PDA

View Full Version : How the F is Obama more qualified then Palin

Cseeman
09-13-2008, 11:51 AM
I can not beleive these left wing idiots are trying to make this argument.... it's frickin insane

Cold Warrior
09-13-2008, 11:55 AM
I can not beleive these left wing idiots are trying to make this argument.... it's frickin insane

I don't think either is qualified to be president. Unfortunately for the Dims, they're "unqualified one" is on the top of the ticket.

Speedy
09-13-2008, 12:04 PM
I don't think either is qualified to be president. Unfortunately for the Dims, they're "unqualified one" is on the top of the ticket.

What qualification should a candidate have before he is considered qualified. Really, I have been hearing alot about this and I would like a comprehensive list of "must have" qualifications. List Education, Work Experience, Military Experience, Foreign Policy Experience, you know. Every single thing that must be present and the lack of any would serve to disqualify the candidate.

What are they?

Hmm?

Well?

jinxmchue
09-13-2008, 12:06 PM

Could you please list for us the Constitutional qualifications one must have to be president?

Cseeman
09-13-2008, 12:09 PM
There are only two qualifications to be president:

Over the age 35

U.S. Citizen

Eyelids
09-13-2008, 01:11 PM

Over the age 35

U.S. Citizen

This is what happens when cousins marry...

jinxmchue
09-13-2008, 01:13 PM

Stop telling us about yourself and stay on topic, please.

Eyelids
09-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Stop telling us about yourself and stay on topic, please.

That comeback was lame in 3rd grade.

Jumpy
09-13-2008, 02:07 PM
That comeback was lame in 3rd grade.

I'm rubber, you're glue, Everything you say sticks to you

rjas77
09-13-2008, 02:11 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

a quick read of the Constitution will show he was correct...

It must suck to be you

Eyelids
09-13-2008, 02:13 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

a quick read of the Constitution will show he was correct...

It must suck to be you

Oh hey another idiot!

You have to be a natural born citizen to be president, CHECK UR CONSTITUSHUN

LibraryLady
09-13-2008, 02:19 PM
The left is trying to pretend that Zer-0 is running against Palin.

lacarnut
09-13-2008, 02:57 PM

Speaking of half breeds. They have plenty of them in Chicago. Oh, that's where Obama is from. :eek:

lacarnut
09-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Oh hey another idiot!

Hey, spellcheck is your friend plus your babbling is easier to read when you punctuate correctly. Here is your sign, dunce.

rjas77
09-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Oh hey another idiot!

Hey Cumbubble are you suggesting that Obama or McCain are not natural born citizens?

looking forward to your response

Oh and nice dodge of the point he was making

Zeus
09-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Hey Cumbubble are you suggesting that Obama or McCain are not natural born citizens?

The question at this point isn't is he/she qualified.The question is who is better qualified. When you get down to comparing resumes and compare them to actual results the O team doesn't even come close.

Thats comparing the headliner to the second string. In a head to head comparison the O team definately doesn't compare.

Cold Warrior
09-13-2008, 04:21 PM

Over the age 35

U.S. Citizen

Ha! Even with the obtuse interpretation of my comment "qualified to be" even Eyelids can beat the shit out of all of you. Jeez!

Cold Warrior
09-13-2008, 04:22 PM

No, what he's suggesting is that your previous post was incorrect.

JB
09-13-2008, 04:28 PM
This is what happens when cousins marry...Why don't you try staying on topic once in a while?

How is Obama more qualified then Palin?

JB
09-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Ha! Even with the obtuse interpretation of my comment "qualified to be" even Eyelids can beat the shit out of all of you. Jeez!You're taking up for eyepuke on a simple "citizen vs. naturalized citizen" miscue?

You're slipping dude. I'm boycotting your thread tomorrow.

Cold Warrior
09-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Why don't you try staying on topic once in a while?

How is Obama more qualified then Palin?

Actually, it wasn't him that took it away from topic. It was those who decided, upon my posting that I thought both were equally unqualified, to take it to the anal retentive stage of pointing out the consitituional requirements (under which all four candidates are equally qualified, btw). Eyelids just handed them their asses on a platter and now everyone wants to forget that "clever" diversion and return to the topic.

Too funny.

Cold Warrior
09-13-2008, 04:33 PM
You're taking up for eyepuke on a simple "citizen vs. naturalized citizen" miscue?

You're slipping dude. I'm boycotting your thread tomorrow.

Hey, if you respond to the Sunday thread, I could even throw in a reference to the fact that the Gunners won today 0-4 while ManU lost to Liverpool. Just sayin' ... :D

JB
09-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Eyelids just handed them their asses on a platter and now everyone wants to forget that "clever" diversion and return to the topic.

Too funny.Not really.

People were asking about what the qualifications were to be president. Eyepuke chimed in with what he thought was a "gotcha" post when on my first read through, "US Citizen" vs. the correct "had to be born here citizen" didn't even show up on my radar. Was it incorrect, yes. Was it the huge faux pas that pukey made it out to be? Hardly.

