PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Mark Kirk (R-IL) has stroke

linda22003
01-23-2012, 02:37 PM
http://couriernews.suntimes.com/news/10185178-418/sen-mark-kirk-has-stroke-could-have-problems-with-left-arm-leg.html

AmPat
01-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Wow, he's younger than me. I hope he recovers soon.:eek:

Apocalypse
01-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Expect to see filth posted about this over at the DUmp.

fettpett
01-23-2012, 06:44 PM
I can't believe he drove himself to the hospital....but then again my father in law did the same thing when he was having his heart attack...whats with the over 50 crowd and not calling a ambulance?

Novaheart
01-23-2012, 08:42 PM

Define filth. Someone here said that Giffords should have resigned or been replaced a long time ago. So should this guy get the boot because of his infirmity?

fettpett
01-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Define filth. Someone here said that Giffords should have resigned or been replaced a long time ago. So should this guy get the boot because of his infirmity?

I said she should have because she was shot in the freaking head and still hasn't recovered completely.

If Kirk can't get back to work by summer, he should resign as well.

djones520
01-23-2012, 09:18 PM

I'm sure there is more then one thread, but the one linked to the main page has nothing but well wishes.

Kinda suprised me.

Novaheart
01-23-2012, 09:19 PM
I said she should have because she was shot in the freaking head and still hasn't recovered completely.

If Kirk can't get back to work by summer, he should resign as well.

How would Giffords or Kirk, in any state of recovery, compare to Cynthia McKinney and Michelle Bachmann?

Rockntractor
01-23-2012, 09:20 PM
How would Giffords or Kirk, in any state of recovery, compare to Cynthia McKinney and Michelle Bachmann?

You are fully living up to my expectations.

Novaheart
01-23-2012, 09:28 PM
You are fully living up to my expectations.

Then you missed my point, so I'll be less coy. I think that Giffords and Kirk restored to the ability to communicate are probably greater intellects than McKinney or Backmann in good health. Understand rubberband?

Kay
01-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Wow, he's younger than me. I hope he recovers soon.:eek:

He's the same age as me! :eek:
Shocked me when I heard this today on the radio and his age.

Novaheart
01-23-2012, 09:32 PM
He's the same age as me! :eek:
Shocked me when I heard this today on the radio and his age.

My grandmother was 28 years old when she had her first stroke. She had her last one fifty years later.

fettpett
01-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Then you missed my point, so I'll be less coy. I think that Giffords and Kirk restored to the ability to communicate are probably greater intellects than McKinney or Backmann in good health. Understand rubberband?

My point is that when health is that bad, it comes first, you can not do the job you were elected to when you are out of commission for so long. Couple months i can understand, but devastating injuries should not be over looked and let them have a pass. Gifford was out a year, half her term in office.

at lest Mckinney or Bachmann are who they were elected as, they are at lest doing their job.

I feel the same when someone is running for higher office, they should vacate their current office immediately

AmPat
01-24-2012, 11:31 AM

Giffords could not do the job to which she was elected. This guy drove himself to the hospital. That alone suggests that he can probably still do his job. If it proves that he cannot do his job, he should step down.

AmPat
01-24-2012, 11:33 AM

McKinney is an idiot. Bachmann is a Conservative. You dislike Bachmann simply because she is Conservative.:rolleyes:
Not good enough,back of the line and try again.

Novaheart
01-24-2012, 11:48 AM
McKinney is an idiot. Bachmann is a Conservative. You dislike Bachmann simply because she is Conservative.:rolleyes:
Not good enough,back of the line and try again.

Then you have to explain why I adore Ann Coulter. No, dear heart, I despise Michelle Bachmann because she's a crazy POS.

Rockntractor
01-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Then you have to explain why I adore Ann Coulter. No, dear heart, I despise Michelle Bachmann because she's a crazy POS.

I once saw a Christian parked in front of a liquor store!:confused:

AmPat
01-24-2012, 12:05 PM

You cut line, didn't you?
Explain why Bachmann is "a crazy POS."
Please explain how the state of MN allowed a "crazy POS to foster parent so many children.
Please show where ANY of her adopted, foster, or biological children believe her to be a "crazy POS."
Please provide medical or anecdotal evidence as to her alleged "craziness."

Otherwise, you are being illogical and this suggests that you are closer to being a crazy POS than your chosen target.

Arroyo_Doble
01-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Then you have to explain why I adore Ann Coulter.

She's a better queen than you?

NJCardFan
01-24-2012, 12:15 PM

How is saying the obvious filth? Giffords was shot in the head and clearly wasn't capable of continuing her duties. No one was saying she deserved it or that they hoped she died, which is the type of filth the DU tends to throw out in these situations. I really can't stand how you try to skew the conversation. You're strawman building is extremely tiresome.

NJCardFan
01-24-2012, 12:18 PM
What in the blue hell are you talking about? And what has Bachman done? McKinney, however, is a moonbat in the highest form. Unless Bachman slapped a Capital security guard and I missed it. :rolleyes:

jediab
01-24-2012, 04:10 PM
She's a better queen than you?

:D

SaintLouieWoman
01-24-2012, 05:06 PM
I can't believe he drove himself to the hospital....but then again my father in law did the same thing when he was having his heart attack...whats with the over 50 crowd and not calling a ambulance?
SR was 52 when he had his stroke. And he did not take an ambulance. I drove him.

Here's hoping Senator Kirk recovers quickly. I think he has a good chance to function mentally. Physical and occupational therapy should help him with the minor paralysis.

fettpett
01-24-2012, 06:58 PM
SR was 52 when he had his stroke. And he did not take an ambulance. I drove him.

yes, but he didn't drive himself, at lest you were there with him.