PDA

View Full Version : Some things are just plain stupid.

Lanie
01-21-2012, 12:15 AM
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/couple-finally-reveals-childs-gender-five-years-birth-180300388.html

Laxton, a UK-based web editor, and her partner, Cooper, decided to keep Sasha's sex a secret when he was still in the womb. The birth announcement stated the gender-neutral name of their child, but skipped the big reveal. Up until recently, the couple only told a few close friends and family members that Sasha was a boy and managed to keep the rest of the world in the dark. But now that he's starting school the secret's out.

For years, Becks has been referring to her child, the youngest of three, as "the infant" on her personal blog. But guarding the public from her son's gender was only part of her quest to let her kid just be a kid.

Sasha dresses in clothes he likes -- be it a hand-me-downs from his sister or his brother. The big no-no's are hyper-masculine outfits like skull-print shirts and cargo pants. In one photo, sent to friends and family, Sasha's dressed in a shiny pink girl's swimsuit. "Children like sparkly things," says Beck. "And if someone thought Sasha was a girl because he was wearing a pink swimming costume, then what effect would that have? "

Articulate_Ape
01-21-2012, 12:22 AM
Stupidity is one of the pillars of natural selection. I, therefore, see no reason to impede it in any way.

Novaheart
01-21-2012, 02:12 AM
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/couple-finally-reveals-childs-gender-five-years-birth-180300388.html

Joan Baez once said that people were often surprised to find that her parents weren't liberals. She said that had her parents been hippies, she probably would have joined the Marine Corp. An excellent observation about human nature.

Want your kid to be an atheist? Force him to go to church.

Rockntractor
01-21-2012, 02:20 AM
Joan Baez once said that people were often surprised to find that her parents weren't liberals. She said that had her parents been hippies, she probably would have joined the Marine Corp. An excellent observation about human nature.

Your mother is liberal, you're a liberal.

Novaheart
01-21-2012, 02:34 AM
Your mother is liberal, you're a liberal.

My mother is a very liberal Democrat, I am a fascist who calls himself a conservative Democrat.

Lanie
01-21-2012, 09:49 AM

Okay, so should you allow your kids to do whatever?

BTW, being forced to go to church is a dumb reason to become an atheist. Being an atheist is supposed to be about whether you think there's God out there, not your parents.

Lanie
01-21-2012, 09:50 AM
On another note, ,little girls clothing is cute. It's really no wonder little boys would want to wear it. It's cuter than boys clothes. It's not about the boy wanting to be a girl. The parent should just explain that little boys don't wear that and then get him the cutest thing out there to wear. lol.

AmPat
01-21-2012, 11:45 AM
On another note, ,little girls clothing is cute. It's really no wonder little boys would want to wear it. It's cuter than boys clothes. It's not about the boy wanting to be a girl. The parent should just explain that little boys don't wear that and then get him the cutest thing out there to wear. lol.

I can't imagine a boy wearing a girl's bikini to be cute. It would be like putting a polish sausage in a hamburger bun. It isn't that there is too much meat, it just doesn't fit well.:o

Rockntractor
01-21-2012, 11:52 AM
My mother is a very liberal Democrat, I am a fascist who calls himself a conservative Democrat.

You hold two views that aren't necessarily owned by conservatives anyway, the war on terror and immigration. The man you voted in for president is undoing these things.
You voted for Bama, you're a libtard!:rolleyes:

Kay
01-21-2012, 11:55 AM
gay

Lanie
01-21-2012, 12:14 PM
gay

He's a kid. I doubt he knows much about sexuality. It's just that thanks to his parents, he's now confused about what's normal and not normal.

Rockntractor
01-21-2012, 12:19 PM
He's a kid. I doubt he knows much about sexuality. It's just that thanks to his parents, he's now confused about what's normal and not normal.

What would be "normal" in your circles?

Kay
01-21-2012, 12:23 PM
I was not referring to the kid,
I meant this whole thread is gay.

Novaheart
01-21-2012, 12:46 PM
I can't imagine a boy wearing a girl's bikini to be cute. It would be like putting a polish sausage in a hamburger bun. It isn't that there is too much meat, it just doesn't fit well.:o

I would agree. When I was a kid, I liked movies set in the Greek, Roman, and Egyptian periods. This would send me to the linen closet for a sheet to make a toga or robe of some sort. By the same token, the dresses in Gone With The Wind were fascinating because of the volume and the hoops. Wearing a girl's swimsuit never interested me. Back before blow dryers, when the girls in the family would put their wet hair up in huge terry cloth towels turned into turbans, I did that despite having a crew cut. It was always about fun, and never about gender confusion.

By the same token, my friend Betty Ann would wear boys' clothes and be a tomboy and no one thought anything of it. She was and is simply a rather butch heterosexual female, quite attractive as well, but what we call "horsey".

Novaheart
01-21-2012, 12:48 PM
You voted for Bama, you're a libtard!:rolleyes:

That was just to piss you off. Did it work?

Wei Wu Wei
01-21-2012, 12:51 PM

I couldn't have put it more perfectly if I tried.

I respect someone who can see themselves clearly.

