PDA

View Full Version : another medical WTF

namvet
01-20-2012, 07:03 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/472505/thumbs/r-ORLAND-NAIL-IN-HEAD-large570.jpg

some have all the luck. this would have killed me

A suburban Chicago man is recovering at a local hospital after accidentally shooting himself with a nail gun - and not noticing the 3 inch nail lodged in his brain for more than 24 hours.

Dante Autullo, 32, was working in his garage Tuesday when he fired a nail gun and one of the shots sent the gun near his head, the SouthtownStar reports. He thought he just had a gash from the gun, and didn't realize anything was wrong until the next day.

Autullo went to work the next day, but later went to the hospital after complaining of nausea and a bad headache.

"They were shocked because he was walking and talking and he had it in for 36 hours," Autullo's mother told the Southtown. "I hoped that it wasn't going to be as bad as it looked."

Doctors at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn were able to remove the nail from the Orland Park man's skull, the Chicago Tribune reports. They replaced a piece of his skull with a mesh patch and titanium plate.

The father of four was doing well Thursday.

"It's a miracle," his fiancee told the Southtown. "Un-freaking-believable."

link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/20/dante-autullo-shoots-35-i_n_1219232.html?ref=chicago&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D129110)

JB
01-20-2012, 08:25 PM
I can absolutely see the potential for this happening, having worked with these things in the past.

Dude is lucky, that's for sure.

Articulate_Ape
01-21-2012, 12:45 AM
I can absolutely see the potential for this happening, having worked with these things in the past.

Dude is lucky, that's for sure.

Thank you for explaining your posts here. We understand now.

SarasotaRepub
01-21-2012, 12:57 AM
Gives new meaning to being a brain dead moron...:D

AmPat
01-21-2012, 01:34 PM
This story is amazing, just look at the facts as presented:

The father of four was doing well Thursday.

"It's a miracle," his fiancee told the Southtown. "Un-freaking-believable."

"Un-freaking-believable" is right.:D

Kay
01-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Gives new meaning to "pinhead"

djones520
01-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Thank you for explaining your posts here. We understand now.

You win the internet. :rotfl: