PDA

View Full Version : Bruins Goalie Tim Thomas Snubs White House Invite

NJCardFan
01-25-2012, 12:05 AM
Boston Bruins Goalie, Tim Thomas, Snubs White House Invite

WASHINGTON, DC -- Opposed to what he called the "out of control" growth of the federal government, Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas declined an invitation to join his teammates at the White House on Monday.

The award-winning Thomas, who last year led the Bruins to the Stanley Cup championship emblematic of National Hockey League supremacy, was one of three players missing when President Barack Obama met with the team to offer congratulations. Link (http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-boston-bruins-goalie-snubs-white-house,0,7585479.story)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure how I feel about this. While I agree with Thomas on his views, this wasn't about politics but it's something that's done a lot and whether or not you agree with the sitting president, it's still an honor to be invited. Of course the moonbats in Boston are going to kill this guy for it no doubt but if the shoe were on the other foot, you can guarantee the moonbats would be cheering the gesture. But, for me, I don't know. I think he should have gone.

Rockntractor
01-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Good for him!!

djones520
01-25-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm with you on this NJ. We slam on celebrities whenever they try to make political points from the left. This invitation had nothing to do with politics.

One could argue it's the only real pulpit he had to get his voice out there, but sometimes your voice just doesn't need to be heard. Sometimes it's just better to play nice.

Bailey
01-25-2012, 02:08 PM
I think he did right but I wouldve went just to spit in his face and then smack MOOOOchelle on her fat ass but then again thats how I roll. :D

Rockntractor
01-25-2012, 02:38 PM
I think he did right but I wouldve went just to spit in his face and then smack MOOOOchelle on her fat ass but then again thats how I roll. :D

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/image021.jpg

Starbuck
01-25-2012, 03:40 PM
.... This invitation had nothing to do with politics.

One could argue it's the only real pulpit he had to get his voice out there.........
God Bless the USA, where a silent statement like the one made by a relatively unknown athlete can be heard and must be tolerated.

Bailey
01-25-2012, 03:57 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/image021.jpg

God she dresses like she lives in the projects

txradioguy
01-25-2012, 03:58 PM
If he'd done this during the Bush Administration he'd have ben a media darling for standing up to the "powers" in the WH.

noonwitch
01-25-2012, 04:00 PM
It's bad sportsmanship, because the day is supposed to be about celebrating a victory with one's teammates.

Arroyo_Doble
01-25-2012, 04:02 PM
It's bad sportsmanship, because the day is supposed to be about celebrating a victory with one's teammates.

How many times have you seen childish behavior from a professional athlete?

One more doesn't really matter.

Bailey
01-25-2012, 04:02 PM
If he'd done this during the Bush Administration he'd have ben a media darling for standing up to the "powers" in the WH.

There were a least a couple of NBA players that didnt go to Bushes WH gatherings but you dont hear the DUmmies complain then.

txradioguy
01-25-2012, 04:10 PM
There were a least a couple of NBA players that didnt go to Bushes WH gatherings but you dont hear the DUmmies complain then.

That's back when dissent was patriotic.

And of course the fact that it's a different President therefore different rules apply.

txradioguy
01-25-2012, 04:10 PM

Of course you'd say that.

Bless your heart.

JB
01-25-2012, 06:06 PM
It's bad sportsmanship, because the day is supposed to be about celebrating a victory with one's teammates.When he was a kid he probably took his ball and went home a lot.

Arroyo_Doble
01-25-2012, 06:08 PM
When he was a kid he probably took his ball and went home a lot.

I bet his friends were glad they were playing hockey.

noonwitch
01-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Of course you'd say that.

Bless your heart.

My team went in 2008 to see Bush and a lot of them weren't even americans!

JB
01-25-2012, 06:17 PM
I bet his friends were glad they were playing hockey.Us poor city folk played hockey with a ball. On an uphill surface.

JB
01-25-2012, 06:20 PM
There were a least a couple of NBA players that didnt go to Bushes WH gatherings but you dont hear the DUmmies complain then.Oh, I was laughing my ass off at them.

They were nothing more than a bunch of numnutz for not wanting to take a trip to the WH to be honored for their accomplishments, by the President of the US no less.

djones520
01-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Us poor city folk played hockey with a ball. On an uphill surface.

Let me guess, the court went uphill both ways?

Zathras
01-25-2012, 07:16 PM

If it was just about celebrating the day with your teammates then Obama has no right to be there. All this is is a photo op for the Bumbler in Chief, nothing more.

Zathras
01-25-2012, 07:18 PM

Good for them...still just a photo op for the President, no matter which side is in.

djones520
01-25-2012, 07:20 PM
If it was just about celebrating the day with your teammates then Obama has no right to be there. All this is is a photo op for the Bumbler in Chief, nothing more.

Say the same about Reagan, both Bush's, and Clinton? It's been a tradition since the 80's to congratulate US teams that win the Cup. The Canadian Prime Minister does it for Canadian teams.

JB
01-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Let me guess, the court went uphill both ways?Of course. And it didn't have snow or ice on it. That would be too much like real hockey. When we took slapshots the goalie had to stop the ball and it's residuals...half a dozen rocks and broken glass.

djones520
01-25-2012, 07:24 PM
Of course. And it didn't have snow or ice on it. That would be too much like real hockey. When we took slapshots the goalie had to stop the ball and it's residuals...half a dozen rocks and broken glass.

I remember those days... The roads we played on were concrete made with sea shells in it. That stuff was rough to take a tumble on.

JB
01-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Say the same about Reagan, both Bush's, and Clinton? It's been a tradition since the 80's to congratulate US teams that win the Cup. The Canadian Prime Minister does it for Canadian teams.Cut him slack. The Sharks have never won the Stanley Cup so he is probably unfamiliar with the concept of the winning team visiting the WH. :D

Arroyo_Doble
01-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Cut him slack. The Sharks have never won the Stanley Cup so he is probably unfamiliar with the concept of the winning team visiting the WH. :D

I wish I were a big hockey fan so I could laugh.

Rockntractor
01-25-2012, 07:50 PM
I wish I were a big hockey fan so I could laugh.

You make a good puck!

Arroyo_Doble
01-25-2012, 07:51 PM
You make a good puck!

Left index finger not right pinkie.

Zathras
01-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Cut him slack. The Sharks have never won the Stanley Cup so he is probably unfamiliar with the concept of the winning team visiting the WH. :D

Have plenty of experience with my teams visiting the White House....49ers and SF Giants have been there. :p

noonwitch
01-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Have plenty of experience with my teams visiting the White House....49ers and SF Giants have been there. :p

Really, only one of my teams has visited the White House, they've just done it 4 times in the last 15 years. I think the Pistons have gone a couple of times, too.

Starbuck
01-26-2012, 12:17 PM

Illegal immigrants would stand in line to see Obama.