14. Pessimists usually get what they expect

What an unusual way to start the year, with a great big Debbie Downer post. I don't know about the world's prospects, but I do know that negative attitudes in one's personal life usually don't lead to improvement. I'm not criticizing: I'm hoping you'll find the strength to envision something positive in your future and that by doing so, something positive will happen to you.
LOL Debbie Downer post

Star Member unkachuck (5,711 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
27. generally, I'm optimistic....

....but I see no reason for optimism in 2012....if anything, things will get worse....

....corporations will continue to stagnate the economy to deprive the Democrats and Obama of the numbers they need for re-election....

....OWS and baggers will clash with the system as the system continues to crush dissent and civil liberties....

....the two Parties will put on their disconnected election and convention spectacles to the astonishment and detriment of struggling Americans....

....most peoples' income won't rise, unemployment will remain high hidden in cooked numbers, inflation and stagnation will be seen, felt and buried in all commodities....

....the global economy will suck, wall street and the banksters' influence will increase, and new wars and crisis's will be created to further loot the treasury....

....other than that, everything will be fine.... But Obama is wonderful; he's our savior!! So says the moonbats.

SarasotaRepub
01-02-2012, 09:42 AM
RB TexLa (15,099 posts)

Check in in you don't expect anything to be better in 2012

Last edited Sun Jan 1, 2012, 10:25 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
If you don't expect anything to be better personally or for the world.

I don't expect anything personally this year over last. They will just get worse and worse. But it's what I expect from life.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/2/27/128802596095826680.jpg

:D

NJCardFan
01-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Rule #1 when being a liberal: Be a miserable, pessimistic cuss.

AmPat
01-02-2012, 12:16 PM
If Dear Leader is re-elected, things will be much worse. You may quote me.:cool:

Lanie
01-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Just wanted to check in as one who thinks things won't get better in 2012. Seriously, I think we're screwed.

noonwitch
01-03-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm an optimist.

Things are better in my state in the last year or so. Ford, GM and even Chrysler are hiring people again.

Bailey
01-03-2012, 09:56 AM
I have to agree that nothing will get better if the magic negro remains at the helm.

Novaheart
01-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Rule #1 when being a liberal: Be a miserable, pessimistic cuss.

Aren't you a ray of sunshine?

jk

AmPat
01-03-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm an optimist.

Things are better in my state in the last year or so. Ford, GM and even Chrysler are hiring people again.

Aren't two of those companies government jobs?

noonwitch
01-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Aren't two of those companies government jobs?

They were bailed out by the government. I don't know where either company is on their payment plan, though.

We have a saying around here-"What's good for GM is good for Michigan". There would be a lot more unemployed people if GM and Chrysler hadn't received the bailout.

JB
01-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Just wanted to check in as one who thinks things won't get better in 2012. Seriously, I think we're screwed.99% of what happens to you is caused by you.