Rockntractor
01-21-2012, 12:57 PM

Yeah!:mad::)

Lanie
01-21-2012, 02:19 PM
What would be "normal" in your circles?

I don't have a problem with gay. It's abnormal in the sense that it's in the minority, but I really don't have a problem with gays or their rights.

I don't have a problem with drag queens. It is harder for me to grasp, but I accept them too. I'd consider that abnormal because men don't usually wear dresses, but I do accept them.

What I don't accept is trying to make your kids a political or social symbol. Raise your kids "normal" at first and then let them take all the information they get to make their own decisions. If my child wants to be a dragqueen later on in life, I'll love him dearly. As a child though, he's going to dress like a boy. I don't need some kids convincing him he's gay when he's not.

Rockntractor
01-21-2012, 02:25 PM
I don't have a problem with gay. It's abnormal in the sense that it's in the minority, but I really don't have a problem with gays or their rights.

I don't have a problem with drag queens. It is harder for me to grasp, but I accept them too. I'd consider that abnormal because men don't usually wear dresses, but I do accept them.

What I don't accept is trying to make your kids a political or social symbol. Raise your kids "normal" at first and then let them take all the information they get to make their own decisions. If my child wants to be a dragqueen later on in life, I'll love him dearly. As a child though, he's going to dress like a boy. I don't need some kids convincing him he's gay when he's not.

You compartmentalize normal, you have normal and then you have another normal.
Consistency is not strong with you and redefining terms seams to be the normal among libs.

Odysseus
01-21-2012, 04:20 PM

If nothing else, there would have been a folk version of the Marines' Hymn on the charts. :D

Exactly. And eventually, that confusion will contribute to his confusion about his own sexuality. They will be raising a very screwed up kid.

Yes. In fact, it pissed off just about anyone who had hoped for an economic recovery, a strong national defense, integrity in government or any of the other things that Obama not only failed to deliver, but deliberately undermined.

Kay
01-21-2012, 05:30 PM
They will be raising a very screwed up kid.

Especially when he's old enough to realize he was nothing more than a social experiment
to his mother. What kind of people refer to their own child for years as "the infant".

Rockntractor
01-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Especially when he's old enough to realize he was nothing more than a social experiment
to his mother. What kind of people refer to their own child for years as "the infant".

It makes you want to put people like that in a gunny sack and then smooth all the lumps out with a 2x4!

MrsSmith
01-21-2012, 07:57 PM
If they were really raising a "gender neutral" child, they would NOT:

Ban hyper-masculine outfits like skull-print shirts and cargo pants while allowing (or pushing) a shiny pink girl's swimsuit...

Force him to wear a girl's shirt instead of allowing him to chose, ban him from sporting combat trousers.

Encourage him to wear flowery tops at weekends.

Encourage him to play with dolls to hide his masculinity

The then female creature has the absolute nerve to say, "I wouldn't push him in any direction..." Lying female dog!! You have spent years pushing your little boy into girl's clothing and toys while banning his "too masculine" choices!! Were there any "too feminine" choices? The pics with the stories make it clear there weren't. This is NOT raising a gender-neutral child, this is actively forcing a male child to take on feminine traits.

Want to bet a girl child would have been forced to go topless, wear boy's swim trunks, refused dolls, made to wear cargo pants?? I'll bet you anything it would not have happened.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4075523/Its-a-boy-Couple-reveal-sex-of-their-gender-neutral-kid-after-five-years.html

I bet this boy spends half his income at various shrinks trying to fix what his parents did...

Rockntractor
01-21-2012, 08:03 PM
I bet this boy spends half his income at various shrinks trying to fix what his parents did...

He will probably troll on a conservative website and cry when they don't except his lifestyle as normal.

MrsSmith
01-21-2012, 09:14 PM
He will probably troll on a conservative website and cry when they don't except his lifestyle as normal.
I feel terribly sorry for this little guy. His life is going to be horrible at school. School is tough enough on kids allowed to be normal.

Lanie
01-22-2012, 12:14 AM
Consistency is not strong with you and redefining terms seams to be the normal among libs.

I'm not going to condemn something just because it's not in the norm, neither will I stop accepting people as they are. That's the type of consistency you can expect from me.

RobJohnson
01-22-2012, 12:18 AM
I was not referring to the kid,
I meant this whole thread is gay.

That's a relief. I thought you were calling Nova gay. :D

Rockntractor
01-22-2012, 01:54 AM
I feel terribly sorry for this little guy. His life is going to be horrible at school. School is tough enough on kids allowed to be normal.

I am starting to feel sorry for all the kids right now, they are entering a different America then I did.

txradioguy
01-22-2012, 02:40 PM

QFT

Odysseus
01-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Leftist idiots who think that their desires for an androgynous world trump the reality of gender. This is just magical thinking. People are what they are. Biology doesn't conform to our whims, no matter how much someone may want it to.

That's a relief. I thought you were calling Nova gay. :D

You mean, he isn't??? :eek::D

Novaheart
01-22-2012, 03:33 PM
I couldn't have put it more perfectly if I tried.

I respect someone who can see themselves clearly.

It's easy; Celeste has been calling me one for decades.