PDA

View Full Version : The Iowa Caulki begins!!!!

SarasotaRepub
01-03-2012, 09:01 PM
:D

The Fun and Games start now!!!!

ABC in Georgia
01-03-2012, 10:29 PM

Fun? What fun?

Is 20 degrees outside, sitting in front of a roaring fire inside, hubby was bored out of his mind and is now asleep on the couch, heaven knows where the cat is ...

As for me, don't ask!!! Ron Paul leading with 24% :vomit: ... no surprise, but annoying all the same!

Please tell me this doesn't doesn't really mean anything in the long run!!!

Should and WILL get back to catching up with my emails and PMs. Also want to get back to Ranger Rick, over in the lounge.

Need to have myself cloned! :D

~ ABC

EDIT ... Romney and Paul and SANTORUM , all tied at moment. Guess i will go back and watch!

Rockntractor
01-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Could be Santorum!:confused:

Rockntractor
01-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Readers From Iowa Voted In Drudge Caucus:

Paul 33.55%
Santorum 20.96%
Romney 20.5%
Gingrich 10.25%
Perry 7.3%

Novaheart
01-03-2012, 10:34 PM

I'm sitting here in sweats and socks, the heat has been running continuously, and I'm still cold. I am considering going to my room and getting under an electric blanket.

Not that that has anything to do with the topic.

Rockntractor
01-03-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm sitting here in sweats and socks, the heat has been running continuously, and I'm still cold. I am considering going to my room and getting under an electric blanket.

Get in a warm bath with the electric blanket!:cool:

Wei Wu Wei
01-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Fun? What fun?

Is 20 degrees outside, sitting in front of a roaring fire inside, hubby was bored out of his mind and is now asleep on the couch, heaven knows where the cat is ...

As for me, don't ask!!! Ron Paul leading with 24% :vomit: ... no surprise, but annoying all the same!

Please tell me this doesn't doesn't really mean anything in the long run!!!

Should and WILL get back to catching up with my emails and PMs. Also want to get back to Ranger Rick, over in the lounge.

Need to have myself cloned! :D

~ ABC

EDIT ... Romney and Paul and SANTORUM , all tied at moment. Guess i will go back and watch!

I love how it doesn't matter if Paul is in the lead, but if it's a tie or if someone else is in the lead then it's totally a big deal.

Wei Wu Wei
01-03-2012, 10:39 PM

I'm jealous, I love the cold. I have my windows open and heater off and I'm sitting in slacks and a button-down shirt

Rockntractor
01-03-2012, 10:40 PM
I love how it doesn't matter if Paul is in the lead, but if it's a tie or if someone else is in the lead then it's totally a big deal.

Who is this Paul you speak of?:confused:

ABC in Georgia
01-03-2012, 10:42 PM

No, Wei ...

Just a better deal!

~ ABC

Rockntractor
01-03-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm jealous, I love the cold. I have my windows open and heater off and I'm sitting in slacks and a button-down shirt

Probably more like orange underwear eating a bag of Cheetos while looking at pictures of Che.

Wei Wu Wei
01-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Who is this Paul you speak of?:confused:

The only real small-government conservative who actually believes in the rhetoric that comes from the GOP.

That's what's beautiful about Ron Paul: while most GOP candidates constantly talk about small government, their actions never actually match it. When a candidate comes along who actually takes those words to heart and beliefs in them, the establishment (crooked) politicians in the GOP all freak out and the big mainstream media machine runs overtime to try to ignore or smear Ron Paul. Despite him being the current frontrunner, the media refuses to seriously engage his ideas, talking about him as if he's just a novelty. This is how a fearful institution reacts to someone who threatens their interests.

Novaheart
01-03-2012, 10:49 PM

I am looking at the US weather map, and I don't see any place in the country that a Floridian would consider warm at the moment.

Rockntractor
01-03-2012, 10:52 PM
The only real small-government conservative who actually believes in the rhetoric that comes from the GOP.

That's what's beautiful about Ron Paul: while most GOP candidates constantly talk about small government, their actions never actually match it. When a candidate comes along who actually takes those words to heart and beliefs in them, the establishment (crooked) politicians in the GOP all freak out and the big mainstream media machine runs overtime to try to ignore or smear Ron Paul. Despite him being the current frontrunner, the media refuses to seriously engage his ideas, talking about him as if he's just a novelty. This is how a fearful institution reacts to someone who threatens their interests.

