PDA

View Full Version : TV maker Vizio rolls out a line of PCs

RobJohnson
01-11-2012, 12:46 PM
The 2012 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas officially opens for business Tuesday but thousands of reporters were given sneak peeks at what will be the world's largest exhibition of personal electronic gear and accessories. Here are some highlights from the show.

TV maker Vizio rolls out a line of PCs
Vizio is hoping to find the same success it has had in the TV business in the competitive market of personal computing.

MORE (http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-fi-ces-notebook-20120110,0,4686505.story)

I seen on product on the news that turns your iPad into an electric guitar. Rumor has it about 25% of the products are focused around Apple at the 2012 CEC.

Hawkgirl
01-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Sony makes Vizio and I have a flat screen VIzio HDTV for about 5 years now and I've never had problems with it. I bought it at Costco.

RobJohnson
01-12-2012, 05:13 AM
Sony makes Vizio and I have a flat screen VIzio HDTV for about 5 years now and I've never had problems with it. I bought it at Costco.

I did not know that Sony made them. I know a manager at Sears that mentioned they used to have a lot of returns but I have a flat Vizio HDTV on my bedroom wall and it's going on 4 years old...No issues. Shopping is limited in my town, so it was bought at Wal Mart.

Apocalypse
01-12-2012, 12:37 PM
They make good products, but I've noted they are very slow with updates to their products.

I've had a small flat-screen for a year now, shortly after buying it, they did an update that F'ed up the connection to the net and it wouldn't recognize it regardless of how you hooked up.

A week ago, they finally releases an update that addressed that issue. A year is awful slow in my book.