PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Way, or the Highway!

Red_wolf_rising
01-09-2012, 10:08 AM
"I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current president I actually respect the Constitution." --Barack Obama, March 30, 2007 fundraiser

Hmmm, that’s interesting. At a fundraiser on March 30, 2007 located in Tallahassee, Florida, Obama led people to believe he respects the Constitution…. Then how come news articles all over the internet, including CBS News, Fox News, and even the ever-liberal Communist News Network (More commonly known as CNN) all feature articles about how Obama is bypassing congress?
January 4th, 2012, Obama appointed Richard Cordray as the head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, evoking his executive rights to fill “vacancies that may happen during the recess of the Senate, by granting commissions which shall expire at the end of their next session”, as layed out in Article 2, Section 2 of the Constitution. When defending the appointment of Cordray, he said "We can't wait to act to strengthen the economy and restore security for our middle class and those trying to get in it, and that's why I am proud to appoint these fine individuals to get to work for the American people."

As Paul Harvey would say, “And now, the rest of the story.”

On December 8, 2011, Congress took a vote on the nomination of Richard Cordray as the head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. The results? 53 nay, 45 yae, thus blocking Cordray’s nomination. When asked about his plans regarding Cordray, he said "We are not going to allow politics as usual on Capitol Hill to stand in the way”, and talked about how all options were still on the table, and he was looking at a possible congressional recess so he could appoint Cordray without the approval of the Senate.

Here’s the kicker; CONGRESS IS NOT IN RECESS! The only “recess” that Congress is in was ordered by Senator Jim Webb (D-VA) on Friday, January 6, stating "Under the previous order, the Senate stands adjourned until 11 a.m. on Tuesday, January 10, 2012,"

The Senate is only in a pro forma session, which means that they’re not in full session, but according to Section 1, Article 5 of the Constitution, neither the House nor the Senate can adjourn for more than three days without the other’s approval. Pro Forma isn’t used for any official business, but can be used to prevent a president from pocket-vetoing bills, calling Congress into a special session, and prevent a president from making recess appointments.

The biggest problem is that, regardless of political party, no one has the balls to stand up to Obama, mostly in fear of the slaughter the media will induce upon them. Politicians’ entire careers are based on appeasing the American people, and with the media being as left wing liberal as they are, any kind of window where they can slam a Republican they’re going to jump on it.
And if you want to argue with me about the media not being liberal, watch a replay of the January 7 Republican Debate in New Hampshire. George Stephanopoulos of ABC was a mediator in the debate, and indirectly attacked Mitt Romney on his views on states banning contraceptives. Romney replied by saying that the states don’t want to ban contraceptives, so it’s not an issue. George continuously said that he wasn’t answering the question, and finally he was met by jeers from the audience and Romney flat out said that if the states don’t care then no one else should. He was then defended by Newt Gingrich, as he told the mediators that they were asking biased questions and they either needed to ask them again in the other bias, or keep the questions unbiased all together.

I digress.

So in other words, Obama directly admitted if he didn’t get his way, he would find a loophole so he can get his way, and there’s no one in Washington DC with the courage to put their foot down and say “enough is enough”. They’re all just saying “It’s wrong, but instead of taking immediate action we’re just going to let the Supreme Courts deal with it.” That’s going to take at least two years, so by then it’ll be put on the back burner and no one will care. Obama is ILLEGALLY using his executive power to get what he wants, regardless of the separation of powers and checks and balances.

This is the same guy that said George W. Bush had no respect for the constitution!

txradioguy
01-09-2012, 10:31 AM
This is the same guy that said George W. Bush had no respect for the constitution!

And it's also the guy who said that the Constitution was a fundamentally flawed doccument.

If you start from taht premise, then to a Liberal it goves you carte blanche to to whatever you feel like regardless of whether it's legal or not.

DumbAss Tanker
01-09-2012, 11:10 AM
"Professor" my ass. He was an adjunct instructor, same as ten thousand other non-educator professionals who teach night school classes in fields where they have the necessary degree.

