PDA

View Full Version : Zeroing Out Aid

Apocalypse
01-14-2012, 12:06 AM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/Dispel_Illusions/obamaisraellie-550x410.png

Any one spot the stupid liberal trick here from Obama?

JB
01-14-2012, 09:02 PM
I only spot the red x, bud.

Apocalypse
01-14-2012, 09:11 PM
#$%^ web hosting

Artois
01-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Clever, and unfortunately it's true... if you take what was said directly. Pretty good pun on the campaign rhetoric that's being spewed.

Unfortunately... people buy into this rhetoric... :(

Apocalypse
01-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Clever, and unfortunately it's true... if you take what was said directly. Pretty good pun on the campaign rhetoric that's being spewed.

Unfortunately... people buy into this rhetoric... :(
Where are you getting your facts? The DUmp?

Nothing in it is true. In fact Politifact a left leaning website has even called "Pants On Fire" lie for this.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/jan/11/barack-obama/barack-obama-campaign-says-romney-perry-gingrich-w/

Our ruling

The Obama campaign said, "Mitt Romney, Rick Perry, and Newt Gingrich all say they would cut foreign aid to Israel — and every other country — to zero." We find that a ridiculous distortion of their positions on this extremely sensitive issue.

First, the plan discussed in the foreign policy debate means only that future aid levels for Israel would be subject to negotiations, starting from a baseline of zero rather than the current level. A funding level of zero would be only a theoretical starting point, not an end point, just as easily leaving Israel with higher funding rather than lower.

Second, to varying degrees, the candidates pledged that they personally would either advocate "substantial" funding for Israel (Perry), an exemption from the policy for Israel (Romney), or an automatic waiver due to agreements already in force (Gingrich). None of the candidates actually said they supported making Israel’s funding level zero.

Finally, the Obama campaign misleadingly used the term "zeroing out" instead of accurately describing it as "zero-based" budgeting, making the three-sentence statement wrong in three different ways. Pants-On-Fire!

Artois
01-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Where are you getting your facts? The DUmp?

Nothing in it is true. In fact Politifact a left leaning website has even called "Pants On Fire" lie for this.

I stated, if you stated what was said directly. Which is true, especially if taken out of context:

The foreign aid budget in my administration for every country is going to start at zero dollars.

What he said made absolutely perfect sense.

One of the things we have to do with our foreign aid commitments, the ongoing foreign aid commitments -- I agree with Gov. Perry. You start everything at zero.

FWIW: I wholeheartedly agree with the position of Perry, Gingrich, and Romney that foreign aid should be restructured and started at zero. Requiring an individual case to be made for the restoration of any aid packages, granted that wouldn't be on my urgent priority list. Edit: I'm pondering this a bit and actually changing my position. It wouldn't be proper to go back on previous agreements that may have been made. However an analysis of al all aid packages and reasoning should be in order.

I agree that the political rhetoric spewed by the Obama Campaign over this is vile albeit slightly humorous, if people didn't take it so serious.