PDA

View Full Version : Mitt (Flip) Romney's Abortion "Issues" Page is BLANK!

mike128
01-16-2012, 07:35 AM
Massachusetts Liberal Flip-Flop Romney's page on the issue of abortion has been left BLANK! It's not like I got a server error when I entered the term 'abortion' after the /issues/ tag. Instead, I got a BLANK PAGE!

For South Carolina social conservatives, I would be VERY concerned about this. It's not just that this page on abortion has been left blank, it's also the fact that there is NO link on Flip Romney's web site as to where he really stands on the issue of abortion. I still believe that Mitt Romney is fully PRO-ABORTION. And social conservatives that believe Romney's rhetoric that he has 'converted' are, unfortunately, suckers, who are all to willing to believe anything they hear.

Here's the link:
http://www.mittromney.com/issues/abortion

Sorry to be so harsh, but I just call it as I see it.

linda22003
01-16-2012, 08:34 AM
It's never been higher than about fifth as a voting issue in polls, and this year it matters even less.

djones520
01-16-2012, 08:56 AM
It's never been higher than about fifth as a voting issue in polls, and this year it matters even less.

It's made it that high even?

txradioguy
01-16-2012, 09:37 AM
It's made it that high even?

Always a low priority issue with voters but #1 on the scare tactic list used by the left every election cycle.

linda22003
01-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Always a low priority issue with voters but #1 on the scare tactic list used by the left every election cycle.

And #1 on the "hope/believe" tactic list used by social conservatives, who seem to think they can vet candidates according to the issue. :rolleyes:

Starbuck
01-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I don't much care what is abortion position is. He's running for President, not King.

Adam Wood
01-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Does anyone have any plans to challenge Roe v. Wade in the Supreme Court in the next four years?

No?

Then this is a complete non-issue.

Zathras
01-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Massachusetts Liberal Flip-Flop Romney's page on the issue of abortion has been left BLANK! It's not like I got a server error when I entered the term 'abortion' after the /issues/ tag. Instead, I got a BLANK PAGE!

For South Carolina social conservatives, I would be VERY concerned about this. It's not just that this page on abortion has been left blank, it's also the fact that there is NO link on Flip Romney's web site as to where he really stands on the issue of abortion. I still believe that Mitt Romney is fully PRO-ABORTION. And social conservatives that believe Romney's rhetoric that he has 'converted' are, unfortunately, suckers, who are all to willing to believe anything they hear.

Here's the link:

Sorry to be so harsh, but I just call it as I see it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/deadhorse.jpg

rjas77
01-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Does anyone have any plans to challenge Roe v. Wade in the Supreme Court in the next four years?

No?

Then this is a complete non-issue.

No chit...and if it does get overturned..which it won't it will go to the states

JB
01-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Massachusetts Liberal Flip-Flop Romney...Mike, Mitt's going to be the guy. Maybe you should start thinking about some Xanax or Scotch within the next couple of weeks.

mike128
01-19-2012, 03:34 AM
Mike, Mitt's going to be the guy. Maybe you should start thinking about some Xanax or Scotch within the next couple of weeks.
I actually prefer Vodka/Tonics, but Xanax doesn't sound like such a bad idea. But I'll save all that for when Obama gets 4 more years to destroy this country, because Flip-Flop Romney, who is really Obama-lite, won't be able to get conservatives to show up at the polls in November. I'm certainly not showing up for Mr. Flip!

Zathras
01-19-2012, 04:17 AM
I actually prefer Vodka/Tonics, but Xanax doesn't sound like such a bad idea. But I'll save all that for when Obama gets 4 more years to destroy this country, because Flip-Flop Romney, who is really Obama-lite, won't be able to get conservatives to show up at the polls in November. I'm certainly not showing up for Mr. Flip!

JB
01-21-2012, 05:48 AM

Here's the link:

Sorry to be so harsh, but I just call it as I see it.Actually this is pretty funny. It turns out that Flip's position on cannibalism and whether or not he can beat Obama are also unclear.

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/cannibalism

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/canmittbeatobama

Blank pages and not 404's. :D

mike128
01-21-2012, 06:19 AM
Actually this is pretty funny. It turns out that Flip's position on cannibalism and whether or not he can beat Obama are also unclear.

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/cannibalism

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/canmittbeatobama

Blank pages and not 404's. :D
OK, there is obviously something wrong with Flip Romney's website. You made your point, JB. But that STILL doesn't change the fact that Flip Romney doesn't have a single opinion about his stance on abortion on his entire website. Perhaps that's because he will take whatever position that will get him a win in any given election. Which is why nobody can trust a flip-flopper like Mitt Romney. Governor Mike Huckabee even said himself (about Romney) that anyone that will lie to win an election, will also lie while in office. I paraphrased that, of course. But the meaning is exactly the same.

JB
01-21-2012, 06:27 AM
You made your point, JB. But that STILL doesn't change the fact that Flip Romney doesn't have a single opinion about his stance on abortion on his entire website.Actually, I wasn't trying to make a point mike. I agree with you that he should have his stance regarding abortion on his website.

I just thought it was funny that a person could put anything into that URL and it would return a page exactly the same as his abortion page. Or his cannibalism page. :p

Zathras
01-21-2012, 02:07 PM
OK, there is obviously something wrong with Flip Romney's website. You made your point, JB. But that STILL doesn't change the fact that Flip Romney doesn't have a single opinion about his stance on abortion on his entire website. Perhaps that's because he will take whatever position that will get him a win in any given election. Which is why nobody can trust a flip-flopper like Mitt Romney. Governor Mike Huckabee even said himself (about Romney) that anyone that will lie to win an election, will also lie while in office. I paraphrased that, of course. But the meaning is exactly the same.

Odysseus
01-21-2012, 03:22 PM

Then you guarantee that Obama will win, instead of working to ensure that Romney understands that he needs conservative support, not just to get into the White House, but to be effective there and remain there for two terms. You don't want to see any solution, so instead you're making sure that you're part of the problem.

Zathras
01-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Then you guarantee that Obama will win, instead of working to ensure that Romney understands that he needs conservative support, not just to get into the White House, but to be effective there and remain there for two terms. You don't want to see any solution, so instead you're making sure that you're part of the problem.

Which is what I believe DUmbass128 wants in the first place. I do not believe one bit that he's a conservative at all, especially after declaring he wanted Brown to win the govenorship here in California.

Adam Wood
01-23-2012, 04:59 PM
OK, there is obviously something wrong with Flip Romney's website. You made your point, JB. But that STILL doesn't change the fact that Flip Romney doesn't have a single opinion about his stance on abortion on his entire website. Perhaps that's because he will take whatever position that will get him a win in any given election. Which is why nobody can trust a flip-flopper like Mitt Romney. Governor Mike Huckabee even said himself (about Romney) that anyone that will lie to win an election, will also lie while in office. I paraphrased that, of course. But the meaning is exactly the same.Pardon me while I re-direct you to reality:

No?

Then this is a complete non-issue.Abortion is meaningless this time around. Give it up.

Odysseus
01-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Which is what I believe DUmbass128 wants in the first place. I do not believe one bit that he's a conservative at all, especially after declaring he wanted Brown to win the govenorship here in California.

The only reason that a conservative would want Brown to be governor of California is if he wanted to punish them, and didn't think that earthquakes were sufficient.

Rockntractor
01-23-2012, 05:56 PM
I am kind of at the point where if liberals want to destroy their offspring there isn't much I can do to stop them.

Zathras
01-23-2012, 11:39 PM
The only reason that a conservative would want Brown to be governor of California is if he wanted to punish them, and didn't think that earthquakes were sufficient.

Which is the exact reason I believe DUmbass128's claim to be a conservative to be a blatant and outright lie.

fettpett
01-23-2012, 11:45 PM
Which is the exact reason I believe DUmbass128's claim to be a conservative to be a blatant and outright lie.

QFT

linda22003
01-24-2012, 10:07 AM
I am kind of at the point where if liberals want to destroy their offspring there isn't much I can do to stop them.

I love the assumption that conservative women NEVER have abortions... and it's not true. :p

Bailey
01-24-2012, 10:14 AM
I love the assumption that conservative women NEVER have abortions... and it's not true. :p

Funny I didn't read an assumption in there.:confused:

I am sure there are misguided conservative women out there that have abortions.

linda22003
01-24-2012, 10:33 AM
Funny I didn't read an assumption in there.:confused:

I am sure there are misguided conservative women out there that have abortions.

"If liberals want to destroy their offspring" indicated only one side of the political spectrum.

Rockntractor
01-24-2012, 10:52 AM

Assuming a title doesn't make you something, you also have to posses the attributes.

Bailey
01-24-2012, 10:52 AM
"If liberals want to destroy their offspring" indicated only one side of the political spectrum.

Well by and large they do, thats like saying "the sky is blue" That doesnt preclude the other.

linda22003
01-24-2012, 10:59 AM
The only thing that really matters is - is it an election issue this year? No.

Rockntractor
01-24-2012, 11:05 AM

I think we established that a few weeks back but their are still a few that push it to the front despite the fact that all republican candidates with the exception of great great grandpa are pro life.

Rockntractor
01-24-2012, 11:08 AM

Reading that sentence was like chewing broken glass, you must have gotten your panties in a bind!:confused:

Novaheart
01-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Yesterday I saw a car with a bumper sticker which read, "You can't be a Christian and be pro-abortion."

Given the location of the car, I wish I had pulled along side and told the driver, "Where I am from, you can't be a Christian and be an alcoholic." He was parked outside the liquor store.

Rockntractor
01-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Yesterday I saw a car with a bumper sticker which read, "You can't be a Christian and be pro-abortion."

Given the location of the car, I wish I had pulled along side and told the driver, "Where I am from, you can't be a Christian and be an alcoholic." He was parked outside the liquor store.

I see what you mean, of course drinking any adult beverage would automatically make you an alcoholic and that is almost identical to having an abortion.

Arroyo_Doble
01-24-2012, 11:39 AM
I see what you mean, of course drinking any adult beverage would automatically make you an alcoholic and that is almost identical to having an abortion.

He must not come from Baptist Oklahoma. One drink is enough.

Rebel Yell
01-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Not this again.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb389/psych-you2/Gifs/anger.gif

Novaheart
01-24-2012, 11:52 AM

Another heathen heard from.

linda22003
01-24-2012, 12:05 PM
I think we established that a few weeks back but their are still a few that push it to the front despite the fact that all republican candidates with the exception of great great grandpa are pro life.

"Their" instead of "there" and you say my sentences are "broken glass" to read? :p
I'm not sure who you mean by "great great grandpa" among the Republican candidates. The oldest is Ron Paul, and he's also pro life.

Rockntractor
01-24-2012, 12:16 PM
"Their" instead of "there" and you say my sentences are "broken glass" to read? :p

Sentence was singular deer.

Odysseus
01-24-2012, 12:25 PM

So, what did Jesus turn the water into? Evian?

Arroyo_Doble
01-24-2012, 12:29 PM

According to some Baptists I know, grape juice.

Odysseus
01-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Roe V. Wade is always an election issue, because it speaks to the trend of judges writing laws instead of interpreting them. A president who is pro-abortion will appoint judges who will uphold Roe, which means that they will also impose other judicial rulings that raise their own prejudices or ideas above the will of the electorate or their representatives. A president who is pro-life cannot act on that without a reversal of Roe, which requires an originalist view of the Constitution.

Rockntractor
01-24-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure who you mean by "great great grandpa" among the Republican candidates. The oldest is Ron Paul, and he's also pro life.

Ron Paul is not strictly pro life.
http://prolifeprofiles.com/ronpaul

fettpett
01-24-2012, 06:44 PM

grape juice :D

Arroyo_Doble
01-24-2012, 06:55 PM
grape juice :D

Yes. It is "new wine." That is what He turned the water into.

Then again, the Baptists never really explain why the disciples were accused of being drunk on it :D

linda22003
01-24-2012, 09:11 PM

A lot of pro lifers say they think it should have been left to the states. This presumes they know that some states would choose for it to be legal.

Novaheart
01-24-2012, 09:18 PM

Whatever it was, he didn't do it in Melson's.

Novaheart
01-24-2012, 09:22 PM

Then again, the Baptists never really explain why the disciples were accused of being drunk on it :D

One of the more amusing excuses I have heard was a Baptist on AOL who said, "Wine wasn't as potent back then." Fortunately, a person from Sonoma was on hand to explain exactly how fermentation works and the uniformity of alcohol content in unfortified wine. Something about yeasts eating sugar and crapping alcohol until the bottle has so much alcohol that it kills the yeast.

mike128
01-25-2012, 04:24 AM
Why would any conservative even consider voting for Ron Paul?? He's NOT a conservative. His foreign policy is to the left of Obama's. He's eating up 10-12% of the Republican primary vote. And he's obviously NOT pro-life. So I don't get it! :confused:

fettpett
01-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Why would any conservative even consider voting for Ron Paul?? He's NOT a conservative. His foreign policy is to the left of Obama's. He's eating up 10-12% of the Republican primary vote. And he's obviously NOT pro-life. So I don't get it! :confused:

now see, was that too hard?

Odysseus
01-25-2012, 09:22 AM

I believe that Michael Jackson called it "Jesus juice."

A lot of pro lifers say they think it should have been left to the states. This presumes they know that some states would choose for it to be legal.

This is true. But, that is on their heads, and they will have to deal with the consequences, one of which is that as population declines, so does political power. Between the natural exodus of people following jobs (which tend to flee blue states for red ones) and the lower birthrates in the states with the most liberal abortion laws, population decline is going to be a major issue for the left. One of the reasons for the Civil War was the north's overwhelming advantage in population/congressional representation, which meant that they were constantly imposing economic policies on the south that restricted their commerce. Imagine what will happen when the red states are in the same position as the northern states and the blue states are in the same position as the south.

fettpett
01-25-2012, 09:26 AM

It should have been. Roe v Wade a horrible court decision, basically making up law on the spot instead of staying within the law.

there were problems associated with abortion, mostly that it was unsafe for the mother, those were issues that could have been fixed.

Zathras
01-25-2012, 04:15 PM

:party:

Adam Wood
01-25-2012, 05:05 PM
A lot of pro lifers say they think it should have been left to the states. This presumes they know that some states would choose for it to be legal.Exactly. Whoever these Pro Life Profiles people are, they're no better than NARAL in their wanting to shove policy down the throats of all Americans by dictate from the Beltway.

The right answer is to send it back to the states and let them decide for themselves.