PDA

View Full Version : Why do we even call these things DEBATES?

Carol
01-24-2012, 06:50 PM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002213878)

Justice wanted (448 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

Why do we even call these things DEBATES? They are nothing more than Dog and Pony shows
playing to the audience. UNLIKE the debates in the past where the candidates actually talked about and seriously debated the issues and ways to solve them our degenerate shows are nothing more than one lines that have been tested to make people happy and actually tell you nothing about the candidate.

Now Newt's demanding for the audience to act like "trainned seals" and basically appauled and laughed and shout out when the one liner calls for it just shows how stupid this exercise is to the nation.

So in there present state why the freak don't we BAN these "DEBATES"?
LOL. For the same reason we call the Democrat dog and pony shows (when there isn't a Democrat incumbent running) debates.

And if you want Democrat debates banned, go right ahead and try to ban Republican ones.

Arrogant, narcissists aren't they? Kind of like the current Democrat president.

Janice
01-24-2012, 10:14 PM
If you had said ban liberal moderators I would have agreed.

Or if we are going to continue to pretend that lib moderators arent libs,

then lets have conservative moderators for the dem debates

and we can pretend theyre not conservatives.

Odysseus
01-25-2012, 09:42 AM
If you had said ban liberal moderators I would have agreed.

Or if we are going to continue to pretend that lib moderators arent libs,

then lets have conservative moderators for the dem debates

and we can pretend theyre not conservatives.

I demand equal time. The next time the Democrats have debates, they should be moderated by talk radio hosts. Can anyone imagine a panel consisting of Mark Levin, Dennis Prager, Laura Ingraham and moderated by Rush Limbaugh vs. the Democratic presidential nominees? That would be a ratings bonanza.

Janice
01-25-2012, 10:09 AM
I demand equal time. The next time the Democrats have debates, they should be moderated by talk radio hosts. Can anyone imagine a panel consisting of Mark Levin, Dennis Prager, Laura Ingraham and moderated by Rush Limbaugh vs. the Democratic presidential nominees? That would be a ratings bonanza.

Absolutely!

AmPat
01-25-2012, 01:41 PM
It would only work if they had the shut the H*** up button when the King of saying nothing, O Blah Blah, began lyin----uh, talking.

noonwitch
01-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Neither party has real debates, like high school or college debate teams do it. The candidates don't really debate issues or have real rebuttals. The media reps ask questions and from there on out, the candidates are either attacking or defending themselves. The public seems to like this, but the public also seems to like "Jersey Shore" and "Keeping Up With The Kardashians".

I remember the debates of the 80s being more like real debates with real rules than what they do now. I wasn't alive for the Nixon/Kennedy debates, which people were still talking about when I was in high school.

AmPat
01-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Neither party has real debates, like high school or college debate teams do it. The candidates don't really debate issues or have real rebuttals. The media reps ask questions and from there on out, the candidates are either attacking or defending themselves. The public seems to like this, but the public also seems to like "Jersey Shore" and "Keeping Up With The Kardashians".

I remember the debates of the 80s being more like real debates with real rules than what they do now. I wasn't alive for the Nixon/Kennedy debates, which people were still talking about when I was in high school.

The liberal panels don't serve up "real" questions, what did you expect?

Rockntractor
01-25-2012, 02:23 PM

It would be nice if we could get just one Republican primary debate patterned after this.

Janice
01-25-2012, 03:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Q30KD.jpg

It would be nice if we could get just one Republican primary debate patterned after this.

You know of course the GOP elite (aka our "betters") would never stand for it.

They fear conservatives almost as much as the left does. They hated Reagan and are not about to let that "mistake" happen again. Thats why we must vote them out ... starting with the House and the Senate GOP "leadership" along with the demonic-rats.

FlaGator
01-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Justice wanted (448 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

Why do we even call these things DEBATES? They are nothing more than Dog and Pony shows
playing to the audience. UNLIKE the debates in the past where the candidates actually talked about and seriously debated the issues and ways to solve them our degenerate shows are nothing more than one lines that have been tested to make people happy and actually tell you nothing about the candidate.

Now Newt's demanding for the audience to act like "trainned seals" and basically appauled and laughed and shout out when the one liner calls for it just shows how stupid this exercise is to the nation.

So in there present state why the freak don't we BAN these "DEBATES"?

To paraphrase George Carlin...
How come our stuff is shit and your shit is stuff?