PDA

View Full Version : Take a bow occupy...

SarasotaRepub
01-25-2012, 09:18 AM
:rolleyes:
Delusional as ever... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002217957)

Wed Jan 25, 2012, 01:11 AM
nadinbrzezinski

Take a bow occupy...

Last edited Wed Jan 25, 2012, 01:17 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1) (http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=217957#edits)

From the State of the Union tonight...

"I am asking my Attorney General to create a special unit of federal prosecutors and leading state attorneys general to expand our investigations into the abusive lending and packaging of risky mortgages that led to the housing crisis. This new unit will hold accountable those who broke the law, speed assistance to homeowners, and help turn the page on an era of recklessness that hurt so many Americans."

Yes, to all those who ask, what do they want? That is one of the demands.

Another from the SOTU... the idea that college tuition should stop going up the way it is, and to make it affordable.

Take a bow Occupy...

Yeah Nadin, he was acting according to your plan...JHC these people are delusional.

Odysseus
01-25-2012, 09:39 AM
"I am asking my Attorney General to create a special unit of federal prosecutors and leading state attorneys general to expand our investigations into the abusive lending and packaging of risky mortgages that led to the housing crisis. This new unit will hold accountable those who broke the law, speed assistance to homeowners, and help turn the page on an era of recklessness that hurt so many Americans."

Left out of that paragraph:

"We will begin with the executives at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac that hid toxic loans, falsified their reporting and otherwise deceived regulators, then look at those members of the government who benefited from sweetheart loans from the worst offenders and derailed attempts at oversight."

michaelsean
01-25-2012, 10:00 AM
Voice for Peace (4,996 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

6. Occupy lit a grand fire

and I love its dormant power.. such that wherever greed and cheat and deceit rear their hideous heads, Occupy will shine a light and name the beasts.

Occupy has set the theme of politics for this year, and probably has won the election for Obama.

Voice for Peace just can't hide that inner poet yearning to break free. Sadly nobody has commented on the moving words so I thought I'd give her (I hope) a boost.

SarasotaRepub
01-25-2012, 10:18 AM
We'll need some additional "Brigade" members...

http://stores.brickbrigade.com/media/00/a6473951342bb0f5d4b5a2_m.jpg

:D

JB
01-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah, because no one ever heard of the housing crisis until Occupukes started talking about it.

This is good though. Will finally see Dodd and Frank in cuffs.

Elspeth
01-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Yeah, because no one ever heard of the housing crisis until Occupukes started talking about it.

This is good though. Will finally see Dodd and Frank in cuffs.

Nobody's going to jail for this. Obama made a big deal with Wall Street right before the SOTU:

http://www.thenation.com/blog/165806/obama-brink-settlement-big-banks-and-progressives-are-furious

...Now, on the eve President Obama’s State of the Union address—in which he plans to further advance a populist message against big money and income inequality—the deal may be here, and it’s every bit as ugly as progressives feared.

The Associated Press reports that a proposed deal could be announced within weeks. Five banks—Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank and Ally Financial (formerly GMAC)—would pay the federal government $25 billion. About $17 billion would be used to reduce the principal that some struggling homeowners owe, $5 billion more would be used for future federal and state programs and $3 billion would be used to help homeowners refinance at 5.25 percent. Civil immunity would be granted to the banks for any role in foreclosure fraud, and there would be no investigations...

...Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio characterized the rumored deal as “not much more than a slap on the wrist,” and added that while banks were always know to be too big to fail, they were now apparently “too big to jail.”

“When laws are broken there need to be full investigations,” Brown said. “Wall Street should not get another bailout.”....

And if this is what he is doing for the banks, you know Fannie and Freddie aren't going down.

NJCardFan
01-25-2012, 10:03 PM
We'll need some additional "Brigade" members...

http://stores.brickbrigade.com/media/00/a6473951342bb0f5d4b5a2_m.jpg

:D

Hey, that looks like me in uniform.

Rockntractor
01-25-2012, 10:08 PM
Hey, that looks like me in uniform.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/fatCopClear.gif

Odysseus
01-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Nobody's going to jail for this. Obama made a big deal with Wall Street right before the SOTU:

And if this is what he is doing for the banks, you know Fannie and Freddie aren't going down.

Amazing that nobody sees this for what it is.

The Associated Press reports that a proposed deal could be announced within weeks. Five banksóBank of America, JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank and Ally Financial (formerly GMAC)ówould pay the federal government $25 billion. About $17 billion would be used to reduce the principal that some struggling homeowners owe, $5 billion more would be used for future federal and state programs and $3 billion would be used to help homeowners refinance at 5.25 percent. Civil immunity would be granted to the banks for any role in foreclosure fraud, and there would be no investigations...

So, you pay me $25 billion, and I don't prosecute you for doing what we ordered you to do in the first place. This is extortion masquerading as politics. Mafia dons wouldn't be this brazen.

Arroyo_Doble
01-26-2012, 04:34 PM

The Associated Press reports that a proposed deal could be announced within weeks. Five banksóBank of America, JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank and Ally Financial (formerly GMAC)ówould pay the federal government $25 billion. About $17 billion would be used to reduce the principal that some struggling homeowners owe, $5 billion more would be used for future federal and state programs and $3 billion would be used to help homeowners refinance at 5.25 percent. Civil immunity would be granted to the banks for any role in foreclosure fraud, and there would be no investigations...

So, you pay me $25 billion, and I don't prosecute you for doing what we ordered you to do in the first place. This is extortion masquerading as politics. Mafia dons wouldn't be this brazen.

They were ordered to commit foreclosure fraud?

Madisonian
01-26-2012, 07:42 PM

While the politics involved is disgusting, given the amount of taxpayer funds given these 5 entities (close to half a tril depending on how you count it), I can't exactly feel sorry for them either.

The heads of these banks had no problems cashing their bonus checks while at the same time lamenting about the housing scam. Oh well, shit happens.

RobJohnson
01-26-2012, 09:50 PM
http://xaxor.com/images/Occupy-Wall-Street-signs/Occupy-Wall-Street-signs25.jpg

AmPat
01-27-2012, 01:08 PM

Left out of that paragraph:

"We will begin with the executives at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac that hid toxic loans, falsified their reporting and otherwise deceived regulators, then look at those members of the government who benefited from sweetheart loans from the worst offenders and derailed attempts at oversight."

Furthermore, we will prosecute those in positions of authority such as Janet Reno who abused their positions of authority by threatening banks that refused to "play along." The prosecutions will include all levels of government and private industry to include President of the United States and his appointees, and specifically those in oversight of Federal programs such as Chris Dud and Bawny Fwank.

Odysseus
01-27-2012, 02:22 PM
They were ordered to commit foreclosure fraud?

No, they were ordered to make loans to people who had no credit and would never pay them back. The foreclosure fraud was done by a few robo-signers who were in violation of their fiduciary responsibility to review the cases that they signed, and they ought to be punished, but the vast majority of this crisis was created by the federal government and exacerbated by its policies.

Arroyo_Doble
01-27-2012, 03:26 PM
No, they were ordered to make loans to people who had no credit and would never pay them back.

Bullshit.

The foreclosure fraud was done by a few robo-signers who were in violation of their fiduciary responsibility to review the cases that they signed, and they ought to be punished, but the vast majority of this crisis was created by the federal government and exacerbated by its policies.

Ah.

So, no, they were not forced to commit foreclosure fraud.

Odysseus
01-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Bullshit.
Never heard of the Community Reinvestment Act, then?

Ah.

So, no, they were not forced to commit foreclosure fraud.

No, they were not. Take your tiny victory, little man.

AmPat
01-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Never heard of the Community Reinvestment Act, then?

No, they were not. Take your tiny victory, little man.

You are arguing with a tiny brain that insists upon kissing O Blah blah's butt and licking every liberal scrotum he can find. He is a liberal apologist and therefore immune to the facts in front of his face. AD will be a proud little Marxist and carry his little Red book everywhere he goes.

Don't you realize that the economy cannot possibly be the fault of government? That is preposterous in his tiny brain as the government is firmly in the hands of his heroes from the left. Give it a few years and when the GOP has the reins and he will be blaming government (GOP) vehemently. This of course won't be hypocrisy in his fevered little skull even though he will use the same arguments in some cases as you.:cool: