PDA

View Full Version : U.S. economy adds 200,000 jobs in December, government says. Unemployment rate falls

SarasotaRepub
01-06-2012, 09:42 AM
U.S. economy adds 200,000 jobs in December, government says. Unemployment rate falls slightly to 8.5%. Details soon.

Breaking on CNN (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/06/jobless-rate-falls-to-85-percent-lowest-in-nearly-three-years/)

AmPat
01-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Gee, I don't know,,,,now what is it that happens every December,,,hmmmm??? Thinking, thinking. Nope, can't put my finger on it. Anybody?

December and, December and,,,,,,,,???:rolleyes:

Do these clowns really believe we are all as stupid as their base?

Nubs
01-06-2012, 01:29 PM
New jobs exceeded expectations due to influx of seasonal temporary workers (UPS, FedEx, etc).

Unemployment rate falls due to more leaving the employment market.

AmPat
01-07-2012, 11:23 AM
New jobs exceeded expectations due to influx of seasonal temporary workers (UPS, FedEx, etc).

Unemployment rate falls due to more leaving the employment market.

I thought my sarcasm clearly suggested this.

DumbAss Tanker
01-07-2012, 02:09 PM
You're all right. No need to bitchslap our friends.

On top of the seasonal issue, the expiration of that very long 99 weeks of unemployment and the consequent removal from these stats of everyone whose UE expires is only now becoming a recurring steady feed number for this stat that will artificially lower it every month for a long time to come.

AmPat
01-07-2012, 02:28 PM
You're all right. No need to bitchslap our friends.

On top of the seasonal issue, the expiration of that very long 99 weeks of unemployment and the consequent removal from these stats of everyone whose UE expires is only now becoming a recurring steady feed number for this stat that will artificially lower it every month for a long time to come.

Too bad the MSM has taken up this standard as another lie in support of O Blah Blah. The leftist media has destroyed its credibility forever. They had a chance to fix the problem of liberal bias and policy making after the Dan Blather incident. they failed.

Kay
01-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Here's what I'm seeing. When Barry first came into office the bottom had
fallen out of the economy with the housing crash, etc. On top of that it was
painfully clear in the first couple of years that Barry's administration knew
absolutely nothing about the business world other than book theory. A lot
of businesses weren't so much hurting as much as just put everything on
hold due to the uncertainty. A lot of CEOs and business owners went into
a holding pattern waiting for the chaos to subside since there wasn't any
clear sound and sustainable policy you could follow to make your business
plans around.

Now it is clear that Barry is being removed in 11 more month and the adults
will finally be back in charge. The business world is feeling certain of this
and so over the next few months I predict we will see hiring pick back up
and capital projects moving again in anticipation of the pro-business party
being back in control. They'll want to gear up now to be ready for the boom
that's coming in 2013.

The down side of this is that Barry will try to take credit for it.

Starbuck
01-07-2012, 06:16 PM
I think Kay's right. Most sane folks are beginning to believe that the nightmare that was Barry will end next year, and we can all go back to the business of being Americans. They are starting to loosen up.

The 99 week-er will be a thing of the past as they find employment in '13 and '14. But their losses will never fully be recovered. They will work until as long as they can. They will have to.

Nubs
01-07-2012, 08:45 PM
I thought my sarcasm clearly suggested this.

No meaning to insult. I am an engineer and, as such, I do not pick up on written sarcasm very easily.

AmPat
01-07-2012, 09:45 PM
No meaning to insult. I am an engineer and, as such, I do not pick up on written sarcasm very easily.

No sweat. I'm an ignoramus and as such, I don't pick up engineering at all.:o

Janice
01-07-2012, 11:42 PM
So Beavis 0'Barry and Joe Butthead want to be re-elected so he/they can make sure they put the final nail in the 'ol USA coffin ehh?

Riihht. Let the shell games begin ...

Tecate
01-08-2012, 12:36 AM
The unemployment numbers have been a giant load of crap for over 3 years now... They're completely cooked. REAL unemployment is closer to 16%-17%.

malloc
01-08-2012, 10:42 AM
The unemployment numbers have been a giant load of crap for over 3 years now... They're completely cooked. REAL unemployment is closer to 16%-17%.

What he said.

The calculation scheme our government uses to report on it's own progress within the jobs sector is a joke. The very fact that these numbers come from the executive office which has the most to gain or lose from them should be an idea of just how hopelessly tweaked these numbers are. It doesn't matter though, if they are fudged enough to make Obama look like he's not an idiot, then they are reported upon, otherwise there's nary event a whisper about them. When was the last time unemployment was vigorously highlighted by the MSM? Could it have been around the time of the 2010 census?

Tipsycatlover
01-08-2012, 11:13 AM
The largest number of hires in December weren't in retail as is usual, it was in messengers and in couriers. Macy's and WalMart didn't hire the most people. Fed Ex and UPS did that. The correct inference isn't that the economy is improving. The correct inference is that more people are buying on line than shopping in stores. Unrelated to an improving economy.