PS and OT: In America, when a team wins, we post it as "my team won 4-0". :p

LibraryLady
09-13-2008, 04:47 PM
AP poll on experience

Eighty percent say McCain, with nearly three decades in Congress, has the right experience to be president. Just 46 percent say Obama, now in his fourth year in the Senate, is experienced enough.

Fully 47 percent say Obama lacks the proper experience an even worse reading than the 36 percent who had the same criticism about McCain running mate Sarah Palin, serving her second year as Alaska governor after being a small-town mayor

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080912/ap_on_el_pr/campaign_ap_poll

Cold Warrior
09-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Not really.

People were asking about what the qualifications were to be president. Eyepuke chimed in with what he thought was a "gotcha" post when on my first read through, "US Citizen" vs. the correct "had to be born here citizen" didn't even show up on my radar. Was it incorrect, yes. Was it the huge faux pas that pukey made it out to be? Hardly.

PS and OT: In America, when a team wins, we post it as "my team won 4-0". :p

Agreed, it was trivial. However, it all stemmed from the misrepresentation of my comment in Post #2. Clearly, I was not referring to the consitituional qualifications to be president, but some "oh so clever" people here decided to interpret it that way, for reasons of their own. Then, they stumbled and Eyelids corrected them. Afterwards, their only response is to call him names and "return to the topic." Again, a very typical reaction for some posters here.

Now I would have handled it quite differently than Eyelids. Rather than simply insulting them, "marry your cousins," I would have drawn it out, getting them to restate their error several times. Then I would have slammed them. But, I'm a bit more practiced than he.

And, in soccer, as you know, the home team's score, in this case Blackburn, always goes first. I don't know if this is the case in the US MLS, but I suspect it is. And, unfortunately, Chelsea won today against the newly-acquired (by an Abu Dhabi sheik) Man City. I had high hopes that City might enable the Gunners to go into second place by themselves. :D

JB
09-13-2008, 04:57 PM
I can't believe soccer talk is back. :mad: /end threadjack

If I make one more comment about eyelids in this thread I'm going to throw myself out the window.

I already replied to him to ask him how Obama is more qualified than Palin. I don't expect a response.

Cold Warrior
09-13-2008, 05:00 PM

If I make one more comment about eyelids in this thread I'm going to throw myself out the window.

I already replied to him to ask him how Obama is more qualified than Palin. I don't expect a response.

As I said in Post #2, I think both are equally unqualified. The only saving grace for the R's is that Palin is not the candidate for President.

And, the season's fully underway, with all the leagues as well as the World Cup qualifiers!!! :D

Odysseus
09-13-2008, 07:07 PM

Remember when he said that being editor of the Harvard Law Review was more experience than being a naval aviator and commander of a fighter squadron with a billion-dollar budget? I can't wait to here him explain how being a community organizer is superior to being a community's mayor, and being a no-show legislator and rookie senator beats being the governor of the largest state, with the most energy resources.

As I said in Post #2, I think both are equally unqualified. The only saving grace for the R's is that Palin is not the candidate for President.

And, the season's fully underway, with all the leagues as well as the World Cup qualifiers!!! :D
My wife watches the world cup every four years. As near as I can tell, soccer is three hours of pointless kicking followed by a fluke that may or may not result in victory, but at least it goes faster than cricket.

Cold Warrior
09-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Remember when he said that being editor of the Harvard Law Review was more experience than being a naval aviator and commander of a fighter squadron with a billion-dollar budget? I can't wait to here him explain how being a community organizer is superior to being a community's mayor, and being a no-show legislator and rookie senator beats being the governor of the largest state, with the most energy resources.

My wife watches the world cup every four years. As near as I can tell, soccer is three hours of pointless kicking followed by a fluke that may or may not result in victory, but at least it goes faster than cricket.

Soccer has two 45 minute periods which actually last 45 minutes each, typically with 2-4 minutes extra time. Contrast this with American football which consists of four 15 minute periods that last a total of 3+ hours! :eek: Talk about slow.

NonConformist
09-13-2008, 07:28 PM
The libs believe if they repeat that lie enough it will be taken as truth!

Cseeman
09-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Actually, it wasn't him that took it away from topic. It was those who decided, upon my posting that I thought both were equally unqualified, to take it to the anal retentive stage of pointing out the consitituional requirements (under which all four candidates are equally qualified, btw). Eyelids just handed them their asses on a platter and now everyone wants to forget that "clever" diversion and return to the topic.

Cold warrior : Are you really this stupid..... I was not trying to distract anything.. the guy asked a question (2nd and 3rd post of this topic) and i answered it..... it's my topic and i thought answering it would move the conversation along... end PERIOD...... by the way i beleive you do have to be a U.S. citizen to be president.. and not a naturalized citizen i think that is why arnold can not run,,,,

But the question is still on the table: I would love for some idiot to explain in qunatitive terms how Obama is more qualified then palen... i do not beleive it can be done with a logical reasoned approach....

i still would love for anybody to explain how Obama is more qualified in a qunatifiable way then PAlen......

