PDA

View Full Version : NBC/WSJ poll: Obama benefits from growing economic optimism

RedGrouse
01-25-2012, 11:30 PM
NBC/WSJ poll: Obama benefits from growing economic optimism
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/25/10237484-nbcwsj-poll-obama-benefits-from-growing-economic-optimism

The economy is still weak.

txradioguy
01-26-2012, 03:26 AM
What optimism?

noonwitch
01-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Things are better in Michigan. The auto bailout really helped us, and our RINO governor is a smart businessman. Things are still bad, but the big three are hiring again and unemployment is down from what it was a couple of years ago.

I'm not saying that things are better elsewhere, but the economy was really bad here and now it's slightly better.

DumbAss Tanker
01-26-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm having a difficult time seeing how Europe is going to do anything but generate increasing fiscal crises over the next six months, it has been quiet - too quiet - over there lately, but with no developments that address the underlying problems.

djones520
01-26-2012, 11:12 AM
There have been undercurrents of an improving economy that most people will spot if they don't spend all day trying to find everything bad.

It's to little, to late, in my opinion, but I am not the masses.

If Europe collapses over the summer, any little improvements will dissapear.

AmPat
01-26-2012, 11:23 AM
NBC/WSJ poll: Obama benefits from growing economic optimism
Oh great! Here we go again. An electorate that is poised to vote for an intangible again. Last time this worked out so well when the nation voted for a non specific Hope and Change that amounted to Hopeless Despair for three years and counting.

Now these same morons are poised to vote for "optimism" instead of what is right in front of their stupid, moon-pie, blank stare faces; national bankruptcy, massive inflation, devalued dollar, declining military, lower credit rating, record joblessness, record debt, and massive bills coming due.:mad:

linda22003
01-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Oh great! Here we go again. An electorate that is poised to vote for an intangible again. Last time this worked out so well when the nation voted for a non specific Hope and Change that amounted to Hopeless Despair for three years and counting.

Now these same morons are poised to vote for "optimism" instead of what is right in front of their stupid, moon-pie, blank stare faces; national bankruptcy, massive inflation, devalued dollar, declining military, lower credit rating, record joblessness, record debt, and massive bills coming due.:mad:

I agree with you - however, what are the Republicans offering as a competing vision? I don't think there's a coherent picture of that yet, and the longer the primaries go on, the harder it may be to project one. :confused:

AmPat
01-26-2012, 11:50 AM
I agree with you - however, what are the Republicans offering as a competing vision? I don't think there's a coherent picture of that yet, and the longer the primaries go on, the harder it may be to project one. :confused:
No doubt the GOP better coalesce around a Conservative, coherent platform and soon. Still, the Marxist Deceiver was elected on fluff once before and the public should not accept his BS a second time around.

Janice
01-26-2012, 12:28 PM
No doubt the GOP better coalesce around a Conservative, coherent platform and soon. Still, the Marxist Deceiver was elected on fluff once before and the public should not accept his BS a second time around.

The GOP had a mission to discredit the conservatives in the race. They could not and will not stand for anything approaching another Ronald Reagan. So far - Mission Accomplished!

Now they are working on their own version of electing fluff.

Easy to see why I call myself a conservative independent today. At least until the current GOP leadership is shit-canned along with the rats. Our country just cant survive them.

Rebel Yell
01-26-2012, 12:40 PM

That's the problem. I don't think any of them know what to do. Personally, I think it all needs to start with reforming disabilty benefits. I don't have a problem with anyone who is disabled getting help, but fat doesn't equal disable. Asthma won't keep you from working. I see people around here all the time that get disablity because they are, literally, to lazy to work. Anxiety isn't a disabilty. It's time to let people tkae care of theirselves or do without.

If you get government assistance, you shouldn't have a 51" flatscreen and the latest IPhone.