PDA

View Full Version : Ga. judge orders president to appear at hearing

Teetop
01-21-2012, 11:59 PM
ATLANTA -- A judge has ordered President Barack Obama to appear in court in Atlanta for a hearing on a complaint that says Obama isn't a natural-born citizen and can't be president. (http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/20/4203280/ga-judge-orders-president-to-appear.html#disqus_thread)

:D

Novaheart
01-22-2012, 12:06 AM
Judge Michael Malihi

I want to see his birth certificate.

DarkHalo
01-22-2012, 01:33 AM
Like he will really show up, lol. He has as much contempt for our court system as he does our Constitution. Notice I said *our* not *his*

Novaheart
01-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Like he will really show up, lol. He has as much contempt for our court system as he does our Constitution. Notice I said *our* not *his*

Isn't Congress the only body with authority to command the President to appear?

fettpett
01-22-2012, 12:10 PM

Is the President above the law?

djones520
01-22-2012, 12:13 PM

In short, no. A President can be subpoenaed. Many who have been have used the idea of Executive Privilige to ignore them.

I wouldn't think Executive Privilige covers this item though, but I don't hold a law degree.

Rockntractor
01-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Is the President above the law?

Sometimes yes.

marv
01-22-2012, 12:17 PM
IIRC, the argument is that because his father wasn't a US citizen, Obama can't be a "natural" born citizen even if he is technically a US citizen. I don't have a law degree either.

fettpett
01-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Sometimes yes.

well...they may believe themselves above the law, but they aren't actually above it.

djones520
01-22-2012, 12:21 PM
IIRC, the argument is that because his father wasn't a US citizen, Obama can't be a "natural" born citizen even if he is technically a US citizen. I don't have a law degree either.

I think the explanation I've heard that makes most sense, is that the law at the time of his birth meant that his mother wasn't old enough to confer natural citizen status to him. The American Citizen parent had to have been in the country for X number of years, and she was like a year younger then that.

I still think all of this is a crock of shit though. Last thing we need this election cycle is a distraction like this.

Rockntractor
01-22-2012, 12:30 PM
well...they may believe themselves above the law, but they aren't actually above it.

They don't have to answer to misdemeanors and I think it actually goes deeper than that.

fettpett
01-22-2012, 12:31 PM
I think the explanation I've heard that makes most sense, is that the law at the time of his birth meant that his mother wasn't old enough to confer natural citizen status to him. The American Citizen parent had to have been in the country for X number of years, and she was like a year younger then that.

I still think all of this is a crock of shit though. Last thing we need this election cycle is a distraction like this.

yep, thats the main argument, then there is his adoption by his step-father and move to Indonesia and any possible transfer of citizenship there.

Novaheart
01-22-2012, 12:31 PM

They aren't above the law, but they are immune from certain legal harassment while in office. Otherwise, to effectively render a President helpless all you would have to do is file court cases against him continuously at the ends of the empire.

Novaheart
01-22-2012, 12:33 PM

Agreed. Moreover, as Obama's mother was not legally married to his alleged father, and there is no way to DNA test his father at this time, then Obama is presumptively an American because his only legal parent was American.

Rockntractor
01-22-2012, 12:33 PM
They aren't above the law, but they are immune from certain legal harassment while in office. Otherwise, to effectively render a President helpless all you would have to do is file court cases against him continuously at the ends of the empire.

Exactly, we would have a similar situation to the recall election havoc in Wisconsin.
Partisan politics can quite easily go out of control given the chance.

Lanie
01-22-2012, 12:45 PM
He's already shown his birth certificate. If somebody has *real* evidence that he is from another country, then they need to present it. Otherwise, this is a waste of tax payers money.

fettpett
01-22-2012, 12:47 PM
They don't have to answer to misdemeanors and I think it actually goes deeper than that.

http://law.onecle.com/constitution/article-2/47-presidential-immunity.html

pretty good read on it, even if a bit full of "legalese" and guess you're right

fettpett
01-22-2012, 12:50 PM
He's already shown his birth certificate. If somebody has *real* evidence that he is from another country, then they need to present it. Otherwise, this is a waste of tax payers money.

it's not just a matter of his birth certficiate, though there have been questions about that. there is also some question about his SSN.

djones520
01-22-2012, 12:53 PM
it's not just a matter of his birth certficiate, though there have been questions about that. there is also some question about his SSN.

I don't buy the SSN thing.

As I have just learned in trying to file my taxes, it simply can't be done if you use an incorrect number. The IRS doesn't have my newest sons number in their system, so they will not accept the return with his info.

We have to wait three months, wait for their systems to catch up, and then file an amendment to get the differance in the return that he would give us.

