PDA

View Full Version : Former Penn State football coach Joe Paterno has died, his family confirmed Sunday.

SarasotaRepub
01-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Breaking on CNN.com...

Rockntractor
01-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Breaking on CNN...

CNN!:confused::rolleyes:

Bailey
01-22-2012, 11:35 AM
I hope you find peace and I hope in the end you didnt let the haters bring you down. I knew the moment he left his dream job he wouldn't last long. I hope the fucking douche bag college leadership that fired him ROT in hell.

fettpett
01-22-2012, 12:15 PM
I hope you find peace and I hope in the end you didnt let the haters bring you down. I knew the moment he left his dream job he wouldn't last long. I hope the fucking douche bag college leadership that fired him ROT in hell.

yeah, i had that feeling too...it's like the couple thats been married for 60+ years dying within hours/days/weeks/months of each other.

but then again he had cancer so never know if it wouldn't have taken him anyway

Kay
01-22-2012, 12:37 PM

Sorry he died, but no sympathy from me on being fired.
His handling of the whole deal makes him an accomplice in my book.

djones520
01-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Sorry he died, but no sympathy from me on being fired.
His handling of the whole deal makes him an accomplice in my book.

Pretty much. I hope his end came easy and pain free, but in regards to his job he got what he deserved. His passing from this life doesn't pass the buck for his lack of action.

Odysseus
01-22-2012, 02:11 PM

His conduct in the sexual assault cases was despicable. The firing was the correct call, regardless of how great a coach he was.

RIP

Bailey
01-22-2012, 02:29 PM
His conduct in the sexual assault cases was despicable. The firing was the correct call, regardless of how great a coach he was.

RIP

Well I think you're wrong he did what the rules said for him to do

Bailey
01-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Only person despicable was the guy who witnessed it and did nothing, paterno never saw the event

Odysseus
01-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Well I think you're wrong he did what the rules said for him to do
He did the bare minimum. The fact is that he reported the rape of the chikld within his own chain, but didn't report it to the police or take any further action against Sandusky.

Only person despicable was the guy who witnessed it and did nothing, paterno never saw the event

No, that guy gets his own circle in hell, but Paterno had an obligation to remove Sandusky from his post and follow through on the report.

Put it another way: If you were in Paterno's position, could you allow someone who had raped a child to continue working for you? Could you live with that?

RedGrouse
01-22-2012, 03:59 PM

I once heard one can get a lot of praises, but if one bad thing happens to them, it is all over.

RedGrouse
01-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Westboro Baptist Church says it will picket Joe Paterno's funeral
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/01/westboro_baptist_church_says_i.html

Wonder why Paterno, when it was Sandusky who is the pervert and caused Paterno to be fired? :confused: :rolleyes:

RobJohnson
01-22-2012, 05:18 PM
I have a joke about Joe Paterno but I'm not going to tell anyone for 9 years.

Bailey
01-22-2012, 06:30 PM
He did the bare minimum. The fact is that he reported the rape of the chikld within his own chain, but didn't report it to the police or take any further action against Sandusky.

No, that guy gets his own circle in hell, but Paterno had an obligation to remove Sandusky from his post and follow through on the report.

Put it another way: If you were in Paterno's position, could you allow someone who had raped a child to continue working for you? Could you live with that?

He was gone by then ody, he was having a football camp when this happened and wasn't a coach.

JB
01-22-2012, 06:35 PM
I have a joke about Joe Paterno but I'm not going to tell anyone for 9 years.I'm going to +1 your post but I'm not going to laugh because it's the guys demise thread.

Puro Fan
01-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Joe Paterno did everything he was "supposed" to do. But he certainly didn't do everything he could have.

JB
01-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Well I think you're wrong he did what the rules said for him to doBy his own admission he said he wished he had done more. Don't defend his inaction when even he was conflicted by it.

AmPat
01-22-2012, 07:32 PM
RIP Joe. Condolences to friends and family.:Taps4:

linda22003
01-22-2012, 08:53 PM
RIP Joe. Condolences to friends and family.:Taps4:

And that's all that needs to be said.

TexasFred
01-22-2012, 09:39 PM
He KNEW kids were being RAPED, and he did NOTHING! I hope he's burning in hell.

I see you guys are still over-run with bleeding hearts, reminds me of why I left.

fettpett
01-23-2012, 12:53 AM

I see you guys are still over-run with bleeding hearts, reminds me of why I left.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bailey
01-23-2012, 07:07 AM

FOAD

linda22003
01-23-2012, 09:02 AM
[/FONT]

Feel free to do it again.

AmPat
01-23-2012, 11:42 AM

I see you have a hate-filled heart, reminds me why we're glad you left.

Nobody here agrees that Joe Pat did all he could do. The man is dead and what he failed to do about another man's crime isn't the issue. He was fired for Sandusky's crimes and his own part in failing to do more. that was hashed out in separate threads.

THIS thread is about the man's passing and your grave dancing is reprehensible.

Adam Wood
01-23-2012, 12:05 PM
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/01/westboro_baptist_church_says_i.html

Wonder why Paterno, when it was Sandusky who is the pervert and caused Paterno to be fired? :confused: :rolleyes:

God hates Big Ten coaches?

Could be. Everyone knows God favors the SEC! :p

::runs::

noonwitch
01-23-2012, 12:50 PM

Because Fred Phelps and his family are almost as sick and twisted as Sandusky. On top of that, they are publicity whores.

RIP Coach Paterno, and peace to all of his family, friends, and former students.

Rebel Yell
01-23-2012, 01:37 PM
I have a joke about Joe Paterno but I'm not going to tell anyone for 9 years.

If an older woman who sleeps with younger men is a cougar, does that make an old man who sleeps with young boys a Nittany Lion?

Rebel Yell
01-23-2012, 01:39 PM
He was gone by then ody, he was having a football camp when this happened and wasn't a coach.

He did still have access to the Penn State athletic facilities, though. It was almost a case of, "If you're gonna do it, just don't do it here."

Odysseus
01-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Because Fred Phelps and his family are almost as sick and twisted as Sandusky. On top of that, they are publicity whores.

You know, sooner or later, one of them is going to come out of the closet. :D

Rebel Yell
01-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Seriously, I think Paterno was a good guy at heart. He made a terrible decision that will forever haunt his legacy. We can't let his worst moment overshadow all the good he did for the young men he helped mold into adults. We also can't let all the good he did overshadow the heinousness of the biggest mistake of his life.

R.I.P. and Go Noles.

fettpett
01-23-2012, 01:53 PM

one of them? probably the whole damn clan :an:

noonwitch
01-23-2012, 02:03 PM

And that will be the day, for at least 5 minutes, liberals and conservatives will have a good long laugh with each other before going back to politics.

Zathras
01-23-2012, 03:02 PM

Then why did you come back?

Odysseus
01-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Then why did you come back?

Who is this guy?

RedGrouse
01-23-2012, 11:17 PM

Methinks Fred Phelps is a closeted homosexual.

RedGrouse
01-23-2012, 11:20 PM
One can have many praises, but one bad thing happens, it is over. Reputation crashes to the ground. A bunch attaboys can be destroyed by one screw up. Sadly that happened to Joe Paterno.

Joe Paterno won't be loved or hated; he will be forgotten
http://www.therolladailynews.com/newsnow/x66787380/Joe-Paterno-wont-be-loved-or-hated-he-will-be-forgotten

Can't absolve Paterno, even in death
http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/01/23/12/Cant-absolve-Paterno-even-in-death/landing_um.html?blockID=651470&feedID=3868

txradioguy
01-24-2012, 05:59 AM
Who is this guy?

Texas Fred is good people once you get to know him. Big C conservative.

Not afraid to say what he thinks.

BadCat
01-24-2012, 08:44 AM
I just hate to see a great career ruined by a fucking faggot.

Bailey
01-24-2012, 09:11 AM

I totally agree, he was friends with the fag and you can see what the fag did not only to his best friend but to the school.

RedGrouse
01-24-2012, 07:51 PM

There are just as many complicit people besides Paterno.

AmPat
01-24-2012, 08:35 PM
There are just as many complicit people besides Paterno.

McQueery comes to mind.

JB
01-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Free tickets that were handed out for Paterno's Thursday memorial are showing up on the web for sale.

The school and alumni are outraged. What did they think would happen? :rolleyes:

RobJohnson
01-25-2012, 05:16 AM

It would be much better if it was a hot lesbian. :D

RobJohnson
01-25-2012, 05:17 AM
I'm going to +1 your post but I'm not going to laugh because it's the guys demise thread.

:)

RobJohnson
01-25-2012, 05:19 AM

Welcome back, great to see you here!!