PDA

View Full Version : Newt Winning SC

fettpett
01-21-2012, 08:25 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/21/gingrich-romney-spar-over-ethics-and-taxes-as-south-carolina-polls-open/

Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney battled into the final moments of the South Carolina primary Saturday, taunting each other with campaign stunts as the candidates anxiously awaited the verdict from the first-in-the-South contest.

The state has a reputation as a tie-breaker in the Republican primaries, often setting the winner on a relatively smooth course to the nomination. But Saturday's contest seemed likely to complicate things. If Newt Gingrich wins, there will have been three distinct winners in the first three contests. If Romney pulls out a victory, it almost certainly will be a close one -- sending the candidates into Florida and beyond in the fight for delegates.

Fox posted on FB that they project him to win. Not a HUGE fan, but I'll take him. The media's hack job on him backfired in their faces. LMAO

mike128
01-21-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm not a big fan of Newt either. But at least I can vote for him in November.

Thank God it wasn't Romney!

fettpett
01-21-2012, 08:41 PM

Shut the fuck up about Romney already.

linda22003
01-21-2012, 08:50 PM
There is dancing and champagne corks are popping in the White House tonight. :rolleyes:

SarasotaRepub
01-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Congrats to the Newtster tonight!!! :thumbsup:

Arroyo_Doble
01-21-2012, 11:15 PM
There is dancing and champagne corks are popping in the White House tonight. :rolleyes:

That ship sailed when Newt communicated that he was going nuclear on Reagan's 11th Commandment after Iowa.

Novaheart
01-21-2012, 11:37 PM
Shut the fuck up about Romney already.

Romney never had a chance. You knew that didn't you?

Novaheart
01-21-2012, 11:38 PM
That ship sailed when Newt communicated that he was going nuclear on Reagan's 11th Commandment after Iowa.

His winner's speech tonight was quite graceful, if not plausibly sincere.

NJCardFan
01-21-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm not a big fan of Newt either. But at least I can vote for him in November.

Did Romney kill your dog or something?

Novaheart
01-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Did Romney kill your dog or something?

Romney will lose Florida.

Hawkgirl
01-22-2012, 12:44 AM
We'll see if he can keep up the momentum in Florida in two weeks. I hope so. Romney runs a lot of ads here.

Zathras
01-22-2012, 12:48 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/deadhorse.jpg

DarkHalo
01-22-2012, 01:45 AM
Back in the 90's I absolutely loved Newt. But. The park bench global warming thing with Pelosi is a deal breaker for me. Sorry, it just is. It says he is a politician willing to jump on any band wagon. Or should I say shit wagon? Another but. Romney is just McCain Jr with a better smile and a lot more money.

Granted either one is obviously better than Dear Leader but damn I am tired of holding my nose to vote for candidates that suck just slightly less than the other guy. Where's the modern day Reagan??? I want to come out of the polling place with a smile on my face rather than a sour grimace and indigestion like I have the last few presidential elections. [/rant]

JB
01-22-2012, 04:52 AM
Thank God it wasn't Romney!Keep up the good work Mike, you are having an impact. We can't just hand this thing to Flip.

I prefer that it was already over but if this goes on long enough, I'm going to buck for a delegate spot.

Tipsycatlover
01-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Romney will lose Florida.

If that happens and Gingrich wins in Florida ike he won in South Carolina, the republican leadership itself will have to rebuild.

SaintLouieWoman
01-22-2012, 05:35 PM
We'll see if he can keep up the momentum in Florida in two weeks. I hope so. Romney runs a lot of ads here.
I'm sick of hearing them already and sick of all the robo phone calls from Romney. Even if I had been a supporter, I'm so tired of the constant barage of hate mail from his PAC against the other candidates that I'm now trying to figure out which one to support---Gingrich or Santorum. It definitely won't be Romney.

DumbAss Tanker
01-22-2012, 05:45 PM

Annoyingly repetitive as Mike's Romney-hate is, it really was Romney's super-PAC that launched that ship, he is only reaping what his mega-wealthy RINO supporters sowed.

Sure, candidates can't legally control super-PACs. But if they go nuts and then the candidate tries to hide behind that legality instead of saying 'Wow, that went too far" to his public audience, he just looks like a weasel.

mike128
01-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Keep up the good work Mike, you are having an impact. We can't just hand this thing to Flip.

I prefer that it was already over but if this goes on long enough, I'm going to buck for a delegate spot.
Thanks, JB. All I want this election cycle is for the Republicans to finally choose a real conservative as their nominee. We tried McCain in 2008, Bob Dole back in 1996, and Bush 41 back in 1992. It didn't work then, and it's not going to work now. The last President we had who was a true conservative was Ronald Reagan, who won two LANDSLIDE elections back in 1980 and in 1984.

I'm sorry if some people don't like this, but I can't possibly see myself supporting Romney if he's the nominee. Romney can't win anyway, because not only will Obama will tear him apart for his multiple flip-flops, but conservatives will not show up for Romney on Election Day.

Newt might have the best chance to beat Obama, because Newt will destroy Obama in the debates. Newt is not my favorite, however. Rick Santorum is my first choice, but he finished too far behind in SC. Either way, we need a real conservative this time around, and Romney is not that person.

fettpett
01-23-2012, 12:44 AM
Thanks, JB. All I want this election cycle is for the Republicans to finally choose a real conservative as their nominee. We tried McCain in 2008, Bob Dole back in 1996, and Bush 41 back in 1992. It didn't work then, and it's not going to work now. The last President we had who was a true conservative was Ronald Reagan, who won two LANDSLIDE elections back in 1980 and in 1984.

I'm sorry if some people don't like this, but I can't possibly see myself supporting Romney if he's the nominee. Romney can't win anyway, because not only will Obama will tear him apart for his multiple flip-flops, but conservatives will not show up for Romney on Election Day.

Newt might have the best chance to beat Obama, because Newt will destroy Obama in the debates. Newt is not my favorite, however. Rick Santorum is my first choice, but he finished too far behind in SC. Either way, we need a real conservative this time around, and Romney is not that person.

how fucking thick is your skull dude?:stfu1: :stfu1::taser:

Zathras
01-23-2012, 02:21 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/HeroesAtWork/deadhorse.jpg

JB
01-23-2012, 08:32 PM
The last President we had who was a true conservative was Ronald ReaganReagan was not a true conservative.
Either way, we need a real conservative this time around, and Romney is not that person.None of them running are. So you have to ask yourself, who is it that can really beat Obama? That's the guy we need to put up there.

You don't think it's Mitt but Newt. And it's not debates that win elections. So don't think Newt can beat Obama because Newt can outdebate him.

Arroyo_Doble
01-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Reagan was not a true conservative.None of them running are. So you have to ask yourself, who is it that can really beat Obama? That's the guy we need to put up there.

You don't think it's Mitt but Newt. And it's not debates that win elections. So don't think Newt can beat Obama because Newt can outdebate him.

Whinging about the media to cover your own flaws and blowing dog whistles to unreconstructed Confederates is only "outdebat[ing]" in a Republican primary.