Cold Warrior
09-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Cold warrior : Are you really this stupid..... I was not trying to distract anything.. the guy asked a question (2nd and 3rd post of this topic) and i answered it..... it's my topic and i thought answering it would move the conversation along... end PERIOD...... by the way i beleive you do have to be a U.S. citizen to be president.. and not a naturalized citizen i think that is why arnold can not run,,,,

But the question is still on the table: I would love for some idiot to explain in qunatitive terms how Obama is more qualified then palen... i do not beleive it can be done with a logical reasoned approach....

i still would love for anybody to explain how Obama is more qualified in a qunatifiable way then PAlen......

*sigh* No, I'm not, but evidently you are because you're begging for your nose to be rubbed in it. Here ya' go...

In response to your original post, I indicated I really didn't think either one (Obama or Palin) was qualified to be president, noting that Palin wasn't running for president.

To which, Speedywiththetruth responded...

What qualification should a candidate have before he is considered qualified. Really, I have been hearing alot about this and I would like a comprehensive list of "must have" qualifications. List Education, Work Experience, Military Experience, Foreign Policy Experience, you know. Every single thing that must be present and the lack of any would serve to disqualify the candidate.
What are they?
Hmm?
Well?

Now, I felt this was a bit argumentative, as no one is proposing a fixed set of qualifications. I would have responded, but I was in a bar at the time.

However, before I was back from the bar, our resident creationist obtusely misrepresented my use of the word "qualified" to mean consitutionally qualified, while clearly I was speaking in more generic terms...

Could you please list for us the Constitutional qualifications one must have to be president?

Again, I couldn't respond as I was sipping a Glenmorangie and watching Chelsea beat Man City (unfortunately). However, you decided to pipe in, carrying this ridiculous diversion a bit further (as clearly, neither you nor I were speaking of constitutional qualifications in the original two posts)...

Over the age 35

U.S. Citizen

And, you were wrong. A naturalized citizen IS a U.S. citizen. However, the consitution, should you chose to read it is quite clear on this point.

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.

So, when Eyelids had your asses in an admittedly ungracious fashion, everyone decided it was best to (1) call him names and (2) accuse him of taking the thread off topic. However, it's pretty clear that he was NOT the one who obtusely decided to focus upon constitutional qualifications, something not implied by either your initial post or by my reply.

And, btw, I've been informed repeatedly by the quasi-management that simply because I start a thread, it's not "my thread." Now, perhaps that's one of the many CW-only rules, like it's ok to call loved ones a "whore" as long as they're CW's, but if it's not, then you don't own the thread.

Cseeman
09-13-2008, 09:08 PM
You need to stay at the bar: like rush says when you argue with an idiot it soon gets confusing as to who the intelligent person is (Me) and who the idiot is (Cold Warrior)

You did not prove anything.. you are wrong about the constitution and i was trying to have a real conversation not an idiot yell fest that you and your kind like to turn things into when you do not have facts on your side...

Just go back to the bar and get more drunk.... you idiot....

Cold Warrior
09-13-2008, 09:22 PM
You need to stay at the bar: like rush says when you argue with an idiot it soon gets confusing as to who the intelligent person is (Me) and who the idiot is (Cold Warrior)

You did not prove anything.. you are wrong about the constitution and i was trying to have a real conversation not an idiot yell fest that you and your kind like to turn things into when you do not have facts on your side...

Just go back to the bar and get more drunk.... you idiot....

That's nice. You are indeed a true conservative, and a good ditto head -- "idiot, drunk..." First, you're f**ing wrong about the constitution. I quoted it. What are you waiting for? Cyst Boy to interpret it for you?

Second, you simply didn't refute anything I pointed out: (1) the convesation was diverted from general qualifications to constitutional qualifications, (2) you posted incorrect constitutional qualifications, (3) Eyelids had your ass, and (4) you and the rest decided to just call him names and accuse him of diverting the conversation.

I'm sure a rational conversation is "confusing" for you and the other blind followers of the draft-dodging drug addict. However, I think I laid out the case fairly simply, even for a dittohead.

GrumpyOldLady
09-14-2008, 07:51 AM
Obama isn't more qualified then Palin.

Obama has unleashed the Infection Program on us.

WATCH THIS!

WATCH THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys68HEA1DLA)

Odysseus
09-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Soccer has two 45 minute periods which actually last 45 minutes each, typically with 2-4 minutes extra time. Contrast this with American football which consists of four 15 minute periods that last a total of 3+ hours! :eek: Talk about slow.

Yes, but in American football, you can actually see progress and people do score. Plus, soccer lacks cheerleaders, and I'd rather watch girls in shorts than men in shorts.

Cold Warrior
09-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Yes, but in American football, you can actually see progress and people do score. Plus, soccer lacks cheerleaders, and I'd rather watch girls in shorts than men in shorts.

Good point. Perhaps the most insightful point in this thread! :D

BTW, could a mod/admin fix the "dittohead syntax" in the thread title?

Cseeman
09-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Grumpy Old Lady...... Mouth Open.... How Did You Make That ? That is the coolest thing i have ever seen