PDA

View Full Version : Five Muslims go on trial for handing out ‘death to gays’ leaflets

bijou
01-10-2012, 03:38 PM
A GROUP of Muslim men handed out to the public a leaflet that called for homosexuals to be “punished” and given the death sentence, a court has heard.

The five men gave out the pamphlet, called The Death Penalty?, which showed an image of a mannequin hanging from a noose, said buggery was a great sin leading to hell, that it used to be punished by hanging and that people practising and allowing homosexuality would suffer, the court was told.

Ihjaz Ali, 42, Mehboob Hussain, 45, Umar Javed, 38, Razwan Javed, 27, and Kabir Ahmed, 28, are alleged to have handed out the document outside and near the Jamia Mosque in Rosehill Street, Derby, in July 2010, as well as putting it through people’s letterboxes in the local neighbourhood.

All five men are accused of stirring up hatred on the grounds of sexual orientation in the first prosecution of its kind since legislation came into force in March 2010. ...
link (http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/at-a-glance/main-section/five_muslims_go_on_trial_for_handing_out_death_to_ gays_leaflets_1_4126042)

Novaheart
01-10-2012, 04:22 PM
link (http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/at-a-glance/main-section/five_muslims_go_on_trial_for_handing_out_death_to_ gays_leaflets_1_4126042)

Unless I missed it, the shocking part of this article is that it doesn't tell us whether these people are English citizens born, naturalized, legal aliens, or illegal aliens. That's a matter of interest but not essential to the point that the real problem is that the Crown has allowed this infiltration of the motherland.

Unless these men were threatening to kill gay people, or ordering those under their control to kill gay people, then I don't see how this can be considered anything other than free speech.

Deport Islam, don't kill free speech of the ethnically British in the process.

noonwitch
01-10-2012, 05:38 PM
"Turn or Burn"

I've heard that slogan applied to gays before, but not by muslims.

For those who read too much into my statements, I'm not saying that Islam is friendly to gays, I'm saying that the people who I've heard use that phrase before were Christians.

Novaheart
01-10-2012, 06:11 PM
"Turn or Burn"

I've heard that slogan applied to gays before, but not by muslims.

For those who read too much into my statements, I'm not saying that Islam is friendly to gays, I'm saying that the people who I've heard use that phrase before were Christians.

Now that you mention it, that and the "Adam and Steve" routine shows that muslims are being assimilated by Western Culture. Unfortunately, it's the undesirable part of Western Culture but it was only a matter of time until the Christian extremists and the Muslim extremists found common ground... at least until the Muslims feel they are in a position to subjugate the Christians.

Arroyo_Doble
01-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Unless I missed it, the shocking part of this article is that it doesn't tell us whether these people are English citizens born, naturalized, legal aliens, or illegal aliens. That's a matter of interest but not essential to the point that the real problem is that the Crown has allowed this infiltration of the motherland.

Unless these men were threatening to kill gay people, or ordering those under their control to kill gay people, then I don't see how this can be considered anything other than free speech.

I don't think the UK has the Bill of Rights.

Elspeth
01-10-2012, 07:14 PM
I don't think the UK has the Bill of Rights.

Neither do we...since Christmas.

DumbAss Tanker
01-10-2012, 07:51 PM

The UK does not have the same guarantee of free speech that we do, which has a lot to do with why it is in our Bill of Rights in the first place. It is much easier for the UK to place legal restrictions on inflammatory speech than it is here.

JB
01-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Buggery.

Brits crack me up. I'm going to have to work that word into my vocabulary. Speaking about others, of course.

DumbAss Tanker
01-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Buggery.

Brits crack me up. I'm going to have to work that word into my vocabulary. Speaking about others, of course.

Sodding right!

Lanie
01-10-2012, 08:58 PM

Let's not take away freedom of speech. Let's take away freedom of religion. :rolleyes:

IF there is hate speech legislation forbidding this, then it's against the law. Now, hate speech laws need to be careful enough not to forbid speech against homosexual marriages or homosexual "lifestyle." However, I can see how the open advocating of putting gays to death might be considered hate speech.

JB
01-10-2012, 09:06 PM
IF there is hate speech legislation forbidding this, then it's against the law. Now, hate speech laws need to be careful enough not to forbid speech against homosexual marriages or homosexual "lifestyle." However, I can see how the open advocating of putting gays to death might be considered hate speech.Hate speech laws should not exist in the first place.

If you're going to prosecute these people then it should be under the guise of inciting to riot, not because they hate someone.

But this is not occurring in America so let the Brits do what they do.

ABC
01-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Buggery.

Is easy to do, JB. Not too polite however.

Being a "Brit" born American ... I used it not long ago in here when telling someone to "bugger off."

Really just meaning "Go away, fool!"

Another Brit expression, far less polite and somewhat similar in meaning, that I would never use is "Naff Off!"

Is like telling someone to "go forth and multiply! "

Not quite the use of the word "buggery," that you wanted, I know, but couldn't resist. :)

~ ABC

Novaheart
01-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Let's not take away freedom of speech. Let's take away freedom of religion.

Islam is much more than a religion. It is not native to Europe. My statement was that invasive Islam needs to be driven out of Great Britain. That's not religious discrimination, it's selective granting of citizenship. Clearly, the remaining mistakes have to be allowed freedom of religion to the degree it is granted to everyone else. However, don't forget that unlike the US, most European nations are officially Christian. The UNited Kingdome is not a secular state, it tolerates other religions. There is a difference between tolerating other religions, and giving them the same position as the state religion.

Lanie
01-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Islam is much more than a religion. It is not native to Europe. My statement was that invasive Islam needs to be driven out of Great Britain. That's not religious discrimination, it's selective granting of citizenship. Clearly, the remaining mistakes have to be allowed freedom of religion to the degree it is granted to everyone else. However, don't forget that unlike the US, most European nations are officially Christian. The UNited Kingdome is not a secular state, it tolerates other religions. There is a difference between tolerating other religions, and giving them the same position as the state religion.

First of all, Islam is as native to Europe as Christianity is. It's been in Spain for example since what? 700 AD? The point is moot though. It's still a religion and if we're allowing the freedom of it, then it should stand. Atheist ideas are not traditional either. Would you want that outlawed?

While I see where you're going out drowning out radical Islam, I think it would be better just to have hate speech legislation.

Lecture for this statement from those wanting to truly eliminate the freedom of religion for Muslims starts in 54321

Novaheart
01-11-2012, 08:18 PM
First of all, Islam is as native to Europe as Christianity is. It's been in Spain for example since what? 700 AD? The point is moot though. It's still a religion and if we're allowing the freedom of it, then it should stand. Atheist ideas are not traditional either. Would you want that outlawed?

While I see where you're going out drowning out radical Islam, I think it would be better just to have hate speech legislation.

Lecture for this statement from those wanting to truly eliminate the freedom of religion for Muslims starts in 54321

Christianity as we know it was adapted for the state religion of the Roman Empire at a time when that was the only game in Europe. Islam's foray into Spain under Tariq was an invasion, as is the current green march of Islam into Europe.

Our American Constitutional protections and similar ones in Europe are not in place to allow an enemy to move behind our lines, or to allow our culture to be infiltrated by militant and hostile exotic cultures.

For you to claim that Islam is as native to Europe as Christianity is like saying that Islam is as native to America as Christianity. There is a point at which you have to stop jumping through hoops to find some imaginary high moral ground. When a toxic influence is gathering inside the body, it must be removed rather than rationalized.