Red_wolf_rising
01-09-2012, 11:13 AM
"Professor" my ass. He was an adjunct instructor, same as ten thousand other non-educator professionals who teach night school classes in fields where they have the necessary degree.
"From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School's Senior Lecturers has high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined."
http://www.law.uchicago.edu/media

I fully agree, he was a "lecturer" never an actual professor. I recognize my former kindergarten teacher as a professor more than this schmuck.

marv
01-09-2012, 11:59 AM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2008/03/sweet_obama_did_hold_the_title.html
(snip)

“He did not hold the title of professor of law,” said Marsha Ferziger Nagorsky, an Assistant Dean for Communications and Lecturer in Law at the school, on East 60th St. in Chicago

The U of C statement was posted on the school’s website two days after the Clinton campaign issued a memo headlined “Just Embellished Words: Senator Obama’s Record of Exaggerations & Misstatements.”

(snip)

Nagorsky said there is a major distinction between a lecturer and senior lecturer, though both are not full-time positions. She said the status of a senior lecturer is “similar” to the status of a professor and Obama did teach core courses usually handled only by professors. While Obama was also part of the law school community, his appointment was not part of an academic search process and he did not have any scholarly research obligations which professors often do.

(snip)

Moving on...
http://www.freedomspeaks.com/letter/861202/lawyer-obama
(snip)

1. President Barack Obama, former editor of the Harvard Law Review, is no longer a "lawyer". He surrendered his license back in 2008 in order to escape charges he lied on his bar application.

A "Voluntary Surrender" is not something where you decide "Gee, a license is not really something I need anymore, is it?" and forget to renew your license. No, a "Voluntary Surrender" is something you do when you've been accused of something, and you 'voluntarily surrender" your license five seconds before the state suspends you.

2 Michelle Obama "voluntarily surrendered" her law license in 1993.

3. So, we have the first black President and First Lady - who don't actually have licenses to practice law. Facts.

Source: http://jdlong.wordpress.com/2009/05/15/pres-barack-obama-editor-of-the-Harvard-law-review-has-no-law-license/

(snip)

For the record; Before I even had a degree, I taught computer languages at Johnson County Community College in Johnson County, Kansas. The courses were fully acredited.

AmPat
01-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Where are all the students he lectured? Where are his notes? Where are his schedules, outlines, tapes???
Why hasn't his students gone on record with pros and cons of his classes? Where are the Bimbos that threw themselves at this paragon of liberal virtue? Where are the groupies that have first hand knowledge of The One? Where are his performance ratings from the administration? Why do we know more about Herman Cain's alleged dalliances than an actual Obama tenure?:confused:

Where is the professional curiosity of the "journalists" in our liberal infested media?

Red_wolf_rising
01-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Where are all the students he lectured? Where are his notes? Where are his schedules, outlines, tapes???
Why hasn't his students gone on record with pros and cons of his classes? Where are the Bimbos that threw themselves at this paragon of liberal virtue? Where are the groupies that have first hand knowledge of The One? Where are his performance ratings from the administration? Why do we know more about Herman Cain's alleged dalliances than an actual Obama tenure?:confused:

Where is the professional curiosity of the "journalists" in our liberal infested media?
It's only professional courtesy if it's a democratic topic. Did you see the New Hampshire debates? George Stephanopoulos continously hounded Romeny on the same question on putting an amendment in the constitution allowing states to ban contraceptives, even though he answered it over and over that it wasn't an issue because no states wanted to ban contraceptives.

Why haven't we heard about Obama surrendering his law license?

Why isn't the media blowing up about him completely disregarding the separation of powers in the constitution?

You know damn well that if Bush was in office and pulled something like that the media would be ALL OVER IT, completely destroying him over and over and over. Notice when Bush was in office all you ever heard was about his approval rating? Obama's is the same as Jimmy Carter's was, and you never hear it mentioned! The media is nauseatingly liberal. The only network I can stomach anymore is Fox News.

Elspeth
01-09-2012, 05:51 PM
"I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current president I actually respect the Constitution." --Barack Obama, March 30, 2007 fundraiser

Bullshit.

He just signed legislation (which he forced Congress to pass) allowing him to indefinitely detain American citizens. In one act, Obama destroyed due process, a cornerstone of our Constitution.

Even one of the lefties is calling him "King Obama":

Obama Crowned Himself on New Year's Eve (http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=28442)

Odysseus
01-09-2012, 05:55 PM

It's the simple difference between the (R) and the (D) after the name. The media's primary mission is to be the palace guard for Democrats, when they are in power, and the unsurgent mob when Republicans are in power. They're like labor unions in terms of bias and partisanship.