PDA

View Full Version : Rassmussen : South Dakota McCain by 17% 54/37

megimoo
09-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Rassmussen : South Dakota McCain by 17% 54/37

In South Dakota, John McCain has opened a seventeen point lead over Barack Obama. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds McCain with 54% of the vote and Obama with 37% (see crosstabs). That’s a big change from July when the Democrat had pulled to within four points in this traditionally Republican state. In March, McCain led Obama by ten. A similar pattern was found in the neighboring states of Montana and North Dakota. All three were mentioned as part of Obama’s effort to expand the Electoral College map but McCain has now opened a double digit lead in...

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/south_dakota/election_2008_south_dakota_presidential_election2

Eyelids
09-13-2008, 01:47 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3111/2849572298_3463bee0f8_o.png

Its pretty much a tie right now.

rjas77
09-13-2008, 02:08 PM
basically a tie? OK fine, but the advantage goes to McCain...

How many polls show that Obam is gaining vs how many polls show the opposite?

*ignoring that Washington State is now a two point lead for Obama*

Eyelids
09-13-2008, 02:15 PM
basically a tie? OK fine, but the advantage goes to McCain...

How many polls show that Obam is gaining vs how many polls show the opposite?

*ignoring that Washington State is now a two point lead for Obama*

Its called a convention bounce, and really if you look at the daily tracking polls Obama has been gaining over the past few days.

Goldwater
09-13-2008, 02:19 PM
The Democrats are stupid for this to be a tie, I mean really, they suck.

rjas77
09-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Its called a convention bounce, and really if you look at the daily tracking polls Obama has been gaining over the past few days.

Show me where Obama has consitantly been gaining over the past few days, especially in states that will ultimately determine the election such as Michigan, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Ohio, Florida, Missouri, and to some extent Virginia, Washington, Colorado...

You made the claim, now back it up

rjas77
09-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Oh we'll know by the middle of next week whether it is a bounce or a true surge...

Either way how did Obama'sConvention bounce last? Two days...Maybe?

LibraryLady
09-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Maybe blinky follows the daily kos polls.

megimoo
09-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Maybe blinky follows the daily kos polls.Naw The Big Book Of DNC Talking Points Is It's Bible !

LibraryLady
09-13-2008, 05:44 PM

oh really?

In this latest adjustment of the Zogby map, Obama has lost 26 Electoral College votes from two states—Pennsylvania and New Mexico – both of which were moved from the Obama column into the toss-up column.

Meanwhile, McCain has gained enough ground to have captured a definitive lead in seven new states: Ohio, Missouri, Nevada, South Carolina, Montana, South and North Dakota. McCain’s gains total 54 Electoral College votes. Based on a Zogby analysis of other credible polling and demographic trends, the Zogby map is also moving four other states – Montana, South Carolina, South Dakota, and North Dakota from toss-ups into the McCain column.
http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1549

PoliCon
09-13-2008, 09:10 PM
funny that McCains rise is just a convention bouce - but when Obama's polling numbers rose after the DNC convention it was a SURGE!

Speedy
09-13-2008, 10:55 PM
I realy doubt that McCain's rise in the polls is a bounce or a spike. I think, and this is just my take on it, no link anywhere, that this is a shift in the voter Demographics. A campaign can gain back a lot of voters that are temporarily swayed by their opponent's convention, but this is different. The voters that are going for McCain and causing this surge are voters that were not going to Obama in the first place, like Fundamentalist Christians and Conservatives. Or they are voters that are pissed at Obama and had nowhere to go until Sarah Palin was chosen as McCain's running. The Conservatives and Christians were never Obama's and the PUMAs are never going back without Hillary and I do not think that is going to happen.

rjas77
09-13-2008, 11:00 PM
c'mon eyelids...Where the fuck are you at?

Eyelids
09-14-2008, 03:41 PM
The Democrats are stupid for this to be a tie, I mean really, they suck.

Since when was a Presidential Campaign about issues?