PDA

View Full Version : Human carbon emissions could put OFF a lethal new ice age, say scientists

bijou
01-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Cambridge university scientists say that a new Ice Age is due to start within 1,500 years.

But due to human carbon emissions, the lethal 'big freeze' could be put off.

Levels of CO2 in the atmosphere could actually insulate against a catastrophic ice age which would see glaciers advance over Europe and north America.

The scientists admit that we would be 'better off' in a warmer world - but caution that this is 'missing the point'.

In a paper published in Nature Geoscience, Cambridge University paleoclimatologist Luke Skinner says that even if carbon emissions stopped today, levels would remain elevated for at least 1,000 years, and stored heat could prevent the next Ice Age from happening.

Instead, things would cool down, but not quite so severely.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2084106/Human-carbon-emissions-lethal-Ice-Age-say-scientists.html#ixzz1iyfUHHsZ

OMG we're all going to freeze to death. :DDsmilie_panic:

AmPat
01-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Oh thank Heaven. I thought the global warming inspired big freeze was going to be end of the world stuff. Now, global warming is the savior of the Big One! We are now being saved by man made global warming. We should immediately set up a Global Luke Warming Commission to oversee the dawning of this new age.

I nominate Hootie!:an:

Novaheart
01-09-2012, 12:11 PM
I don't know about carbon, but since becoming a vegetarian I have certainly done my part for methane.

Rockntractor
01-09-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't know about carbon, but since becoming a vegetarian I have certainly done my part for methane.

If Nova farts in a forest does it make a sound?:confused:

Adam Wood
01-09-2012, 06:32 PM
The scientists admit that we would be 'better off' in a warmer world - but caution that this is 'missing the point'.Of course it's missing the point. That is, ironically enough, the point in and of itself. The object of these fruitbags is not to save the fever-stricken earth from the horrible SUV-driving corporations. The object is and always has been to make everyone as miserable as possible, because then we would all be equal. TA DA! It's Cosmic Sameness™! Now there's no inequality at all in the world because we all equally feel like shit. Ain't that grand? Hip Hip Hooray!

Arroyo_Doble
01-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Well, that's one less thing to worry about.

JB
01-09-2012, 07:15 PM
within 1,500 years....which would see glaciers advance over Europe and north America. Sounds like a muzzie plot to wipe out Christianity. Glad we caught them.