1. Rick Santorum, 49
2. Newt Gingrich, 11
3. Ron Paul, 10
4. Mitt Romney, 6
5. Rick Perry, 2

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/votes-received-1000-spent-iowa_616014.html

Numbers say several things to me

1. You can't necessarily buy elections
2. Media shows how influential they are to voters when they promote certain candidate

It just floors me that Santorum pulled in those numbers.

It cannot be simply that he is an awesome a dude that he just worked all by his lonesome so hard and willed the win in Iowa and found the love of Iowa electorate.

This is the same guy who lost his Pennsylvania congressional reelection by 19% points, and was running around 5% early December in Iowa.

19% points!!!!!!!

Santy got alot of free media the weekend before the caucus promoting his "surge".

I read a statistic today that said that around 38% of Iowa Caucus goers polled during entrance that they were still "undecided". What's really pathetic about that is it means many were swayed and influenced by the last things going on in the media and at the Caucus events.

In other words...they had 4 months of debates and info blasts to make up their minds and still hadn't done their homework until they showed up to vote. :(

Arroyo_Doble
01-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Here's an intersting stat.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/votes-received-1000-spent-iowa_616014.html

Numbers say several things to me

1. You can't necessarily buy elections
2. Media shows how influential they are to voters when they promote certain candidate

It just floors me that Santorum pulled in those numbers.

It cannot be simply that he is an awesome a dude that he just worked all by his lonesome so hard and willed the win in Iowa and found the love of Iowa electorate.

This is the same guy who lost his Pennsylvania congressional reelection by 19% points, and was running around 5% early December in Iowa.

19% points!!!!!!!

Santy got alot of free media the weekend before the caucus promoting his "surge".

I read a statistic today that said that around 38% of Iowa Caucus goers polled during entrance that they were still "undecided". What's really pathetic about that is it means many were swayed and influenced by the last things going on in the media and at the Caucus events.

In other words...they had 4 months of debates and info blasts to make up their minds and still hadn't done their homework until they showed up to vote. :(

Don't forget what was said from the pulpit on Sunday.