PDA

View Full Version : Child Sacrificed in India.

Lanie
01-02-2012, 05:07 PM
"A seven-year-old girl was sacrificed by two persons superstitiously believing that the act would give a better harvest," Narayan Das, the police chief of Bijapur district, told AFP by telephone.
The two men was arrested on Wednesday on suspicion of killing the girl and offering her liver to the gods in a grisly tribal ceremony. Police said the men had confessed to the crime.

Human sacrifices occasionally make headlines in deeply religious and superstitious India, and usually occur in poor areas where some people revere practitioners of black magic.

http://news.yahoo.com/child-sacrificed-liver-offered-gods-indian-police-074513654.html

Stupid Islamists!

oh wait.....

I think living situations have a lot to do with whether one uses religion to justify insane acts.

Meshuga Mikey
01-02-2012, 06:06 PM
to be honest this could well have been a Hindu Sect...

Articulate_Ape
01-02-2012, 06:35 PM
I think living situations have a lot to do with whether one uses religion to justify insane acts.

Or just being a bronze age savage to begin with.

Odysseus
01-02-2012, 07:06 PM
The girl was murdered in a jungle district of Chhattisgarh that is a stronghold of rebel Maoists who have tapped into disaffection among local tribal groups.
Human sacrifices occasionally make headlines in deeply religious and superstitious India, and usually occur in poor areas where some people revere practitioners of black magic.
Two suspected child sacrifices were reported in Chhattisgarh in 2010, while in the same year the decapitated body of a factory worker was found in a temple in the eastern state of West Bengal.
The victims are often ritually killed by witchdoctors to appease gods, spirits or deities.

These are local primitive tribes that aren't as advanced as the Hindus or Buddhists, who believe in various bizarre deities (hence the Maoists). Not a good thing by any stretch of the imagination, but not related to any global trends of note.

noonwitch
01-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Remember Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom? Weren't the bad guys worshippers of Kali? She is a bloody, hindu deity.

AmPat
01-03-2012, 11:15 AM
"A seven-year-old girl was sacrificed by two persons superstitiously believing that the act would give a better harvest," Narayan Das, the police chief of Bijapur district, told AFP by telephone.
The two men was arrested on Wednesday on suspicion of killing the girl and offering her liver to the gods in a grisly tribal ceremony. Police said the men had confessed to the crime.

http://news.yahoo.com/child-sacrificed-liver-offered-gods-indian-police-074513654.html

Stupid Islamists!

oh wait.....

Much like having a liberal philosophy predisposes somebody to make anti-religious comments?

Lanie
01-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Much like having a liberal philosophy predisposes somebody to make anti-religious comments?

I haven't made any anti-religious comments here. I've sort of poked at those who have done that on here. Oddly enough, most of them were conservative. Go figure.

I love God. It's often those claiming to follow him (in this case, many gods and whether one truly follows them or not) who I often have a problem with. Same holds true for some other liberals.

NJCardFan
01-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Stupid Islamists!

oh wait.....

An Islamist wouldn't sacrifice their children for a harvest. They would sacrifice their children to kill the infidel. This is the fundamental difference between the 2. The only thing they have in common is that they are both the part of a backward culture. You're attempt at snarkiness fails.

Rockntractor
01-03-2012, 07:45 PM
An Islamist wouldn't sacrifice their children for a harvest. They would sacrifice their children to kill the infidel. This is the fundamental difference between the 2. The only thing they have in common is that they are both the part of a backward culture. You're attempt at snarkiness fails.

3700 abortions per day in the us but the child killed in India caught Lanie's eye enough to put it in breaking news, it was a choice also.

AmPat
01-04-2012, 12:10 PM
I haven't made any anti-religious comments here. I've sort of poked at those who have done that on here. Oddly enough, most of them were conservative. Go figure.

I love God. It's often those claiming to follow him (in this case, many gods and whether one truly follows them or not) who I often have a problem with. Same holds true for some other liberals.

My post was toward the vast majority of liberals. Are you seriously suggesting that Conservatives are more anti-God than liberals?:confused: