PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest Loser

Hawkgirl
01-11-2012, 03:06 AM
I know it's been on for a few seasons, but this is the first season I've actually TIVO"d it. Allison Sweeney seems snobbish, couldn't they have found a warmer person??

But my question is, do most of the contestants keep the weight off after they've left (or got booted) off the show? Do they have a reunion at the end??

Zafod
01-11-2012, 09:31 AM
I know it's been on for a few seasons, but this is the first season I've actually TIVO"d it. Allison Sweeney seems snobbish, couldn't they have found a warmer person??

But my question is, do most of the contestants keep the weight off after they've left (or got booted) off the show? Do they have a reunion at the end??

It's about 50/50...

That show is crap.

They do things like water cycling where you take in a bunch of water. Like 2 gallons a day for 3 days then you stop and in the next 48 hours you piss it all out plus some of the before water weight ie losing pounds of original body weight right before the weigh in.

And its no wonder the people lose the weight. They workout 6 days a week with millionaire trainers, have food taken care of by millionaire nutritionists and the show likes to make it .out like its a weigh in every week but its a month at least between weigh ins.

I can't stand that show.

And jillian micheals is a mean mug looking bitch. Prob a dike too.

AmPat
01-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Biggest loser? I thought that this was about our White House usurper.:(

djones520
01-11-2012, 11:41 AM
You can complain about how nice the people on the show have it, but those who get booted off early often times come back with even bigger results then the people who stayed on the show.

I haven't watch it in about 4 years, but I know from the first few seasons they'd have a few from the original batch who never even made the cut show up, and they had greater weight loss then anyone on the show.

AmPat
01-11-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm working on a ground breaking new weight loss program. Look for an IPO soon! DON'T MISS THIS ONE.
The program is safe and proven. It is effective and easy. Send me your credit card information and I'll rush you the program. Send $9.99 and I'll overnight it to your front door.

No expensive equipment
No membership fee
No expensive proprietary diet

Simply eat less and exercise more.

Zafod
01-11-2012, 12:11 PM
You can complain about how nice the people on the show have it, but those who get booted off early often times come back with even bigger results then the people who stayed on the show.

I haven't watch it in about 4 years, but I know from the first few seasons they'd have a few from the original batch who never even made the cut show up, and they had greater weight loss then anyone on the show.

The show is a joke.

I lost 100 lb in 10 months by eating right and by moving..... you know, exercise.....

Zafod
01-11-2012, 12:13 PM
when they had them flipping tires is when I stopped watching.

jendf
01-11-2012, 01:51 PM

The winner of the first season of Biggest Loser gained it all back. He's done a lot of interviews about his experience.

I stopped watching it a few years ago for the same reasons others have listed here. It was so unrealistic. Losing 10+ pounds a week was ridiculous. Waterloading to throw weigh-ins was a major turn off for me too. IT wasn't about losing weight, it was about doing whatever it takes (even if it's unhealthy) to win a million dollars or create manufactured drama.

Google Kai from Season 3. She's been the most outspoken about the dangers that show puts its contestants under. I remember her at the final weigh in. She was as loopy as hell. Come to find out, she stopped eating and drinking days before the weigh in. She said she was so unhealthy at that season finale that she was urinating blood. :eek:

Hawkgirl
01-11-2012, 06:04 PM
The first episode actually put me off...especially when two people passed out. These people were obese and they were making them work out like triathletes...I thought it was dangerous and irresponsible. I thought one is supposed to build up to a 3 hour workout...lol

RobJohnson
01-12-2012, 04:44 AM
I burn 4 calories using the remote control to skip watching the show.

Novaheart
01-12-2012, 12:07 PM
The show is a joke.

I lost 100 lb in 10 months by eating right and by moving..... you know, exercise.....

The thing I hate about that show is that whether they will admit it or not, they are still making fun of fat people for the amusement of people sitting at home. They make the guys take their shirts off, which few fat men would do for any reason including money, and they put the women in tight spandex outfits that make their midriffs bulge and their asses look bigger and baggier.

Moreover, a lot of the exercises they use on the show are of little benefit and physically unwise for unfit people. Flopping the big tire, dragging weights, and doing all that TV boot camp crap is less beneficial than a simple bike ride. God gave us bicycles so we wouldn't hurt our joints while losing weight. But I guess that bicycling is boring to watch on TV, so they get them to do stupid, wasteful, and stressful stuff.
The exception of course is some activity which shows accomplishment. Chin ups are worthless for weight loss, but if no one has ever done a chin up, to be able to do one might be motivational. No one dreams of the day when he can flop the tractor tire.

Novaheart
01-12-2012, 12:14 PM
The show is a joke.

I can tell on the look of the face of some people that when they ask me "How did you do it?" they are hoping I will tell them about some magic system or drug. I pull out my food diary, and show them that I keep track of everything that I eat in hopes that they will see that once you get rid of processed foods, meat, and restaurant food, you still get to eat a lot of good stuff for 2000 calories a day or less. And yes, you can have a slice of pizza now and then. Then I add that I ride my bicycle an hour a day and I lose them. I tell them that you start slow, walking around the block, adding blocks every day, and then work up to an hour bike ride, but it's like it's already too complicated.

I don't know what to tell people. I guess they have to figure it out for themselves or pay someone to tell them what I tell them for free.

Red_wolf_rising
01-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Biggest loser? I thought that this was about our White House usurper.:(
HA! win...

Zafod
01-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Moreover, a lot of the exercises they use on the show are of little benefit and physically unwise for unfit people. Flopping the big tire, dragging weights, and doing all that TV boot camp crap is less beneficial than a simple bike ride. God gave us bicycles so we wouldn't hurt our joints while losing weight. But I guess that bicycling is boring to watch on TV, so they get them to do stupid, wasteful, and stressful stuff.
The exception of course is some activity which shows accomplishment. Chin ups are worthless for weight loss, but if no one has ever done a chin up, to be able to do one might be motivational. No one dreams of the day when he can flop the tractor tire.

they are not flopping tractor tires. The tires they are lifting are barely 90lb which makes it like 50 when you flip it.

They act like these people are doing strongman stuff. Even my wife tried to point at it and say "honey they are flipping tires like you do"

to which I corrected her and explained that my tire is close to 900 lbs and doesnt wiggle when it hits the ground....