PDA

View Full Version : Irananian Nuclear Scientist Killed

Starbuck
01-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Two assailants on a motorcycle attached magnetic bombs to the car of an Iranian university professor working at a key nuclear facility, killing him and another person Wednesday, state TV reported. The slayings suggest a widening covert effort to set back Iran's atomic program......

Roshan was a chemistry expert who was involved in building polymeric layers for gas separation, which is the use of various membranes to isolate gases. He was also deputy director of Natanz uranium enrichment plant, in central Iran, for commercial affairs. According to conservative news website mashreghnews.ir, Roshan was in charge of purchasing and supplying equipment for the facility......

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/01/11/report-bomb-kills-iran-university-professor/#ixzz1jAAMwvjy

Gonna get a little hard to get young minds interested in studying nuclear physics in Iran. Good. This is one of the ways I think war should be waged in Iran and some other places. And why not? It's what they do when they get a chance.

Rockntractor
01-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Only 1?:(

Starbuck
01-11-2012, 02:24 PM

Yeah. Now picture yourself as the hard working, overtime churning number 2 or 3 guy.......Now, how hard are you going to work on those nuclear weapons?:)

Thing is, about that old mule story where the number one mule gets clobbered: they never talk about what happened to the number 2 mules' attitude. I'm bettin' Number 2 started payin' real close attention.:D

Arroyo_Doble
01-11-2012, 02:35 PM

He is the fifth targeted and the fourth to die according to a UK publication.

Rockntractor
01-11-2012, 03:17 PM
He is the fifth targeted and the fourth to die according to a UK publication.

It is too bad there weren't several in the car on the way to a party.

obx
01-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Hopefully, they will not stop with only one.

Odysseus
01-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Yeah. Now picture yourself as the hard working, overtime churning number 2 or 3 guy.......Now, how hard are you going to work on those nuclear weapons?:)

Thing is, about that old mule story where the number one mule gets clobbered: they never talk about what happened to the number 2 mules' attitude. I'm bettin' Number 2 started payin' real close attention.:D

The regime is probably going to be stepping up security around them in order to prevent exactly what you're talking about. It could also light a fire under them to complete the program as quickly as possible, so as to build a deterrent. PSYOP is always tricky, but that doesn't mean that this isn't a valuable operation in its own right. The real value of this is that one less brain is available to work on the program, and depending on his part of it, it could result in a real setback.

DumbAss Tanker
01-12-2012, 06:57 PM
The regime is probably going to be stepping up security around them in order to prevent exactly what you're talking about. It could also light a fire under them to complete the program as quickly as possible, so as to build a deterrent.

Exactly correct. There is a "That which does not kill it makes it stronger" aspect to any program like this that becomes an overriding national priority.

Starbuck
01-12-2012, 10:20 PM
............The real value of this is that one less brain is available to work on the program, and depending on his part of it, it could result in a real setback.

That's kind of what I'm hoping. That, and the mysterious explosions that seem to be happening in key places, give me real hope that there is a war already underway. The war is being fought by hackers, stealth drones, sabotage, and assassinations. Those tactics along with interior (to Iran) discontent may actually enable us to win a war we never have to fight.

AmPat
01-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Who's next?

Wei Wu Wei
01-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Is a foreign power assassinating civilians an act of war?

Constitutionally Speaking
01-14-2012, 12:40 PM

Yes. But then so is sponsoring terrorist attacks. They acted first

Starbuck
01-14-2012, 03:16 PM
From Cornell University:
(4) the term “act of war” means any act occurring in the course of—
(A) declared war;
(B) armed conflict, whether or not war has been declared, between two or more nations; or
(C) armed conflict between military forces of any origin; and ..........
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/2331.html

I couldn't find a comprehensive definition at the U.N., but there probably is one. Mostly the U.N. goes on and on about using the military.

For those who know - or remember in Marv's case:D - WWI was touched off when a Serbian civilian assassinated The Archduke of Austria. Probably, war would not have evolved if it had not been shown that the Serbian army had provided the weapon. Austria felt compelled to invade, Germany felt compelled to side with Austria, Russia felt threatened because Serbia was a critical path to free trade, France refused to declare neutrality, England would not allow France to fall, The Ottoman Empire felt compelled to back Serbia, and the whole world went to absolute hell as a result.:)

Moral: Gotta be a little careful who you shoot, but I think Iranian scientists are OK.

JB
01-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Is a foreign power assassinating civilians an act of war?I think I missed something. What foreign power killed him?

Odysseus
01-14-2012, 04:53 PM

Yes. But then so is sponsoring terrorist attacks. They acted first

What you said. Iran declared war on us in 1979. Their first act of war was to invade our embassy in Tehran, which is just as much an attack on US soil as invading any part of CONUS. They then held our diplomatic and military personnel as hostages for 444 days, violating the immunity that embassy personnel receive in their host nations. Since then, Iran has acted against the US on numerous occasions, including the recent attempt to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the US on US soil, in a plot guaranteed to cause tremendous civilian casualties. Also, atomic scientists aren't simply "civilians", but munitions developers. Taking out military infrastructure and personnel is perfectly legitimate.

So, yes, killing their atomic scientists is an act of war, but the war started long before this.

txradioguy
01-15-2012, 10:06 AM
I think I missed something. What foreign power killed him?

Wee Wee is automatically believing the propaganda that Iran is spitting out saying that the CIA had something to do with sending their scientists to see Allah.

Odysseus
01-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Wee Wee is automatically believing the propaganda that Iran is spitting out saying that the CIA had something to do with sending their scientists to see Allah.

It's not the CIA. For one thing, there haven't been any leaks. If this were us, there'd be lots of stories about how clever Obama is for getting at these scientists. For another, they've hit the targets. The CIA couldn't find its own ass with both hands and a flashlight. If it's the US, it's DOD, but it's most likely either the Israelis or the Saudis.

Nubs
01-15-2012, 12:06 PM

Might be, but is really irrelevant. Iran is the offended party, they need to declare war for it to be a confirmed act of war. As for now it's classified as a scientist that got whacked by a hand size magnetic limpet.

Odysseus
01-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Might be, but is really irrelevant. Iran is the offended party, they need to declare war for it to be a confirmed act of war. As for now it's classified as a scientist that got whacked by a hand size magnetic limpet.

Iran declared war on us years ago.

Besides, if we were the ones who'd done it, it would have been all over the media and the appeaser in chief would have already apologized and promised to assist them with their nuclear program. This is either Israel, the Saudis or the Russians.