PDA

View Full Version : Leave Whitey to Die.

JB
09-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Ilsa (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-13-08 02:46 PM
Original message

What I just saw on MSNBC really pissed me off. The Coast Guard
had to do a dangerous rescue of some idiots that wouldn't leave their pier/bait and tackle shop in Galveston. The reporter was able to talk to one of the men rescued, and she asked him if he would leave next time there was an evacuation order. He said he's lived there all his life, so no, he wouldn't leave.

"Well, then don't call the angels to come rescue you at our expense, you stubborn idiot!" is what I'd like to tell him.
He had no fresh water or food stored.Auuuuuuggggghhhhh. Deep breath.

I agree 100 percent. Goes for NOLA too right?
Cassandra (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-13-08 02:48 PM
Response to Original message
1. Was he white enough for that rescue?
Just have to ask.
liberalpress (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-13-08 02:52 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. Pasty white
with a glowing red neckGotta call bullshit on this one. Anyone that works on a pier is tan by now. And since he's lived there his entire life he's been tan for years. Probably leathery.

SarasotaRepub
09-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Need a linky! :D

Bubba Dawg
09-13-2008, 08:31 PM
So, Let Whitey Drown.

It all becomes so clear, doesn't it.

JB
09-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Damn it. I never forget the linky.

Didn't think I would find it in that hell-hole. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3992307)

Katiebug
09-14-2008, 08:41 AM
Allow me to assure the DUmmies that when the Coast Guard goes out, they are focused on one thing - saving lives. It doesn't matter if those in need of rescue did something stupid out on the water; frequently they HAVE done a dumb thing or made a very bad decision. It doesn't matter what color or religion or nationality the person in need of rescue is.

What the heck does the DUmmie think the CG does when there isn't a natural disaster, sit around twiddling their thumbs? There are always people who need to be rescued, ports that need to be secured, aids to navigation that need to be serviced, and drug runners to be stopped.

GrumpyOldLady
09-14-2008, 02:09 PM
"The Coast Guard had to do a dangerous rescue of some idiots that wouldn't leave their pier/bait and tackle shop in Galveston"

I agree that anyone who stayed behind on Galviston during Ike would be an idiot.

So were all the people who stayed behind in New Orleans when Katrina was coming.

Did the DUmpers use racial slurs and call those blacks who stayed behind idiots?

Bet not.

Bubba Dawg
09-14-2008, 02:14 PM
"The Coast Guard had to do a dangerous rescue of some idiots that wouldn't leave their pier/bait and tackle shop in Galveston"

I agree that anyone who stayed behind on Galviston during Ike would be an idiot.

So were all the people who stayed behind in New Orleans when Katrina was coming.

Did the DUmpers use racial slurs and call those blacks who stayed behind idiots?

Bet not.

Classic double standard GOL. Many DUmpsters have compassion for whom they will and everyone else who doesn't meet their particular criteria can go hang.

Shameful, really.

AmPat
09-15-2008, 01:50 AM
The RE (race-etnicity) filter on their RADAR was probably saturated or out of calibration. Otherwise the Coasties would have known on the flyover that it was a Whitey. After they stopped for a visual, they had to perform the rescue.:rolleyes:

Scarlet
09-15-2008, 02:25 AM
All the news I have been watching has been showing the almost 2000 people rescued and waiting to be bused out. There was not a large majority of whites. I dont know what resources there were for people to move it or lose it, did they even try? I'm talking about the residents. They should have used the offer that the Gov. gave them. I really hope every one of those people make it out O.K.
I do think some stayed behind due to their pets. I know I would pack up every one of our's. I dont think a bus would take them, or a shelter would let them in. Then I see a story of the Houston SPCA taking care of 200 baby squirrles. That energy and time could have been used to help pets of older residents who were ordered to evacuate. My previous job at a vet hosp. was wildlife rehab. So I am not heartless against squirrles. I just think someone's grandmas little kitty kitty takes presidence. That may be all she has to go home to.
________
Vaporizer (http://twitter.com/vaporizer)

cat714
09-15-2008, 03:21 AM
I don't understand why people try to ride out a hurricane. Ever since Katrina, race always comes into play when a natural disaster hits...particularly in the gulf coast states.