PDA

View Full Version : Primary Delegates

djones520
01-22-2012, 07:40 AM
Can someone explain the process to me?

According to this, Romney has 33 Delegate so far, despite only winning 19 from Iowa and New Hampshire.

http://projects.wsj.com/campaign2012/delegates

A vaguely recall something about Super Delegates, as that was is making up the differance?

Starbuck
01-22-2012, 09:28 AM
I've been trying to follow it, too. Some states, I learned, give all their delegates to the winner if he gets 50% of the votes, minimum. Others split delegates.

The number of delegates from each state varies widely and depends upon such things as whether or not the state has a Republican governor.

But we (you and I) aren't the only ones with varying results. Yesterday I saw results on TV that were very different from the ones you referenced.

Go figure.:confused:

djones520
01-22-2012, 09:50 AM
I've been trying to follow it, too. Some states, I learned, give all their delegates to the winner if he gets 50% of the votes, minimum. Others split delegates.

The number of delegates from each state varies widely and depends upon such things as whether or not the state has a Republican governor.

But we (you and I) aren't the only ones with varying results. Yesterday I saw results on TV that were very different from the ones you referenced.

Go figure.:confused:

Well, I remember hearing that before sometime in March, all states split the delegates between the top two winners.

But yeah this is all just confusing for me.

fettpett
01-22-2012, 11:48 AM
i thought it was proportional....AD did have a couple posts on it a while ago

Kay
01-22-2012, 12:44 PM
The whole GOP primary voting system needs an overall.
All states should hold election on the same day.
Popular vote winner gets all delegates from a particular state.
The one with 51% of the delegates wins nomination.

fettpett
01-22-2012, 12:52 PM
The whole GOP primary voting system needs an overall.
All states should hold election on the same day.
Popular vote winner gets all delegates from a particular state.
The one with 51% of the delegates wins nomination.

it's better than the dumbucrats "super-delegate" shit.

I wouldn't have all on one day, maybe split into 3-4 days over a 2 month period.

Kay
01-22-2012, 01:24 PM
No I still say all on one day just like the federal elections are held.
That's the only way to minimize the media hype influence.