PDA

View Full Version : Paula Deen has diabetes

jendf
01-13-2012, 02:23 PM
I know. I'm shocked too. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/13/paula-deen-diabetes_n_1204325.html)

One too many donut-bacon-egg-sausage sandwiches I guess. :cool:

zv8yEMRDe_w

djones520
01-13-2012, 02:31 PM
In other news, the sun rose in the east today.

BadCat
01-13-2012, 02:33 PM
My wife made a Paula Deen recipe for zucchini bread when they were in season and everybody gives them away.

It was DELICIOUS, but you could actually feel your arteries clog with every bite.

Bailey
01-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Why am I not shocked?

djones520
01-13-2012, 02:53 PM
My wife made a Paula Deen recipe for zucchini bread when they were in season and everybody gives them away.

It was DELICIOUS, but you could actually feel your arteries clog with every bite.

On the Cooking Channel I believe, her son has a show where he takes her recipes, and makes them healthy. One episode I saw she tasted them afterwards and seemed to like them.

linda22003
01-13-2012, 03:09 PM
She may have real trouble making the changes she needs to make, with her proclivities for bad foods.

jendf
01-13-2012, 03:56 PM
She may have real trouble making the changes she needs to make, with her proclivities for bad foods.

She's not going to make any changes. She's made her living on creating fat-laden recipes. Now she's going to peddle a drug company that makes her diabetes medicine. God forbid she try eating a little less butter and a few more veggies.

jendf
01-13-2012, 06:02 PM
10 Recipes That Probably Gave Paula Deen Diabetes (http://collegecandy.com/2012/01/13/10-recipes-that-probably-gave-paula-deen-diabetes/#photo=1)

:eek:

RobJohnson
01-17-2012, 01:42 AM

Sounds great. A treat like that once in a while is always ok in moderation, sorta like a trip we took! :D

RobJohnson
01-17-2012, 01:43 AM
She's not going to make any changes. She's made her living on creating fat-laden recipes. Now she's going to peddle a drug company that makes her diabetes medicine. God forbid she try eating a little less butter and a few more veggies.

Just think of all the family owned dairy farms she is keeping in business! :D

Zafod
01-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Oh good grief.

Fat doesn't make you fat.

noonwitch
01-17-2012, 10:38 AM
My great-grandmother made apple struedel, among other things. She was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in her 50s and lived to be 85, which is a long life for her generation (although her son/my grandpa is going to be 99 this summer). She continued to make struedel for everyone else. She wouldn't serve it without tasting it first to make sure it was okay. She would then spit out the little piece she tasted so she wouldn't cheat on her diabetic diet.

I don't think Paula Deen is capable of that level of self-control. I know I'm not.

Novaheart
01-17-2012, 01:30 PM
My great-grandmother made apple struedel, among other things. She was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in her 50s and lived to be 85, which is a long life for her generation (although her son/my grandpa is going to be 99 this summer). She continued to make struedel for everyone else. She wouldn't serve it without tasting it first to make sure it was okay. She would then spit out the little piece she tasted so she wouldn't cheat on her diabetic diet.

I don't think Paula Deen is capable of that level of self-control. I know I'm not.

You would be surprised what you will do with a little dedication. I also have "eaten" something and then spit it out. It isn't the most graceful of things to do, but it helps train your mind to understand that the "treats" in our lives which are harmful, aren't really all that important to us.

What's worse is not spitting it out, and realizing that what you have just eaten is now in your system and there is nothing you can do about it. You are a failure. By doing chew and spew, you can get the yen out of your system.

NJCardFan
01-17-2012, 06:15 PM
You would be surprised what you will do with a little dedication. I also have "eaten" something and then spit it out. It isn't the most graceful of things to do, but it helps train your mind to understand that the "treats" in our lives which are harmful, aren't really all that important to us.

What's worse is not spitting it out, and realizing that what you have just eaten is now in your system and there is nothing you can do about it. You are a failure. By doing chew and spew, you can get the yen out of your system.

There's a joke in there I'm just going to leave alone.

RobJohnson
01-19-2012, 02:55 AM
There's a joke in there I'm just going to leave alone.

:applause: