PDA

View Full Version : Mark Levin: ‘Obama and Democratic Party Have Become Fanatical Utopians’

txradioguy
01-17-2012, 03:07 AM
(CNSNews.com) - Mark Levin says that President Barack Obama and the contemporary Democratic Party have become “fanatical Utopians” who recognize no limits on government spending, taxation or regulation.

Levin made the observation in an interview with CNSNews.com about his new book, “Ameritopia: The Unmaking of America.”

“The name of the book is ‘Ameritopia’ because I believe we live today not in the American republic, founded by our forefathers, we live in an Ameritopia,” Levin told CNSNews.com.

“Look around in your house,” said Levin. “You can’t even decide what light bulb to put in your house or showerhead or toilet. Open your medicine cabinet. Everything in there is regulated. Look at your electronics. Every single electronic device you have has some government stamp of approval. Washing machines, dryers, toasters, the gypsum board that is used to build your home, the roofing tile that is on your house, whether you can actually build a house on a particular piece of property that you own, all of this is regulated and managed by government.”

“Is this a constitutional republic?” asked Levin. “What is it? It’s an Ameritopia.”

“The problem with Ameritopia, or any Utopia, is that it doesn’t end well--unless the people do something about it, because there is no end to it,” said Levin.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/mark-levin-obama-and-democratic-party-have-become-fanatical-utopians

Janice
01-17-2012, 08:32 AM
HE CONTINUES ... “The fanatics-- which is what Obama and the Democratic Party have become, fanatical utopians--there is no end to what they want to do,” he said. “There is no end to the spending, the taxes and the regulating.

“How do we know when we’ve reached this fantasy?” he said. “How do we know that we achieved whatever it is we are supposed to achieve? Where are the designs? Where is this written? There are no designs and it isn’t written. The one thing we know for sure is that the circle of liberty for the individual gets tighter and tighter and tighter and tighter.”

--------------------------------------------

Levin is spot on as usual. He actually finished writing this book about 6 months ago as I understand it.

Tipsycatlover
01-17-2012, 10:49 AM
There is no end to what they want to do because they are mentally ill.

Novaheart
01-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Mark Luh-vinn is an audio irritant.

Arroyo_Doble
01-17-2012, 01:16 PM

The guy is a riot.

Look at the quote in the OP. He is upset that we can't buy snake oil for our Cerebritis.

Novaheart
01-17-2012, 01:26 PM
The guy is a riot.

Look at the quote in the OP. He is upset that we can't buy snake oil for our Cerebritis.

His soul sister must be Monica Crowley. She complains about food labeling and truth in menu laws. She actually said that she doesn't want to know how what's in the crap she's eating.

Arroyo_Doble
01-17-2012, 01:40 PM
His soul sister must be Monica Crowley. She complains about food labeling and truth in menu laws. She actually said that she doesn't want to know how what's in the crap she's eating.

He rails against the Leviathan with an anger that is only matched by his adoration and worship of Reagan.

It can be fun in moderation.

Ranger Rick
01-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Oh you two are pretty silly.

He scares you, doesn't he.

Arroyo_Doble
01-17-2012, 01:54 PM

No. Not really. He is schtick as far as I am concerned. He is selling a product. Mostly ears, but in this particular case he is selling his book. If people buy into it, that is their problem. A generic propagandist.

But I like that kind of stuff. Here's a good rant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jQT7_rVxAE

Starbuck
01-17-2012, 02:40 PM
George Carlin. What a hoot.

I don't like him much, though. It seems as though his biting sarcasm only works when there is no one like Gingrich around who will hand him his hat.

I don't listen to Carlin. But I'm fair because I don't listen to Levin, either. Or Rush. Or Obama...............did I leave any comedians or entertainers out?:D

Rockntractor
01-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Must really piss you off that he's correct in what he says too huh?

You are reading her wrong, she is referring to Obama.

txradioguy
01-17-2012, 03:57 PM
You are reading her wrong, she is referring to Obama.

Crap quoted the wrong person...let me fix that.:(

Novaheart
01-17-2012, 03:57 PM

The man screams into the microphone, gets himself all worked up, and hangs up on people who are presenting their case in a civil manner. He's an entertainer who makes his money by being obnoxious and sounding knowledgeable to some folks. I can't listen to him (or Amy Goodman or Lawrence Odonnel) for more than a few minutes.

txradioguy
01-17-2012, 03:58 PM

Hawkgirl
01-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Mark Levin is hilarious and the reason he is disliked by the libs is that he doesn't take any crap when they call. He is indeed, the Great One.

Novaheart
01-17-2012, 10:35 PM

He is occasionally correct, but I have to hear it while I can still stand it. The man is aware that he has an irritating voice and style and he does it anyway.

Novaheart
01-17-2012, 10:38 PM
No. Not really. He is schtick as far as I am concerned. He is selling a product. Mostly ears, but in this particular case he is selling his book.

You forgot gold scams, credit protection scams, cloud back up, Hillsdale College, Christian credit counseling, and viaticals.

SaintLouieWoman
01-17-2012, 11:32 PM
The man is smart enough that the other day he said he'd vote for an orange juice can over voting for Obama. That's how I feel.

After selling office equipment to the feds for over 30 years, I strongly believe that they are incapable of managing anything. The longer I sold to the government, the more conservative I have become. The Great One is correct in his disdain for the power grab of the government. The Obama regime has led it to absurd heights.

Novaheart
01-18-2012, 01:12 AM
The man is smart enough that the other day he said he'd vote for an orange juice can over voting for Obama. That's how I feel.

After selling office equipment to the feds for over 30 years, I strongly believe that they are incapable of managing anything. The longer I sold to the government, the more conservative I have become. The Great One is correct in his disdain for the power grab of the government. The Obama regime has led it to absurd heights.

I can't help but think that there have to be better choices than the ones we expect to face in November. Seriously, Gringich, Romney and Obama? These men cannot possibly be the best the country has to offer. Maybe we actually have allowed the election process to be so undesirable that a decent man won't even try.

Rockntractor
01-18-2012, 01:20 AM
Maybe we actually have allowed the election process to be so undesirable that a decent man won't even try.

That certainly has to have some effect .

txradioguy
01-18-2012, 05:31 AM
Originally Posted by Novaheart
Maybe we actually have allowed the election process to be so undesirable that a decent man won't even try.

It's happening now thanks to the constant slanderous attacks by the media and the professional left on anyone in the GOP that should run.

AmPat
01-18-2012, 09:49 AM
The man screams into the microphone, gets himself all worked up, and hangs up on people who are presenting their case in a civil manner. He's an entertainer who makes his money by being obnoxious and sounding knowledgeable to some folks. I can't listen to him (or Amy Goodman or Lawrence Odonnel) for more than a few minutes.

No, let's at least try to be honest.

He "hangs up" on idiots and bumblers who fail to make their case. He hangs up on those who waste his valuable air time by not having their point well presented or those that spout the usual liberal lies that he already exposed and destroyed by those pesky fact thingies. He would hang up on, well, You.

Odysseus
01-18-2012, 11:10 AM
No. Not really. He is schtick as far as I am concerned. He is selling a product. Mostly ears, but in this particular case he is selling his book. If people buy into it, that is their problem. A generic propagandist.
Have you actually read any of his books? His radio persona aside, Levin is actually a very sharp thinker whose knowledge of the history of US and common law is extremely deep. Liberty and Tyranny wasn't a shrill polemic, but a very well thought out discussion of the trends in Constitutional law and the underlying philosophical differences between the various interpretations of it. You should read it before you dismiss him.

Fresh or concentrate? Nevermind, either would be preferable. :D

I can't help but think that there have to be better choices than the ones we expect to face in November. Seriously, Gringich, Romney and Obama? These men cannot possibly be the best the country has to offer. Maybe we actually have allowed the election process to be so undesirable that a decent man won't even try.

We have.

We used to have better candidates before the rise of media-driven primaries and caucuses turned elections into national popularity contests. The primaries prior to the TV era involved election of electors, who were pledged to vote for a candidate on the first ballot, but if a front runner didn't show, were free to vote their own way on subsequent balllots. They had to be persuaded and aligned, just like congress members on a bill. The nominating conventions more closely mirrored the kind of deal-making that goes on in Washington, and an effective candidate had to be able to broker and maintain support for his candidacy, rather than simply showing up to be anointed. As a result, we got politicians who might have been less photogenic, but who had a far greater grasp of the issues and were able to function effectively.

Given that the delegates were likely to mirror the ideology of the people who elected them, they were more likely to pick a candidate who was acceptable to the base, but also had the chops to win the national election.

Rockntractor
01-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Fresh or concentrate? Nevermind, either would be preferable. :D

I wish I could get old shoe off the ground.:mad:

Janice
01-18-2012, 11:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/9Exv8.jpg

The GOP allows open primaries to weed out the decent ones early on ... combined with the anal exam freely provided by the media (to the exclusion of their favorite milk toast moderates). The GOP elite, the DNC and the MSMedia are on the same page on this matter.

It makes no sense for constitutionally minded citizens, but that is how it is. We cant allow real change, to the benefit of personal liberty to include limited government to come into the picture to impede the ruling class and upset the gravy train can we?

Tipsycatlover
01-18-2012, 02:16 PM
I saw an interview with him. It was interesting to see how well researched his material is, and to find out that at the time of the founding of this nation, the founders knew that the Constitution would not last forever. Eventually Americans would vote for tyranny. Which is a big part of his book Ameritopia. All civiilzations advance to a point, then vote for tyranny. Tyranny is the only thing that promises utopia.

txradioguy
01-18-2012, 03:51 PM
I saw an interview with him. It was interesting to see how well researched his material is, and to find out that at the time of the founding of this nation, the founders knew that the Constitution would not last forever. Eventually Americans would vote for tyranny. Which is a big part of his book Ameritopia. All civiilzations advance to a point, then vote for tyranny. Tyranny is the only thing that promises utopia.

QFT.