PDA

View Full Version : In what respect Charlie bouncy

Eilise
09-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Mabus Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Fri Sep-12-08 12:54 PM
Original message
Heard all over my husband's office today: "In what respect Charlie?"

He called a little while ago almost in tears. He was laughing so hard. He said that all day long, whenever someone asked a question around the office, people are responding with a nasal "In what respect Charlie?" and then people around burst out laughing.

fwiw, he works in a non-lobbying law firm in downtown DC (around the corner from the infamous K Street) and no one talks politics at work.

Mabus Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Fri Sep-12-08 01:11 PM
Response to Reply #5
15. It's a great answer

He said the first time it happened he was out by the copy machine. He asked a co-worker if they were finished with it and she looked at him and asked, "In what respect Charlie?" and then cracked up. He heard it in the break room when someone asked if the donuts were leftovers or for a later meeting. He said he used it on a co-worker when he popped in and asked if he was doing anything for lunch. Everybody has heard about Palin's interview - thanks to the television in the break room, the Metro newspapers, the internet and e-mails from friends.

Zero bongs

The DUmmies have been wishing for a couple days that the "in what respect Charlie?" line would become a national joke. Then lo and behold, the OP Dummy's husband calls from work to give her a detailed account of the new "in what respect Charlie?" office joke.

LINK: http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3983367

FDK
09-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Palin is DOOMED! DOOMED I tell ya.:rolleyes:

AmPat
09-14-2008, 03:37 AM
I didn't know what Charlie wanted either. He could have been talking about either of two things: Preemptive strikes orCounties who support and harbor terrorists were the same as being a terrorist.

She didn't handle it well and appeared nervous, however, I believe she handled the rest of the interview well. Gibson looked like he was "superior" to her and arrogant. The entire interview looked like an ambush. Too bad the press didn't "PRESS" Uh-Bama for the last 19 months.:cool:

Speedy
09-15-2008, 04:52 PM
If anything, the quote that has been making the rounds around my work place is, "Stand up, Chuck!" You have to admit, that one is hilarious! Rush plays it a couple of times a show and I laugh my ass off everytime.