PDA

View Full Version : OMG, The Mayans were correct!

ABC in Georgia
01-02-2012, 11:17 PM
The world probably is going to end this year!

Get a load of the following:

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — Columbia University will offer a new course for upperclassmen and grad students next semester. An Occupy Wall Street class will send students into the field and will be taught by Dr. Hannah Appel, a veteran of the Occupy movement.
The course begins next semester and will be divided between class work at Columbia’s Morningside Heights campus and fieldwork that will require students to become involved with the Occupy movement outside of the classroom.

>snip<

Appel told the New York Post that while her involvement with the movement will color the way she teaches it will not prevent her from being an objective teacher.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/01/01/new-class-at-columbia-focuses-on-occupy-wall-street/

Can you believe? :rolleyes:

~ ABC (and outta here before hubby disowns me!)

SarasotaRepub
01-02-2012, 11:34 PM
So parents are going to pay for their precious widdle ones to learn to be stinkin hippies???

Are tents included??? :rolleyes::D

wwworkingguy
01-02-2012, 11:35 PM
This is an example of why our great Nation appears to be in decline. The education system is destroying our young.

SaintLouieWoman
01-02-2012, 11:38 PM
The world probably is going to end this year!

Get a load of the following:

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — Columbia University will offer a new course for upperclassmen and grad students next semester. An Occupy Wall Street class will send students into the field and will be taught by Dr. Hannah Appel, a veteran of the Occupy movement.
The course begins next semester and will be divided between class work at Columbia’s Morningside Heights campus and fieldwork that will require students to become involved with the Occupy movement outside of the classroom.

>snip<

Appel told the New York Post that while her involvement with the movement will color the way she teaches it will not prevent her from being an objective teacher.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/01/01/new-class-at-columbia-focuses-on-occupy-wall-street/

Can you believe? :rolleyes:

~ ABC (and outta here before hubby disowns me!)

No, I can't believe, particularly at $1,392 per credit hour. Let's see if it's only a 3 hour course, that's $4,176 for a totally worthless course that will probably destroy their chances at getting a real job after they graduate.

If I had a kid there, they would be yankied out of that class so quickly. In fact they'd probably be exiting that ridiculous school.

SarasotaRepub
01-02-2012, 11:40 PM
And don't forget this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtQKcM48hnw

:D

Kay
01-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Will they be instructed in such things as the proper way to shit on a police car?

Rockntractor
01-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Will they be instructed in such things as the proper way to shit on a police car?

Car-rap!

marv
01-03-2012, 05:25 AM
This makes a PhD in Basket Weaving look marketable.......:smilie_wall:

noonwitch
01-03-2012, 09:42 AM
They are counting on OWS continuing through another whole semester? That's scary, in and of itself, especially for the overworked police officers who have to deal with them.

BadCat
01-05-2012, 08:59 AM
I seldom see resumes from graduates of Columbia University, I guess they don't turn out many techie types.

But if I EVER DO see one, it's going into "File 13" immediately, with no further consideration.

DumbAss Tanker
01-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Unfortunately the connection between the dweebs holding the "Grad with $250,000 in student loans and can't get a job" in the tents, and the students taking this themselves, will be lost on the kind of silver spoon asswipes and their in-hock-up-to-the-eyeballs imitators that go to Columbia and take this craptastic waste of credit hours.

Odysseus
01-05-2012, 12:37 PM
This is the same school that welcomed Ahmedinejad and let him address the students. I'm not surprised, not even disappointed, just amused.

So parents are going to pay for their precious widdle ones to learn to be stinkin hippies???

Are tents included??? :rolleyes::D
Parents have been paying for that since the left took over the education establishment in the 60's.

Potty Training 101 ought to be a Pre-K level requirement, but given the level of academic performance coming out of the Ivy League, we should be prepared to accept that not everyone is prepared to do college-level work when they get to Grad School, so a remedial course will probably have to be added to the syllabus. The real question will be if they will accept this as part of a transfer from the local community colleges.

I seldom see resumes from graduates of Columbia University, I guess they don't turn out many techie types.

But if I EVER DO see one, it's going into "File 13" immediately, with no further consideration.

Before you do, check to see if they did any classes at Fordham. Columbia banned ROTC and anyone at the school who wants to do it goes to Fordham, and they tend to be less imbecilic than the rest of the Columbia grads.