If Obama was using someone elses number all these years, the IRS would have caught it.

fettpett
01-22-2012, 01:02 PM
I don't buy the SSN thing.

As I have just learned in trying to file my taxes, it simply can't be done if you use an incorrect number. The IRS doesn't have my newest sons number in their system, so they will not accept the return with his info.

We have to wait three months, wait for their systems to catch up, and then file an amendment to get the differance in the return that he would give us.

If Obama was using someone elses number all these years, the IRS would have caught it.

not necessarily, look at all the illegals that run around with stolen SSN numbers. The reason you're son isn't in, is due to them just not having the number activated in the system.

Rockntractor
01-22-2012, 01:03 PM
http://law.onecle.com/constitution/article-2/47-presidential-immunity.html

pretty good read on it, even if a bit full of "legalese" and guess you're right

Thanks, I need to read it again, I couldn't remember the details.

djones520
01-22-2012, 01:04 PM
not necessarily, look at all the illegals that run around with stolen SSN numbers. The reason you're son isn't in, is due to them just not having the number activated in the system.

Do they all file taxes with the number though?

They have a system that associates numbers to people. If Obama put someone elses number in with his name, it would catch it.

fettpett
01-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Do they all file taxes with the number though?

They have a system that associates numbers to people. If Obama put someone elses number in with his name, it would catch it.

Idk if they do or not...besides, do we know if he's actually filed any? he hasn't released jacksquat about his personal info except his "birth certificate".

Not saying I believe any of it, just that there is a lot of questionable shit with this dude, he's never released any personal documents, didn't release his BC till he was elected Pres (which he was legally obligated to do as both IL State Senator and US Senator). Just too many questions surrounding him for my taste

Rockntractor
01-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Idk if they do or not...besides, do we know if he's actually filed any? he hasn't released jacksquat about his personal info except his "birth certificate".

Not saying I believe any of it, just that there is a lot of questionable shit with this dude, he's never released any personal documents, didn't release his BC till he was elected Pres (which he was legally obligated to do as both IL State Senator and US Senator). Just too many questions surrounding him for my taste

The main point is that they dog all other candidates for this information yet somehow Bama is aloof and works under a separate set of requirements, Bill Clinton did some of that also.

Novaheart
01-22-2012, 01:28 PM

Just because it starts with "666"?

Novaheart
01-22-2012, 01:30 PM

http://www.taxhistory.org/www/website.nsf/Web/PresidentialTaxReturns

Teetop
01-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Update on the hearing. (http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-politics-elections/no-ruling-in-birther-1318374.html)

SaintLouieWoman
01-31-2012, 03:52 PM
Further update---looks like the Ga judge doesn't like being dissed by the great O and his attorney. They didn't respond. They were warned. Too bad, I'll bet they'll pay attention now and try to appeal. As it stands, they won't be on the ballot in Georgia.

Subject: Fwd: Georgia Judge to Enter a Default against Obama

Here's some more validation........

[2:25:57 PM] JJSmith-Outlaw*:
EXCLUSIVE! BREAKING NEWS!...JUDGE WILL ENTER DEFAULT JUDGMENT AGAINST OBAMA...

OBAMA JUST GOT PUNKED!

I just got off the phone with Dean Haskins who was in the courtroom this morning assisting with the Art 2Pac live stream. Judge Malihi talked to the attorneys in chambers before the hearing this morning and told them that he was going to enter a DEFAULT JUDGMENT against Obama and recommend that Obama's name not be on the Georgia ballot! All of the attorneys expressed a desire to put an abbreviated streamlined case on the record and the judge agreed.
How does the mainstream media spin this?
The Georgia SOS has already indicated that he will follow the judge's recommendation. That means that Obama will not get any popular vote or electors from the great state of Georgia!
Congratulations to all freedom-loving Americans!
http://giveusliberty1776.blogspot.com/2012/01/exclusive-breaking-newsjudge-will-enter.html (http://giveusliberty1776.blogspot.com/2012/01/exclusive-breaking-newsjudge-will-enter.html)

Teetop
01-31-2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks, SLW. I see more states doing this....

NJCardFan
02-01-2012, 01:05 AM
ATLANTA -- A judge has ordered President Barack Obama to appear in court in Atlanta for a hearing on a complaint that says Obama isn't a natural-born citizen and can't be president. (http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/20/4203280/ga-judge-orders-president-to-appear.html#disqus_thread)

:D

Seriously, what would this prove now?

Rockntractor
02-01-2012, 01:09 AM
Seriously, what would this prove now?

It takes him of the ballot, if this goes through the citizens of Ga cannot vote for Obama.