He would probably send you and your little red book home.

SarasotaRepub
01-03-2012, 10:54 PM
I am looking at the US weather map, and I don't see any place in the country that a Floridian would consider warm at the moment.

Please. This is nothing. I walked around barefoot in the snow up in St. Louie when I got the paper. Ask SLW. :D

It is a tad brisk out there...

SaintLouieWoman
01-03-2012, 10:54 PM

Geeze, you sound like SR. I'm sitting here with a sweatshirt over my turtleneck, long slacks, socks, complaining about the cold. He's in shorts and barefoot, making his comments about how it's not cold at all.

Can't believe I've turned into a typical Floridian, shivering when it's in the 50's. :D

I know this is off topic, but what else is new around here? Spent a lot of today covering some more fragile bushes with frost cloth and bringing in most of the plants from our lanai.

SR found a little lizard in the house, on one of my plants, and released it outdoors.

SaintLouieWoman
01-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Please. This is nothing. I walked around barefoot in the snow up in St. Louie when I got the paper. Ask SLW. :D

He's telling the truth. I think the neighbors thought he was out of his mind (I questioned his judgement on that more than once when I saw his bare footprints out in the snow). It must be a New Jersey thing. :p

Rockntractor
01-03-2012, 10:58 PM
SR found a little lizard in the house, on one of my plants, and released it outdoors.

Did it try to sell you car insurance?:confused:

SarasotaRepub
01-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Did it try to sell you car insurance?:confused:

Already did. We use GEICO. :D

Hawkgirl
01-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Looks like Santorum pulled ahead.

Rockntractor
01-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Looks like Santorum pulled ahead.

He apparently will win it, whodahthought!

Wei Wu Wei
01-04-2012, 12:18 AM
He would probably send you and your little red book home.

I am home. He would have fundamental disagreements with me as I do with him. I would never vote for him. However, I can respect him because I can see he is a man of integrity, consistency, and honesty which is extremely rare in washington. I also find the Ron Paul phenomenon to be extremely interesting because I believe the mainstream media's reaction to him, as well as the reactions from establishment politicians highlight the sanctimoniousness of the right-wing's rhetoric.

I wish the left-wing had someone like Ron Paul. Obama's failures have highlighted the failures of the Democratic party and of the elite liberal class (failures which have been around long before Obama), but this is glossed over by the liberal media. While the right-wing media loves to attack Obama (and Obama does deserve extensive criticism), they don't do it based on reality. They simply make up claims and drumbeat them over every media format. The liberal mainstream media doesn't criticize Obama while the right-wing media's criticisms of Obama are pure BS.

Rockntractor
01-04-2012, 12:31 AM
I am home. He would have fundamental disagreements with me as I do with him. I would never vote for him. However, I can respect him because I can see he is a man of integrity, consistency, and honesty which is extremely rare in washington. I also find the Ron Paul phenomenon to be extremely interesting because I believe the mainstream media's reaction to him, as well as the reactions from establishment politicians highlight the sanctimoniousness of the right-wing's rhetoric.

I wish the left-wing had someone like Ron Paul. Obama's failures have highlighted the failures of the Democratic party and of the elite liberal class (failures which have been around long before Obama), but this is glossed over by the liberal media. While the right-wing media loves to attack Obama (and Obama does deserve extensive criticism), they don't do it based on reality. They simply make up claims and drumbeat them over every media format. The liberal mainstream media doesn't criticize Obama while the right-wing media's criticisms of Obama are pure BS.

Your not home, Cuba, N.Korea, Red China maybe Valenzuela. Those are home to you.

patriot45
01-04-2012, 12:39 AM
Santorium could be the winner but I would like to hear what Paul might say more about foriegn policy. He is not stupid. I think he would have to have a contingency for bad things happening. Don't forget he will have smart people in the places to make things happen. Barring Paul not rationalizing all his foriegn policy, I will stick with Santorum fo now.

Novaheart
01-05-2012, 05:00 PM

It put me in bed for two days. I simply could not get warm anywhere but in my bed with the electric blanket on high, and in my car with the defroster set on high.